1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi from semi newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:20 AM
emtrey
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi from semi newbie

Mini owner since 04---CR/white CVT "Babs" according to my wife.
36, 000 miles of happy motoring but CVT and non-S car was a compromise I accepted just to get a MINI into our mix. ( compromise is a bit unfair/selfish since I have a sports car with a 6 speed ) Always longed for more power though I knew a stick shift was not happening because my wife just does not enjoy it even though she can drive stick. She loves BABS...so we share her.

I had driven the R 53 Cooper S with auto when they became available but it did not knock my socks off enough to take the financial hit. This fall I did my usual test drive the new model visit to the dealer and was blown away by the new car with stick shift. A friend of mine was ordering one so I was obligated for the test drive to "help"

Told my MA to call me when he had an auto demo. Did that 2 weeks later and fell in love. Threw out a few test balloons to see if I had a shot..not
looking good...YOU ARE NOT SELLING MY CAR and how about that little hot rod you just bought--isn't that enough ? (Said Bab's Mom)

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. We are coming home from dinner out with friends and I quietly ask--How about we get a new MINI? No respsonse.
The she goes--are you serious? I thought you loved this car. I do but I want more power and the seats in this car are killing my back. ( when we bought it I used it occasionally. Now I drive it to work alot and over distance it really is not comfy. If you think we can afford it---go ahead. And then she nicely asks---How long have you been waiting for the right moment to ask me about this? She is the best wife in the world in the except for the fact that she reads minds...LOL

Borrowed an auto S for a day and drove it doing my normal routine. Even drove to work on a day I was off to run the same route. IT WAS A DONE DEAL---way better car much better fit for me. She does admit the new car has some nice touches she prefers. Seat back release at top, better seats, better ride and the bluethooth so I won't drive into a tree yapping on the phone.

ORDER PLACED FOR WEEK #24 (MAYBE 23) .

MCS/A -- CR/WHITE TOP/MIRRORS (they will change out mirror caps)
Prem, sport w/ 17 inch web spokes, convenience, cold weather packages
Black lounge leather, cream colorline, wood dash, chrome line int and ext,
rear fogs-- aka/ BABS the Sequel.

Ps...my friend ordered his too. Same as mine except stick shift, LSD and dark silver w/ black top and mirrors. Anyone looking for a spotless O4 CVT , mine in perfect except for some minor stone chips in the nose.

Now the WAIT......

Old 05-27-2007, 01:28 PM
ARTSJCW
6th Gear
Congratulations!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Marlow Main
6th Gear
Congratulations on your soon to be new MINI !!! The waiting is the Hardest part!!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 06:50 PM
dix
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM and congrats on the Mini. Where in the midwest are you located? I'm in Missouri.