All other MINI parts and items for Sale (archive) Archived - Everything for sale that is not a car or wheels and tires (but is MINI/Mini-related)

FS: OEM Driving Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 07:44 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: OEM Driving Lights

OEM Factory MINI set of driving lights and brackets for MINI Cooper or Cooper S 2002-2006 hardtop or convertible. MINI part number 63-12-0-144-132. These are chrome trimmed . They work with standard high beams. It includes removable plastic covers (covers are MINT condition)
These go for around $340 new, but you need to supply the wire, an on/off switch, and 6 bolts to mount them into your grille. So just a few basic supplys are needed. ( you could find at local hardware store)

I bought my 2004 mini cooper s 1 year ago and for some reason the bottom of the lights are rusting out. You can just replace the bolt with a new one and maybe buffer the outside? the black brackets are excellent condition. But I am going for the Black aero grille clean look so i no longer need these.

[ SOLD ] Thank you!!

Last edited by dustinhxc; 07-16-2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: price change.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Alpha Motoring
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Aero grill and keep those driving lights!

Last edited by Alpha Motoring; 07-06-2008 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:53 AM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Alpha Motoring
Aero grill and keep those driving lights!
hehe i do love the look in your picture!

Old 07-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Karateman
2nd Gear
So ur aware, the OEM Aero Grille is not a direct replacement fit for the lower grille that fits in the bumper. The upper grille u can do urself, but even those tiny nuts aren't easy to re-install.

You need the OEM Aero bumper if u want a direct no fuss install (judging by ur pics, u don't have the Aero bumper). Trust me I know cuz I just went thru it 2 months ago. I had to get a bodyshop to install the lower grille as the bumper needs removing and cutting , modifying the grille...not an easy project.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Karateman
So ur aware, the OEM Aero Grille is not a direct replacement fit for the lower grille that fits in the bumper. The upper grille u can do urself, but even those tiny nuts aren't easy to re-install.

You need the OEM Aero bumper if u want a direct no fuss install (judging by ur pics, u don't have the Aero bumper). Trust me I know cuz I just went thru it 2 months ago. I had to get a bodyshop to install the lower grille as the bumper needs removing and cutting , modifying the grille...not an easy project.
Hmmm... thats funny it took me about an hour and half to install my aero grille. Only needed a dremel to do some cutting. I didn't find it that difficult. Install an Double Din in a mini then we will talk about difficult haha.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Karateman
2nd Gear
I should have hired u to install in such case

Seriously, you must be good to do in 1.5 hrs. as everyone I spoke to said about 3 hrs. min. I took a look at the instructions and said no way! My lower grille is actually riveted to the bumper cause if u follow the instructions, it doesn't work well according to the body shop I had dealt with. This body shop works on hi end cars, so I trust the guy knows what he's doing.

The problem is the grille it self needs modding to fit as the clips are too long and too many of them. Some had to be snapped off and or trimmed down.

Anyway, my point is this OEM Aero Grille is not a plug and play or simple bolt-on install.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:05 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear

Seriously, you must be good to do in 1.5 hrs. as everyone I spoke to said about 3 hrs. min. I took a look at the instructions and said no way! My lower grille is actually riveted to the bumper cause if u follow the instructions, it doesn't work well according to the body shop I had dealt with. This body shop works on hi end cars, so I trust the guy knows what he's doing.

The problem is the grille it self needs modding to fit as the clips are too long and too many of them. Some had to be snapped off and or trimmed down.

Anyway, my point is this OEM Aero Grille is not a plug and play or simple bolt-on install.

Thank you for letting me know about this situation. I have read about it on here and plan on doing the upper myself and bringing the lower to a body shop that does a fair amount of custom body work to euros around here.
BUT as far as the top, do I just need to buy a couple new bolts to re-bolt the new grill on? Or is the stock bolts re usable? thank you

Old 07-06-2008, 08:55 PM
seigmann
3rd Gear

It took me forty-five minutes. It is NOT difficult

Old 07-06-2008, 09:05 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
Originally Posted by seigmann
It took me forty-five minutes. It is NOT difficult
Damn, thats quick! I wish you could help me with this!

Old 07-06-2008, 09:21 PM
xnotfunkylex
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dustin, if you do find a swap could I have your old stock grill. I would totally trade you my aero grill but it's kinda old and doesn't look that great. I do want a slat grill now though. Just let me know please.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:35 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
Originally Posted by xnotfunkylex
Dustin, if you do find a swap could I have your old stock grill. I would totally trade you my aero grill but it's kinda old and doesn't look that great. I do want a slat grill now though. Just let me know please.
Hey, what is all wrong with your aero grille? Maybe we could swap our grills? would it hurt the MINI to drive it without a grill till our grills arive? haha

Old 07-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dustinhxc
Hey, what is all wrong with your aero grille? Maybe we could swap our grills? would it hurt the MINI to drive it without a grill till our grills arive? haha
No it wouldn't hurt the mini to drive with out a grille. I drove a month without a grille on mine. Damn shipping!

Old 07-06-2008, 10:08 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jtrem
No it wouldn't hurt the mini to drive with out a grille. I drove a month without a grille on mine. Damn shipping!
oh really!??

Damn. Well i guess ill trade my grill straight up. or my oem driving lights towards a aero grill then.!!

Old 07-06-2008, 10:28 PM
xnotfunkylex
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it has a few broken tabs, it doesn't affect the fit at all though. Other than that its just a little faded from time. I'll take a few pics of it tomorrow and post them here for you.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:33 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
Originally Posted by xnotfunkylex
I think it has a few broken tabs, it doesn't affect the fit at all though. Other than that its just a little faded from time. I'll take a few pics of it tomorrow and post them here for you.
so without the few tabs it still holds by the bolts right? yeah im interested in pics! thank you.
My grill is in great condition except for a scratch in the paint on the left side were the driving light was, but im going to use my touchup paint on that spot tomorrow. but it looks like maybe youd repaint it yellow/white anyways?

Last edited by dustinhxc; 07-07-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:50 AM
Karateman
2nd Gear
do I just need to buy a couple new bolts to re-bolt the new grill on? Or is the stock bolts re usable? thank you
The existing nuts are re-useable for the upper grille. There's a tiny white plastic flat washer behind them. Use a flat screwdriver to pry behind the washer and a socket driver to remove the existing nut off. Again, they're alittle trickier to re-install.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:20 AM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
The existing nuts are re-useable for the upper grille. There's a tiny white plastic flat washer behind them. Use a flat screwdriver to pry behind the washer and a socket driver to remove the existing nut off. Again, they're alittle trickier to re-install.
Hey, thank you!

Old 07-07-2008, 12:59 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
BUMP. just painted the rock chips in my stock grill today.
willing to trade my stock grill for aero grill. or oem lights towards aero grill + cash. or oem lights for cash. Thank you.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:28 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
How do I change the title of this topic? I want it to say FS: OEM Driving Lights. instead of wtt for aero grill. thank you!

Old 07-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
How do I change the title of this topic? I want it to say FS: OEM Driving Lights. instead of wtt for aero grill. thank you!
Contact Gnatster or one of the other marketplace Moderators.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:11 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
EDIT: Grill trade in progress.
So now I have the lights forsale no trade.
Thank you.!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:25 AM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
bumpppp

Old 07-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Xymox
5th Gear
Wiring harness included?

Old 07-15-2008, 12:12 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
sorry no wiring harness or switch. i kept mine hooked up incase i need to reinstall lights in the near future.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:48 AM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
[ SOLD ]

Thank you!! ;]