1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 31 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:04 AM
tntmoore
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

This is my first post! I ordered "Marvin" on 7/14 @ Rasmussen Mini in Portland OR. I live in WA, but the wait here is 7 to 10 months!! I called Mini today and was told I will be in production week 31!! Let the games begin!! The wait is part of the fun isn't it?

Old 07-24-2007, 11:35 AM
tntmoore
1st Gear
I do have a question for everyone - when were you told you would take delivery? It seems to be quite the spread. I was told mid-october. But if I'm in week 31, I would think it would be sooner?

Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
johne123
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
week 31 here too

If the factory is closed this week and next, it's likely due to all the flooding in that area of England right now. While their may be no flooding in the building, perhaps many people can't get to work, or get parts delivered, etc.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:58 PM
FugitiveAI
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tntmoore
I do have a question for everyone - when were you told you would take delivery? It seems to be quite the spread. I was told mid-october. But if I'm in week 31, I would think it would be sooner?
I was told the car leaves at the end of week 31 by boat, takes three weeks to arrive at port, then travels by ground transportation one to two weeks to the dealer since I'm on the west coast. I'm trying to keep October in mind so I am not disappointed with the inevitable delays that will happen along the way.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:14 PM
MiffyinDC
1st Gear
Hello everyone,

I was told by my MA (in Sterling, VA) that I am in Production Week 31 (starting July 29), but my MA had told me the Mini would probably go into production during Week 30 (which is this week, now, starting July 22)--though it looks like that's not the case. I called ASK-Mini yesterday and learned that I am scheduled for production in Week 31.

I ordered my Mini on July 14 and the dealer said it would take 4-6 weeks to delivery. A different area dealer (Tate, in MD) said 6-8 weeks, while another (Towson, MD) said 6 weeks. We'll see... I am glad to know I am not the only one going through this agony. It may be a tad easier for me, though, as I'm now living in London, England, soon to relocate to Washington, DC, so I'd be forced to wait for at least part of the time anyway.

I was hoping to go to Oxford today, actually, for their plant tour, which sounds fantastic, except that my Mini isn't in production yet. Believe it or not, even though I only live about an hour or so away, the first I heard of the flooding in that area was in this forum. I hope the damage--to the region, and of course to Mini--is not so severe as it seems in the press.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:20 PM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Originally Posted by FugitiveAI
I was told the car leaves at the end of week 31 by boat, takes three weeks to arrive at port, then travels by ground transportation one to two weeks to the dealer since I'm on the west coast. I'm trying to keep October in mind so I am not disappointed with the inevitable delays that will happen along the way.
Actually, they generally leave Southampton early the following week after they are completed. There is one ship per week that goes to Port Hueneme. It had been leaving on Mondays but the past couple of weeks it has been on Tuesdays and this weeks ship (for the week 29 folks) is actually pushed back until Thursday, it was originally scheduled to leave today. Your Mini needs to be at the port in Southampton approximately 3-4 days before the ship is scheduled to depart.

It is roughly a 21 day voyage to Port Hueneme plus possible delays through the Panama Canal due to maintenance on the Canal.

Then anywhere from 3-10 days at the VDC, depending on how backlogged they are and what options if any will be installed on your Mini there. Then the trucking time to the dealer.

I know some of the previous support weeks threads can be quite lengthy to read through, but if you have the time, you'll find answers to the majority of your questions since we are further along in the process and have already asked and answered the same questions.

If you are on the West Coast, you can expect your Mini to ship out the week of Aug 5th. Your Mini's should be completed the 31st week which is next week.

The Northern California people in my week are expecting that their Minis will make it to the dealer by then end of this month. Our ship just made it to Port Hueneme early this morning. I'm hoping to be able to take delivery in 10-14 days. But then I'll have a longer truck ride than they will. that helps with some of your timing questions.

I hope that helps!!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:24 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by MiffyinDC
Hello everyone,

I was told by my MA (in Sterling, VA) that I am in Production Week 31 (starting July 29), but my MA had told me the Mini would probably go into production during Week 30 (which is this week, now, starting July 22)--though it looks like that's not the case. I called ASK-Mini yesterday and learned that I am scheduled for production in Week 31.

I ordered my Mini on July 14 and the dealer said it would take 4-6 weeks to delivery. A different area dealer (Tate, in MD) said 6-8 weeks, while another (Towson, MD) said 6 weeks. We'll see... I am glad to know I am not the only one going through this agony. It may be a tad easier for me, though, as I'm now living in London, England, soon to relocate to Washington, DC, so I'd be forced to wait for at least part of the time anyway.

I was hoping to go to Oxford today, actually, for their plant tour, which sounds fantastic, except that my Mini isn't in production yet. Believe it or not, even though I only live about an hour or so away, the first I heard of the flooding in that area was in this forum. I hope the damage--to the region, and of course to Mini--is not so severe as it seems in the press.
Yes, each dealer is allowed so many production "slots" per month. The number of slots can very greatly between dealers as well as any waiting lists that they might have. The MA at each dealership can usually give your a real close estimation as to when it should be able to take delivery, they know how many slots they have, and they know their current waiting list (if any).

You folks on the East Coast are able to get yours much quicker than those of us on the West Coast. I'll be right at about 3 months from the time I ordered until the time I take delivery. Which is fairly average for this area.

Have a great night! The waiting is never easy....

Old 07-26-2007, 06:44 AM
roverlandpark
2nd Gear
Finally

We ordered our MINI on 7/16 and just got an update on its status. We originally thought we would be completed in Week 30, but it looks as if it started in Week 30 and will be completed in Week 31 on 7/31.

Assuming it leaves the next week, how long does it take to cross the Atlantic and get to the Midwest? live in the Kansas City area, so I figure it would be comparable to Chicago or St. Louis? Any thoughts?

Old 07-26-2007, 06:55 AM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by roverlandpark
We ordered our MINI on 7/16 and just got an update on its status. We originally thought we would be completed in Week 30, but it looks as if it started in Week 30 and will be completed in Week 31 on 7/31.

Assuming it leaves the next week, how long does it take to cross the Atlantic and get to the Midwest? live in the Kansas City area, so I figure it would be comparable to Chicago or St. Louis? Any thoughts?
Depending on the order that the ship stops at the ports along the East Coast, the shipping time should be 9-12 days or so, then add in anywhere from 3-10 days at the VDC and trucking time or perhaps 3-4 days. So, once the ship leaves Southampton, I'd expect somewhere around 3 weeks, give or take a few days.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:46 AM
smaine
1st Gear
My baby's in production!

I just got off the phone with ASK MINI and got some great news -- my car went into production yesterday is targeted for a 7/31 completion date. Looks like I got it at the beginning of Week 31 rather than the end

I was dealing pretty well with the wait but this changes everything

Old 07-26-2007, 03:09 PM
bseiden
1st Gear
Started Production...

hey fellow wk31ers, looks like our MINI has begun the creation process and is scheduled to finish aug 2nd, next thursday. Any others making the trip through panama canal?

Old 07-26-2007, 03:58 PM
MiffyinDC
1st Gear
New news here, too! My MA called to say that my Mini went into production today, and he expects it to arrive in DC in 3 to 4 weeks. I hope that he isn't being too optimistic--I'll be counting the days, hours, minutes!

By the way, the status hasn't been updated on the "track your Mini" part of the website yet, so it still reads "on order."

Let's cross our fingers that the plant is in fine form this week!

Old 07-26-2007, 06:51 PM
FugitiveAI
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I'm hearing is great news!!! we're getting close!

Old 07-26-2007, 11:42 PM
smaine
1st Gear
Southampton in Virtual Earth

Virtual Earth has some great arial shots of the Southampton port -- there's even a WW ship (the Turandot) moored at the dock waiting to load. Tons of MINI's all around awaiting their journey -- looks like the parking garage in the center of the pic is full of them. There's a good variety of roof colors visibile, but a lot more white roofs than I would expect. Here's the link:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v...3900&encType=1

If you zoom all the way in on the parking garage, you can very clearly see a Mellow Yellow car with a black roof -- I'm going to pretend that one is mine

Old 07-29-2007, 07:43 PM
aem421
4th Gear
Great News! I checked the OL and I'm now in the 'Scheduled for Production' status

I even got a VIN number! Woo Hoo!

Old 07-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by smaine
Virtual Earth has some great arial shots of the Southampton port -- there's even a WW ship (the Turandot) moored at the dock waiting to load. Tons of MINI's all around awaiting their journey -- looks like the parking garage in the center of the pic is full of them. There's a good variety of roof colors visibile, but a lot more white roofs than I would expect. Here's the link:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v...3900&encType=1

If you zoom all the way in on the parking garage, you can very clearly see a Mellow Yellow car with a black roof -- I'm going to pretend that one is mine
Wow, door ding heaven there. Another reason I'll be going over every inch of my car before I take delivery.

Last edited by Minidrivr; 07-29-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:06 PM
tntmoore
1st Gear
Thanks SMaine for the link! Great pics! I, too, checked the mini website and Marvin has gone from "On Order" to "scheduled for production". You gotta love progress.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:30 AM
bseiden
1st Gear
how can you find your VIN number on the OL?

Old 07-31-2007, 08:38 AM
roverlandpark
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bseiden
how can you find your VIN number on the OL?
Once you're in the Owner's Lounge, look for the link text that reads "Where's Your Baby?" and click on the text that reads "Track Your Mini". After you get the animated intro, you'll be able to see the status of your Mini. On the left is a set of links in a gray box. At the bottom of the Gray Box there is a link for "Review Order Detail." Click on this link. In the main area of the screen will be you production info. You Production Number should be listed, followed by your VIN. I believe that this is usually available just before the car is built.

Hope this helps...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:38 AM
roverlandpark
2nd Gear
Woo Hoo! Our MINI has been released to carrier as of today! So I guess it's setting sail next week!

Old 07-31-2007, 01:54 PM
MiffyinDC
1st Gear
Advanced to Body Shop

The latest on the Miffy Mobile is that as of today (7/31) it is in the body shop. Is anyone else also in the body shop? Does anyone know how long it should take from here to completion, and what the order of production is (ie, is the body shop at the beginning of the process, or close to the end?)

I'm hoping to visit the Oxford plant either tomorrow or Friday this week. I am moving from London to the States on Sunday,and really hope I can squeeze in the trip!

Old 07-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Lateral G
2nd Gear
my mini in the queue

I wavered on the color before placing the order. And lately I've been wavering a bit more. My build date is estimated to be August 2, so the die will be cast soon.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:30 AM
MPIIIMan
2nd Gear
Hello week 31'ers. I'm with the rest of you.

I was told by ASK-MINI that my car was done being assembled yesterday (8-1).

Just waiting on it to get on the ship and sail the sea.

Lets hope we have no delays.

2007 MCSa - PW/B
Premium + Sport Package
Fluid Silver
Hi-Fi Audio
17" Web Spoke
Anti-Theft Alarm

Old 08-02-2007, 08:43 AM
aem421
4th Gear
^^ Lucky...mine's in the paint booth as of today when I called ASK MINI. Hopefully it will be done by tomorrow. Maybe we'll be on the same ship

Old 08-02-2007, 09:39 AM
MiffyinDC
1st Gear
Hi MPIIIMan, aem421, Lateral G and the rest of the Week 31 gang,

I heard this morning (London time) that mine's "being transported to the port of exit"! Does anyone know how to figure out which boat it might get put on?

Quick Reply: R56 Production Week 31 Support Group