1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Month Old

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 08:59 PM
artsmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Month Old

Hello, My '07 MCS is one month old today! No major problems, just some rattles. A BLAST to drive!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:22 PM
dix
6th Gear
Hi, welcome to NAM. It sounds like a nice color combo. Post some pictures when you can. We love pics here at NAM.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:58 AM
4xAAA
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM. I am sure looking forward to ours being 1 month old. Heck, I am looking forward to being 1 hour old.
Still waiting!
Smile for miles and throw us a pic sooner than later!

Old 05-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My MINI is a month old and here is my report: Issues/Problems: My voice command was not operating when I got the car. A software upgrade fixed that. The speakers of the HIFI are not worthy as an upgrade. They aren't terrible. In fact, sometimes they sound great. But, overall, they are less than what I expected. They will be replaced. Other than that, the car is great. I had an 04. Overall, I prefer the styling of the R53's interior to the R56's. However, I think the quality and enhancements of the R56 interior is superior to the R53's. Reaching the seatbelts once seated can be a pain (which was probably the case in the R53, too, but I don't specifically remember. I installed seatbelt extenders (which I got from both MINI Mania and Minspeed - they are identical). They are a big help. I recommend getting them. However, there is a weak point: When my daughter was getting out of the back, the clip got caught in her hair and she broke one of the plastic hinge clips. If you get the extender, I recommend detaching the belt from it (easy) if someone is going to get in/out of the back seat.

Compared to the R53, the ride is less harsh, but definitely still "gocart." Power and quickness are fantastic. Virtually no turbo lag. The sport button significantly thightens up steering and throttle response. But, the car is no slouch in the non-sport mode. In fact, I usually do not drive in the sport mode, unless I am on the twisties. The navigation system is the best OEM unit I have had. Unlike others I have used, it is fullu functional while moving. Once the contols were learned, it is also the easiest to use. The audio screen could have been more impressive, given the size of the screen, but I rarely keep it in the audio mode. The ambient lighting is nice, but could have been executed better (i.e. more noticeable). The dual pop-up sunroof panels are great and noise-free. The xenons are powerful and properly aimed. The auto-on headlights are perhaps a bit too sensetive, but that's better than not sensetive enough. (The ones on my Expedition and Benz's allowed it to get too dark before activating). The 6 speed trans shifts smoothly and easily. 6th gear is a tad too close to the passenger seat, though. The center arm rest is a week point. It is flimsy, it is easy to slide open by accident and the tiny storage "bin" can't even hold a map or small paper pad. In fact, it's a tight fit for many cellphones (which could be an issue if you don't have bluetooth). The hidden compartment is cool and convenient. The rain-sensing wipers are great. I also like the fact that hitting the fog light switch automatically turns on the headlights/tail lights. The cloth/leather seats are the perfect combination of support, comfort and appearance. The 3 position seat heaters are quick, versitile and effective. The exhaust doesn't "burble" but it does have a nice sound. The auto climate control works very well, although the rear does suffer from the greenhouse effect. So, in sum, it's a great and much improved car.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:07 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LynnEl, both sunroofs open up? Cool .

Old 05-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
LynnEl, both sunroofs open up? Cool .
They both pop up in vent mode. But only the front slides open (which closes the rear one.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:05 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LynnEl
They both pop up in vent mode. But only the front slides open (which closes the rear one.
Have you seen the Saturn Auras sunroof? It has about 6-7 panels that all fold up, kinda cool, but wonder how long before it leaks?

Old 05-31-2007, 05:56 PM
twings
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LynnEl
My MINI is a month old and here is my report: Issues/Problems: My voice command was not operating when I got the car. A software upgrade fixed that.
Hi, LynnEl, I'm mostly a silent participater in NAM, but I picked up my NFR yesterday!!!! Unfortunately, my voice command is not working....icon won't even light up. I assume you had to go to the dealer for the upgrade? I am 130 miles from the dealer and not happy that they didn't check this out. Thanks for all your comments.....