1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 31 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:44 AM
bseiden
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MiffyinDC
Hi MPIIIMan, aem421, Lateral G and the rest of the Week 31 gang,

I heard this morning (London time) that mine's "being transported to the port of exit"! Does anyone know how to figure out which boat it might get put on?
I was just going to ask the same question... maybe someone who has done this before because I have no clue

Old 08-02-2007, 09:54 AM
aem421
4th Gear
The guy at ASK MINI told me that once the car is done, they have no way of tracking it after that. He said to call my MA and that he/she should be able to tell me more.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:57 AM
MiffyinDC
1st Gear
Thanks, aem421. Let's hope our MAs are eager to share information with us as it becomes available.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
symphosomatic
2nd Gear
I'm a week 31er as well.
My MA just told me that I should expect my car in 3 weeks time.
This spoiled-kid can't stand the wait

Adam

Old 08-02-2007, 10:50 AM
smaine
1st Gear
According to ASKMINI, my car passed quality inspection and left the factory on its way to Southampton yesterday morning. The OL still shows it as "scheduled for production" but that is known to lag behind reality for a couple days.

The WW auto tracking site is at http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto -- you can paste your VIN number in the search box get details about the voyage you're booked on. Allegedly this takes between 24-48 hours to update after the car leaves the factory, creating the black hole which I'm currently in.

The WW schedule shows that the next ship leaving Southampton for Port Hueneme (West Coast) is the TAGUS, leaving on 8/8. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to get on that one, otherwise I have to wait till the 20th.

Now if WW would just update their dang systems so I can find out which voyage I'm actually on, I'll be a happy guy.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:52 PM
MiffyinDC
1st Gear
smaine, Thanks a lot for that link to the WW auto tracking site. Mine's in the black hole like yours, but I'm waiting on a boat to New York (I guess, since I'll be taking delivery in VA). Good luck getting on the 8/8 TAGUS!

Old 08-03-2007, 04:35 AM
MiffyinDC
1st Gear
Hi all,

The Miffy Mobile's been booked for the Liberty, departing Southhampton tomorrow, the 4th, with an arrival date of the 13th in New York. Anyone traveling on the same boat? smaine, have you gotten out of the black hole, too? I hope so!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:33 AM
stjoehawk
1st Gear
Hi all,

The Miffy Mobile's been booked for the Liberty, departing Southhampton tomorrow, the 4th, with an arrival date of the 13th in New York. Anyone traveling on the same boat? smaine, have you gotten out of the black hole, too? I hope so!
My car is on there as well. Gotta love having the car competed on August 2nd and leaving the port on August 4th. Nice timing.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:43 AM
MPIIIMan
2nd Gear
I'm still listed on the OL as scheduled for production.
ASKMINI said my car was done on Aug 1st.
Entered my VIN on WW site, but nothing was found.

Hopefully I'll be on the Liberty

Old 08-03-2007, 10:09 AM
smaine
1st Gear
Hey Miffy -- glad to hear you got on a boat I'm jealous of you east coasters with the shorter trip. I think you will be motoring a couple weeks before I will.

Sadly I still don't exist as far as WW is concerned. Patience, patience, patience...

Old 08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Spooky_Fish
1st Gear
Hiya.

I'm booked on the Liberty too. I was week 30 I believe. Mini completed on Sunday. Taking delivery in New York. S/BRG/B

Here is the Liberty's itinerary with arrive and depart dates:

SOUTHAMPTON UK 04/08/2007 04/08/2007
NEW YORK, NY U.S.A. 13/08/2007 14/08/2007
BALTIMORE, MD U.S.A. 15/08/2007 16/08/2007
CHARLESTON,SC U.S.A. 18/08/2007 19/08/2007
BRUNSWICK, GA U.S.A. 20/08/2007 20/08/2007

Cheers shipmates!

Old 08-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Mini2na
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just joining the thread, but have long been experiencing the waiting. Ask-Mini says it is awaiting pickup by the carrier. It has not appeared on the WW site.

Please send your positive thoughts to have it make the 8/8 boat to the west coast!

Old 08-03-2007, 02:25 PM
FugitiveAI
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mini2na
Just joining the thread, but have long been experiencing the waiting. Ask-Mini says it is awaiting pickup by the carrier. It has not appeared on the WW site.

Please send your positive thoughts to have it make the 8/8 boat to the west coast!
my positive thoughts (and my mini I hope makes it on that boat) are with you!

Old 08-03-2007, 07:18 PM
juanjob
1st Gear
Im on the Liberty as well

I am week 30 and booked on the Liberty. I am taking delivery in South FLorida

DS/White
Sport, Convenience, Premium, Nav, LSD White Turn, Rear Fog, Anthracite, 6 Speed, Ipod

Old 08-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
Yep, Scoop was in Production week 31, and she went from the paint shop on Thursday to being on her way to the docks yesterday. 866-Ask-Mini said she would be on a ship probably by the middle of this coming week, then on to California. Maybe 6 more weeks??? Aaaargh! :impatient

Old 08-04-2007, 11:40 AM
roverlandpark
2nd Gear
Whoo Hoo! Our Mini was loaded on to the Liberty today at 3:56 PM local time. Destination: Charleston, on August 18th. Just two more weeks before it's stateside

Old 08-04-2007, 12:52 PM
MiffyinDC
1st Gear
Dear all,

I am beside myself with grief--it looks like my Mini didn't make it onto the Liberty today as scheduled. Still reads "received at terminal" where other vins read "loaded on vessel," and the boat has already departed the port. Does anyone know if the information on WW is water-tight reliable and whether I should give up hope completely that my Mini may have made it on after all?

Old 08-04-2007, 01:17 PM
MPIIIMan
2nd Gear
Well looks like mine missed the boat.
ASKMINI has said since Aug 1st that it's waiting to be released to the carrier.
And still no info on WW site when I enter my VIN.
Looks like I'll be catching the boat next Tuesday.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:23 PM
FugitiveAI
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MPIIIMan
I think we're all in the same... boat. =]

I'm getting ants in my pants!

Old 08-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by FugitiveAI
On second thought, I am VERY ANXIOUS. I'm almost chewing the corners off the ceiling tiles in my office right now. I've contemplating working part time selling MINI's. I catch myself almost selling the car to everyone when I mention I have one on order. I read in the news today that there is major flooding around Oxford, England and my first thought was, "is this going to push back my MINI's shipment?" I had to squash that thought, I felt pretty awful and selfish afterwards. I can wait , and I hope everyone is ok over there.
I know how you feel!! The kids in my neighborhood are driving their parents nuts by screaming "There's a MINI" whenever they drive by one, and I don't even have her yet!

I'm in So Cal, and was on my way to the docks yesterday. Do you have any idea if we're traveling on the easy-to-track Wilhelm Wallensius boats or the K line or. . . .? I'd love to fuel my obsession a bit more. Meg at Ask-Mini said that it's about 6 weeks from end of production until we can get our babies in CA.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:32 PM
FugitiveAI
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Scoopmama
I know how you feel!! The kids in my neighborhood are driving their parents nuts by screaming "There's a MINI" whenever they drive by one, and I don't even have her yet!

I'm in So Cal, and was on my way to the docks yesterday. Do you have any idea if we're traveling on the easy-to-track Wilhelm Wallensius boats or the K line or. . . .? I'd love to fuel my obsession a bit more. Meg at Ask-Mini said that it's about 6 weeks from end of production until we can get our babies in CA.
I'm screaming "Look!!! A MINI!" everytime I see one =]. I'm measuring up all the options on those cars too just like in the commercial. About the boats, I have no idea, but as soon as I get to the bottom of it I'll post here. It seems like I put my order in more than a month earlier than most other Week 31ers (paid deposit 6/13). I guess they are selling more at this dealership and filling their allocations farther in advance. I do see many more on the road here than anywhere else in the country.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by FugitiveAI
I'm screaming "Look!!! A MINI!" everytime I see one =]. I'm measuring up all the options on those cars too just like in the commercial. About the boats, I have no idea, but as soon as I get to the bottom of it I'll post here. It seems like I put my order in more than a month earlier than most other Week 31ers (paid deposit 6/13). I guess they are selling more at this dealership and filling their allocations farther in advance. I do see many more on the road here than anywhere else in the country.
I think the black bonnet stripes are gorgeous with the black roof! Also check out the mightystripes.com site. . .some totally awesome aftermarket stripes. . .center, pinstripe, triples. . . I'm drooling!!!!

Old 08-05-2007, 08:57 AM
aem421
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MPIIIMan
Same here. Mine is complete and now says 'Awaiting Transport' in the OL. Hopefully it will be on a ship sometime next week. I still have a ways to go as mine has to have the JCW Aero kit installed at the VDC. Oh well. I must wait a little longer.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:20 AM
stjoehawk
1st Gear
Originally Posted by stjoehawk
My car is on there as well. Gotta love having the car competed on August 2nd and leaving the port on August 4th. Nice timing.
So I checked today & now it says that my car is on the OTELLO, leaving Southampton on August 7th, and arriving in NYC on August 16th (after a stop in Halifax, NS).

Oh well. No Liberty for me.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:47 PM
smaine
1st Gear
Dear all,

I am beside myself with grief--it looks like my Mini didn't make it onto the Liberty today as scheduled. Still reads "received at terminal" where other vins read "loaded on vessel," and the boat has already departed the port. Does anyone know if the information on WW is water-tight reliable and whether I should give up hope completely that my Mini may have made it on after all?
Lame! I have heard stories of people seeing wierdness in the WW tracking systems. I would wait until Monday and see if the site has updated, otherwise call your MA and see what's up.

In other news, is anybody heading to the west coast showing up in the WW system yet? I still don't exist as far as WW is concerned, although ASKMINI lists me as "arrived at port awaiting transport, with no shipping information available yet". My MA doesn't have anything beyond that. Still keeping my fingers crossed that I'll leave on the 8th...

Quick Reply: R56 Production Week 31 Support Group