R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Ice Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mini7096
Trying to upload but they are in my gallery now just dont know how to attach
Here ya go!

Here's a link of how to include Gallery images in a post:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...aq_member_post

You can also use the "img" tag, if you know BBCode.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 PM
mini7096
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Duplicate

Last edited by mini7096; 01-08-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Delete Duplicate
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 AM
mini7096
2nd Gear
Kinda Ice Blue at the Classic Ralley

Saw this photo and thought I would share with the other Ice Blue Owners. Looks a lot like the old classic color that was part of the bunch.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Coop-a-Loop
4th Gear
2013 ice blue w/ black top mini cooper s

Here is my new stock MCS in Ice Blue. This car is so much nicer than my 05 MCS. More refined and much faster and more powerful. It even rides better than my 05. Wow and now I have a new one in my most favorite color in the world. The only thing I don't like about my new MCS is that it is too quiet. The exhaust note is quieter than my 05. I'm gonna fix that w/ the JCW engine tune kit very soon.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:17 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice ride! Thanks for the post...another Ice Blue on the streets!

Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Coop-a-Loop
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ljmattox
Nice ride! Thanks for the post...another Ice Blue on the streets!
How is that JCW engine tune kit working for you? I'm gonna get it very soon. How does the S exhaust note compare to the JCW exhaust note?

Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JCW kit has been great, thanks!

I've had it installed since new, so nearly 19k miles so far. I'd driven two different MCS hardtops in the course of getting ready to order mine, and more engine note was something I really wanted. That led me to research exhaust alternatives, then tuning, etc. I'm really pleased with the exhaust tone, and of course with the extra performance. To me, the stock MCS is barely audible; the JCW really opens up without being harsh. And it still gets mid-to-high 30's mpg, depending.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 AM
mini7096
2nd Gear
What do I think of my color after 2 Months

It is funny. I read a lot about the color on mini posts, oh it is girlie (seriously.). I like it alot and it is different which is cool. I get so many compliments (guys and girls) "i love that color, I have never seen one before" that is so cool..yadda yadda yadda. I live in arizona and the only other color I would have gotten was White metallic or silver white but then their is such an over abundance of white cars the mini would be lost. The ice blue is light enough so that it won't draw so much heat, color hides dirt (but I give it baths all the time) and I just plain like my color and think the options that they included make it look sporty but more on the classy side. So typically I follow the most common path with everyone else. This time I bought the car that caught my eye immediately in the showroom and nothing else really compared. Who ever combined the options / colors did a great job.

Ice Blue and loving it, belonging to the very few in Phoenix and haven't ever seen another one on the road yet.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:08 PM
ol1bit
1st Gear
I'm in AZ too. I had a 2011 British Racing Green, but traded it in last year for my wife's Nissan Cube..as a side note hardly lost anything, keeps value good. Argh.. but still a mistake... miss is soo much.. Anyway looking again for me, this time something a tad more cool in 118 degree heat and not such a dust magnet, green shows dust everyday.
I think Ice Blue is the color I'm going to get.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:06 AM
mini7096
2nd Gear
AZ Mini's

Originally Posted by ol1bit
I'm in AZ too. I had a 2011 British Racing Green, but traded it in last year for my wife's Nissan Cube..as a side note hardly lost anything, keeps value good. Argh.. but still a mistake... miss is soo much.. Anyway looking again for me, this time something a tad more cool in 118 degree heat and not such a dust magnet, green shows dust everyday.
I think Ice Blue is the color I'm going to get.
Well if you see me on the road - beep. I will look for a Cube to wave at. I am in the East Valley. I am the only Ice Blue I have seen on the road. If you do go with the Toffee interior it looks classy with that color. Black goes with everything so can't go wrong there. I would be so happy to see another Ice Blue on the road. Haven't seen one yet so you would be a member of the exclusive club but than with a cube you already know the feeling. Hope you jump on board again. I have read every review on the mini and I hope i don't have the maintenance issues people talk about. Strange my sister got a new transmission on her lexus at $100k but if that happened on a mini people would be screaming. I think everyone is just jealous they don't have one so they pick on them. BUT I AM NOT PARTIAL EITHER

Old 02-28-2013, 11:06 AM
mini7096
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Coop-a-Loop
Here is my new stock MCS in Ice Blue. This car is so much nicer than my 05 MCS. More refined and much faster and more powerful. It even rides better than my 05. Wow and now I have a new one in my most favorite color in the world. The only thing I don't like about my new MCS is that it is too quiet. The exhaust note is quieter than my 05. I'm gonna fix that w/ the JCW engine tune kit very soon.

Handsome little car

Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM
fvfvsix
1st Gear
Well if you see me on the road - beep. I will look for a Cube to wave at. I am in the East Valley. I am the only Ice Blue I have seen on the road.
Your car was on the dealer lot in November when I ordered ours. Funny thing is that, by my count, there are around 5 or 6 Ice Blue's roaming the East Valley now - including two that are nearly identical to Evie!

If you see this one... say "hi". It's probably my wife driving it (she doesn't let me behind the wheel very often)

Old 02-28-2013, 02:00 PM
mini7096
2nd Gear
Did Test Drive and put the 15 miles on my car

Originally Posted by fvfvsix
Your car was on the dealer lot in November when I ordered ours. Funny thing is that, by my count, there are around 5 or 6 Ice Blue's roaming the East Valley now - including two that are nearly identical to Evie!

If you see this one... say "hi". It's probably my wife driving it (she doesn't let me behind the wheel very often)

I LOVE YOUR CAR. I don't know if you remember but I was sold on that bugger as soon as I saw the Toffee Lounge Leather Sport Seats. The only thing I miss getting is the S. I was getting ready to order it just like the one in the showroom but in an S. I didn't even mind waiting. But after I drove this with the Sport suspension and the 17" wheels the ride (other than the power difference) was not much different. I love HER car. My husband says the same thing. This is the first time he has ever become a passenger. A little panicy at first but enjoys not filling up the truck and now he wants me to drive everywhere. I am in the East Valley but I will be looking for you. I know she loves the car and I don't blame her for not letting you drive it. My husband hasn't done a solo yet. He thinks he might be able to take it to Ben Avery. ARE YOU KIDDING ME .... IN THAT DUST....NO WAY

Old 02-28-2013, 02:14 PM
mini7096
2nd Gear
Tell her to get the Pet Friendly Plates. the Colors on the plate look really cool with the ice blue ....... of course since it is her car and all.......

Old 03-01-2013, 09:12 AM
fvfvsix
1st Gear
I'll tell her what you said. If the two of you did run into each other, I'm almost certain that you'd strike up a conversation

He thinks he might be able to take it to Ben Avery. ARE YOU KIDDING ME .... IN THAT DUST....NO WAY
Yeah, I'd agree. Mini hardtops aren't exactly 'gun range friendly'
You can't even fit a large range bag in the back! Not that I've tried or anything

Old 03-03-2013, 06:05 PM
ol1bit
1st Gear
Well,

I caved to a used 2010 JCW Green machine, was a great price loaded and pristine. Otherwise I would have gotten an Ice Blue. Cheers!

Old 03-04-2013, 12:15 PM
mini7096
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ol1bit
Well,

I caved to a used 2010 JCW Green machine, was a great price loaded and pristine. Otherwise I would have gotten an Ice Blue. Cheers!
That selection is very tough for me to criticize. OMG looks great and bet you will love the JCW engine. I know sometimes things happen when you get to the dealer. My agenda was to absolutely get the S version and once i saw how the little optioned up Ice Blue looked I didn't even sleep on it. I was going to get the Pepper White. So much for preselecting colors. When you get to the dealers you have to see what they have. Good Luck to you.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:02 AM
mini7096
2nd Gear
Just spotted another ICE BLUE mini on Elliot Road this morning

Not sure if you are on this forum but I beeped when i saw you on Elliot Road in Tempe. HOW COOL IS THAT. You had a white roof though. Anyway, mini WAVE to you.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Drove along El Camino Real with another Ice Blue Justa last night. We both waved.

Found out that one of the servers at my Thursday night hangout is the owner of the Ice Blue Justa that I see there frequently. She had no clue about the color, and wasn't excited or interested in the car at all. Evidently her parents gave it to her. Sigh...

Old 03-11-2013, 08:53 AM
mini7096
2nd Gear
ALL I CAN SAY IS SPOILED. Too bad for her not being excited about getting a mini for free.Geez. I will not understand anyone buying a mini and not being excited. If you just want A Car there is too many options out there a whole lot cheaper. Oh well. AT least we know there are two ice blue owners super excited for their ice blue. She probably would have prefered a Jcw gp. Then again wouldnt we all

Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Actually, no. I ordered the car that I wanted. If I had wanted a JCW of any kind, I would have ordered it.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Met another Ice Blue car going into the grocery store parking lot yesterday. Not only was it an Ice Blue Justa, it had a white roof and mirrors, white stripes, and the 15" twin-spoke wheels!

The only exterior difference between that car and mine is the shorty antenna I installed...

After we had both parked, I talked to the driver for about 30 seconds--"Hey, you stole my car!" (while pointing at my car). She was slightly amused; I was more amused. (To be fair, she might have been intimidated by a big old guy accusing her of theft. )

Old 03-16-2013, 06:33 PM
OmasIce
Neutral
Just saying hello

I just ordered my "pre retirement/life is short" dream girl today- a 2013 Ice Blue auto Justa.

She should be here in about 8 weeks. I can't wait.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:21 AM
mini7096
2nd Gear
HOW Cool is that. You won't be sorry. I love my ice blue. I am partial but I think that color is very sporty and not too blue to get on your nrrves over the years. Keep that a secret. We want to keep the numbers of ice blue too a minimum

Okay needed to start adding the "other accessories"

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ini_Shoes1.jpg

Last edited by mini7096; 03-18-2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Added Picture
Old 03-17-2013, 03:21 PM
OmasIce
Neutral
mini7096, that's how I see the Ice Blue. Just enough blue to not get on my nerves I've had variations of her built in the configurator for the past two years.

Seeing the mules of the upcoming 2014 and reading about the interior changes, I thought it was now or never to order what may be the last of what I think are the "classic new MINIs."

I do not think I will be sorry. Also, I NEVER see this color on the road and the Puget Sound area is MINI territory.

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Ice Blue Owners Club