St. Louis MINI Club The St. Louis MINI Club Forums. Visit our club site at www.stlmini.com

Invisible Bra Installation in St. Louis

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Marek the Ultrashield Guy
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again!!!

Why did my post come out all funky like that?

I guess I managed to fix it.

Thanks again,

Mark

Last edited by Mark; 11-16-2005 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Removed business contact information as this user is not a recognized vendor on NAM
Old 09-24-2004, 08:00 AM
trlarry
2nd Gear
Really Bad Invisibible Bra Exsperience

After talking to Devon at the dealership and asking him where to get an invisbible bra installed on my Areo kit ,after getting my first rock chip. he advised me to go to Quality Glass Tinting in Manchester,Mo. Well things seem fine but I notice that after only being on the car for about 2 months the LLumar film that had been installed was already starting to peel loose on several of the edges and trapping dirt. Over the next two months it got worse and worse. LLumar guarantees it won't bubble,crack, peel or turn yellow for the life of the car or the will replace it. But after seeing how it had performed on my car I had decided to try 3M film instead. That when I got the shock of my life. I hook up with Mark the new 3m guy to have him do my Mini and when he started to remove the old LLumar film he called me to tell me that he had taken a small peice about 10 inches off the very bottom of the front Areo kit and when it came off a whole lot of paint chips came off with it. it seems that the LLumar film is so thin that it did not protect the paint from chipping all it did was to do was to hold the paint chips in place. Everytime something hit the front of the car it still chipped the paint. Now Bob who runs the place is real cool he says that they stand behind their product and he is ready to put another LLumar Invisibible Bra on my car, right on top of all the rock chip paint. I probally have 20 t0 30 small rock chips in this area alone and the film is not torn or damaged, and it is not like I have been following gravel trucks around town tailgateing them. I got an estimate from Autohaus to fix the car it is going to cost $865 to put a new front end on it and repaint it. I am waitng to hear from the LLumar factory representives. I'll let you know what they say. Also I'm waiting to take the rest of the film off to see if it pulls paint off the entire front cover or just down low. But I had about 30 rock chips sticking to the film when they try to take it off. I'll keep you posted. (by the way Mark did a great job put on the 3m film on the rest of my car) Larry

Old 10-14-2004, 07:30 AM
MTR ON
2nd Gear
Wooohooooo!!!

I've gotten the first half of the UltraShield installed on Ariel (still waiting for the paint to cure on the new Aero kit bumper before the UltraShield is installed on that). I have to say that Mark did an absolutely, super, duper, fan-tab-u-lous job!!! I just wish I would have done this A LOT sooner. Like, drove the car to have the UltraShield installed imediately after delivery. O'Well, hindsight is always 20/20. (Now I know for the next one. Hee! Hee! ) The best news is that Mark did a most excellent job. If any of you are on the fence about having the UltraShield installed, I highly recommend protecting your baby against all of the nasties that will inevitably be on the road with winter around the corner (that's how I got all my damage last winter ). Plus the fact that we now have a worthy installer in St. Louie. YEAH! :smile:

Old 10-14-2004, 08:39 AM
BradB
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree! Marek did my brand new Audi S4 (can I say that here? ) last week and it looks great. I brought it home from the dealer and wouldn't drive it antwhere until the film was on!

Old 11-29-2004, 10:26 AM
trlarry
2nd Gear
Good Ending to a Bad Story

After having the paint job on my Aero kit ruined by rock chips not being protected by the Llumar brand invisashield. I was not very happy. So I exspressed my disappointment in their product to them very calmly and waited patiently for a response. Actually I waited for about 2 months and made a whole lot of phone calls and E-mails, but finally they agreed with me that thier 4mm film was not enough to protect my car and sent me a check:smile: so that I can put a new Aero kit front end on. I am going to wait to spring to install it and I will be using 3-M protection on the new front end.
Larry

Old 11-29-2004, 10:59 AM
BradB
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's great news. At least they are to be congratulated for standing behind what they can (and can't) do.

"Mark the Ultrashield Guy" will take care of you! He does great work. I am still chip free!

Old 02-19-2005, 01:52 PM
trlarry
2nd Gear
Thumbs Up for Ultrashield

Finally had my new Aero kit front bumper installed and took my Mini to Mark( the Ultrashield installer) to have the 3M paint protection put on. It looks great, Mark did a fantastic job. If anybody is thinking about an invisible bra, I would highly reccomend calling Mark. If you have an Aero kit you only have 2 choices, rock chipped paint or putting a bra on your car and I would reccomend the invisible bra.
Larry