Bob Smith BMW - Warranty Work

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Bob Smith BMW - Warranty Work

Tomorrow I have an appointment to have my passenger seat looked at. This weekend, I set it all the way back to load something in Jerome. Once I got home I tried to set back and it will either fold all the way front or lock in the last position.

I went in Sat to see if they could look at it but they were all booked up. So I have to wait until tomorrow. They won't give me a loaner because I didn't buy from them. yet, I've had my first oil service with them and was planning on taking Jerome there for it's first service. (I ordered my car while I was living up north and moved here before it was delievred to East Bay BMW)

Anyone have a any experience with Bob Smith?

If they can't fix my seat, will they order me a new one but let me take my car with me? Do you think I can get a loaner when they go to put it in? I mean, they are getting billable hours on the repairs or work that's being done..

Any ideas?

Old 07-09-2007, 01:52 PM
trackster
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Keysersozeh
Tomorrow I have an appointment to have my passenger seat looked at. This weekend, I set it all the way back to load something in Jerome. Once I got home I tried to set back and it will either fold all the way front or lock in the last position.

I went in Sat to see if they could look at it but they were all booked up. So I have to wait until tomorrow. They won't give me a loaner because I didn't buy from them. yet, I've had my first oil service with them and was planning on taking Jerome there for it's first service. (I ordered my car while I was living up north and moved here before it was delievred to East Bay BMW)

Anyone have a any experience with Bob Smith?

If they can't fix my seat, will they order me a new one but let me take my car with me? Do you think I can get a loaner when they go to put it in? I mean, they are getting billable hours on the repairs or work that's being done..

Any ideas?
They should have no problem fixing the seat. If you need a second opinion Universal Mini is not that much further away.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
I was thinking about exploring my options depending on what they say. The MA at BS was friendly when I went there for my Oil Change, but she wasn't there on Sat when I stopped in.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Minut
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are good there, but they will not give you a loaner unless you bought there.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:02 PM
goaljnky
Banned
I get both my cars serviced at Bob Smith. Marney is a real nice girl. Drive a Mini and is quiet enthusiastic about. They are also mod friendly (within reason), or so has been my experience.

As far as loaners go, I think all BMW/Mini dealers are the same: only if you bought the car through them.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
Originally Posted by goaljnky
I get both my cars serviced at Bob Smith. Marney is a real nice girl. Drive a Mini and is quiet enthusiastic about. They are also mod friendly (within reason), or so has been my experience.

As far as loaners go, I think all BMW/Mini dealers are the same: only if you bought the car through them.
Marney is my MA or my adopted one since I haved moved. She was a blast to work with the last time I was there. She made an excellent stand in for MA from Easy Bay. (Certainly more attractive )

Old 07-13-2007, 01:32 PM
victoriabb
1st Gear
It's an easy fix, you need to punch the seat. No seriously. The dealership can fix it in 3 minutes. Bring it by MINI of Universal while the service techs are here.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:37 PM
victoriabb
1st Gear
Hey, I spoke to the service tech today, and here's how you fix your seat:
Pull up on the inside seat adjustment and with your knee on the seat bottom, throw your weight into the seat back. You should hear a pop (perfectly normal) and you'll know that it's working again.
Make sure there is no one sitting in the back seat or you will hit them with the headrest

Old 07-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
Originally Posted by victoriabb
Hey, I spoke to the service tech today, and here's how you fix your seat:
Pull up on the inside seat adjustment and with your knee on the seat bottom, throw your weight into the seat back. You should hear a pop (perfectly normal) and you'll know that it's working again.
Make sure there is no one sitting in the back seat or you will hit them with the headrest
I took it in on tues. They said something about doing a 'flash' on it? I guess there was a service notice about it. I was kinda confused on what they were telling me, but it was working and I needed to get back to work. If I come across this again, I will remember that.

Thank You for your help though. I'll definitely make my way out to Universal next time. I appreciate it.