1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just joined from Orlando!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007 | 09:37 AM
carguy101
|
1st Gear
Just joined from Orlando!!

I supose ive caught the Mini bug and now I'm hooked. Now I'm lookin to get a MCS DS/B. Just wondering how to differenciate the different packages like the wheels on a E36 sport are different than those on a regular, or the premium pacages and so on..... sorry if there is a thread already couldnt get search to work on my computer for some reason (just got it and still tryin to figure all my settings) What are ya'll payin for insurance (it matters cus I'm 18 with a clean record) I was lookn at the different aftermarket things and wha seems to be the best mod for autoX as well

Thanks In Advance
Jeff

Old 06-01-2007 | 10:37 AM
moodylewdd
5th Gear
Hi Jeff. First off isnt the e36 a BMW? Forgive me if Im wrong, but I think the first gen Mini Coopers are R50, the Cooper S' are R53, and the new 2nd gen are R56. There are a million different configurations as well as options. You can search for days and days on the Internet and never see it all. If you go on Mini.com you can "build your own" with exactly any color combo, and factory offered option avaliable. If your looking for a used one, you can find about 100 of them on eBay at any given time, also in a huge assortment of options and colors. Local papers, as well as dealers can also hook you up. The packages are pretty much explained on Mini.com, and show you what is contained within said packages. As far as insurance goes...for an 18 year old male...just glad I dont have to pay what your going to pay. I am a 39 year old female with a clean record, a commercial drivers license with a defensive driving course (which may lower your rates), and my rates are still pretty high. My insurance company accidentally quoted me for a BMW Z3 convert. and it turns out the Mini cost more. You may want to search some on the Internet, entering your hypothetical car into the mix, or even call around for a quote first. The insurance cost is what is keeping my 16 year old son at the wheel of his ugly-mobile for a while (1970 Dodge Truck....uuuuugggglllllllllyyyyyyyyyy)! Anyway, I hope this helps, and good luck to you! Dani

Old 06-01-2007 | 01:00 PM
carguy101
|
1st Gear
Thanks Dani it does help, yeah sorry the E36 is a BMW (92-98, 99 M3) and right now i have 98 Exploder but doing the progressive online quote was cheaper by like $1000 a year for the Mini so I was wondering is this common? Just diddn't quite make since to me.... thats like right now I have state farm and pay like $1500-1600 a year but thats with honor student, good record and parents good record, drivers ed etc... I would be deffinately looking at a R53

Last edited by carguy101; 06-01-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2007 | 01:46 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
My insurance company accidentally quoted me for a BMW Z3 convert. and it turns out the Mini cost more. You may want to search some on the Internet, entering your hypothetical car into the mix, or even call around for a quote first. The insurance cost is what is keeping my 16 year old son at the wheel of his ugly-mobile for a while (1970 Dodge Truck....uuuuugggglllllllllyyyyyyyyyy)! Anyway, I hope this helps, and good luck to you! Dani[/quote]

We are paying more for my Mini than my wifes BMW Z4 convert. .

Old 06-01-2007 | 02:02 PM
bean
5th Gear
welcome: good luck in your search for the right MINI. also introduce yourself to: http://www.sunshineminis.org/

Old 06-01-2007 | 07:40 PM
moodylewdd
5th Gear
Insurance is awefully expensive, but sure comes in handy if you need it. What I want to know is why the minis cost more to insure. When I think of "Z" anything, I think $$$ all the way around. Doesnt make much sense. As far as the Exploder goes, maybe its all the problems they had several years ago, with the accidents and all?

Old 06-01-2007 | 08:40 PM
4xAAA
6th Gear
Might want to rethink the black roof in Fla. You can drive like your hair is on fire right u until you smell the smoke. Burning hair stinks!
Welcome to NAM. Smile for miles

Old 06-01-2007 | 08:51 PM
billie_morini
5th Gear
oRland!
Pass the gator jerky and share some cooter stew

Old 06-01-2007 | 10:16 PM
carguy101
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by billie_morini
oRland!
Pass the gator jerky and share some cooter stew

hey! gator is really good tastes just like a tough chicken but cajun style is the best

Old 06-01-2007 | 10:20 PM
carguy101
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 4xAAA
Might want to rethink the black roof in Fla. You can drive like your hair is on fire right u until you smell the smoke. Burning hair stinks!
Welcome to NAM. Smile for miles
well, I had a black MGB last year and there was no A/C won't lie it was hot as heck sittin still but once movin it wasn't too bad have had black cars before it's not all that bad but the white looks good too but if i was to go that route EB is an A+ for me

Old 06-02-2007 | 10:10 PM
moodylewdd
5th Gear
Electric Blue rules!!! I dont know if it is avaliable anymore though.

Old 06-02-2007 | 10:35 PM
dix
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM.

Old 06-02-2007 | 11:10 PM
billie_morini
5th Gear
hey carguy,
does O-town still have the Solar Bears ice hockey team?

Old 06-03-2007 | 12:07 PM
carguy101
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by billie_morini
hey carguy,
does O-town still have the Solar Bears ice hockey team?
Shades was the best

No I soo wish it did I used to go all the time, and my mom taught Hubie McDonough's kids so we went alot but they either pulled out of the league or the league was cancelled cus we won it like the last 3 out of 4 or 5 seasons or somethin crazy. It's been wow, maybee 6-7 years? Then a team called the Orlando Seals came to be in a smaller league and they were in Kissimmee then changed to Florida Seals and this year the owner just walked away from it in the middle of the season, to my understanding. I wish there was more interest in hockey down here but there isn't any advertisingor ne thin to promote it. Now we have to go to Tampa to see the Lightning play but the tickets are so expensive now

Old 06-03-2007 | 12:25 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
My full coverage insurance through Nationwide on Schultze is only $480/year with a $500 deductible.

Various factors affect insurance rates:

Driving record
Credit report
Accredited driving courses (Defensive, track, commercial, etc.)
Make/model of vehicle
Old 06-03-2007 | 12:29 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by carguy101
Shades was the best

No I soo wish it did I used to go all the time, and my mom taught Hubie McDonough's kids so we went alot but they either pulled out of the league or the league was cancelled cus we won it like the last 3 out of 4 or 5 seasons or somethin crazy. It's been wow, maybee 6-7 years? Then a team called the Orlando Seals came to be in a smaller league and they were in Kissimmee then changed to Florida Seals and this year the owner just walked away from it in the middle of the season, to my understanding. I wish there was more interest in hockey down here but there isn't any advertisingor ne thin to promote it. Now we have to go to Tampa to see the Lightning play but the tickets are so expensive now
Our local hockey team, Norfolk Admirals, is the feeder team for the Lightning, starting next season. LOVE watching the games in person!

Old 06-03-2007 | 12:33 PM
carguy101
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Uber Blu
My full coverage insurance through Nationwide on Schultze is only $480/year with a $500 deductible.

Driving record
Credit report
Make/model of vehicle
wow thats cheap but where are you and how long have you been drivin and have you takin these courses and im assuming you have a clean record as well?

Old 06-03-2007 | 12:46 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by carguy101
wow thats cheap but where are you and how long have you been drivin and have you takin these courses and im assuming you have a clean record as well?
Driving record clean*
Credit report excellent (800+ FICO)
Age 40
Length of time as licensed driver since 1985
Accredited driving courses (Defensive, track, commercial, etc.) defensive
Make/model of vehicle '06 MC
Location Hampton Roads, VA

Yes, I've had a few speeding tickets (none for 3 years) and any accidents that I've been in were the fault of the other driver: cited driver hit another driver's car which then headed in my direction, etc.

Old 06-03-2007 | 03:22 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by Uber Blu

Driving record
Credit report
Make/model of vehicle
My wife works for Nationwide Ins. We pay that every 6 months? You sure that is for a year? She said it makes a big difference on where you live also. We live in the highest theft rate area in the US, central Cal.

Old 06-03-2007 | 04:54 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
My wife works for Nationwide Ins. We pay that every 6 months? You sure that is for a year? She said it makes a big difference on where you live also. We live in the highest theft rate area in the US, central Cal.
Yup, I'm certain--I got the information from my Personal Auto Policy Declarations sheet.

Old 06-03-2007 | 05:02 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
We've been with Nationwide since the 80s; we also have our homeowners' insurance through Nationwide. Our rate was a bit higher until we removed the rental, towing & labor riders and had it changed from BMW to MINI. Free towing from MINIUSA and free loaner from the dealer, so it wasn't needed for the MINI.

Old 06-03-2007 | 10:26 PM
carguy101
|
1st Gear
Thanks for the info!

Jeff

Old 06-04-2007 | 11:42 PM
moodylewdd
5th Gear
Wow, thats cheap. Maybe I need to get hold of my local Nationwide guy here. He offered to trade a painting or two for my premium, as well as our truck. Mmmmmm......Farm Bureau has got me at just shy of 700.00 a year for full coverage on my 02 MCS.

Old 06-04-2007 | 11:59 PM
carguy101
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by moodylewdd
Wow, thats cheap. Maybe I need to get hold of my local Nationwide guy here. He offered to trade a painting or two for my premium, as well as our truck. Mmmmmm......Farm Bureau has got me at just shy of 700.00 a year for full coverage on my 02 MCS.
a painting? now they can barter how does that work....

Old 06-12-2007 | 03:51 PM
moodylewdd
5th Gear
I dont know, but as broke as I am right now, the idea seems to be growing on me. The guy is new at selling insurance, he used to be a local sports broadcaster, now he's looking to decorate his new office with original work. Actually, its not that unusual. I traded three of my paintings to an orthopedic surgeon for the balance owed after insurance, when my husband had to have his knee rebuilt. Beats the hell out of making payments to your doctor!

Quick Reply: Just joined from Orlando!!