1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 31 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aem421
Nice...we are riding over together... See my post #80 for details.
Yay that's awesome! My mini has a friend already (i'm so proud!). He/she should get off in NYC since it's going north, and I'm expecting to pick it up around the 22nd. So glad it made it on! And congrats to getting yours on too!!

Old 08-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
WOO-HOO! Scoop made on the Tagus too! I'm so excited :D All our Minis will have a blast, right?

Old 08-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Glee
2nd Gear
Okay just read thru the VDC thread (1st Gear > Inside The Port Hueneme Vehicle Distribution Center) - now it makes sense why they unload in CA rather than WA.

Hooray to everyone on the Otello! and Tagus! Anyone not on board yet?

Old 08-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
Here's some prelim. stuff I found. There is also a really detailed post SOMEWHERE on NAM that discusses a live feed (name might be AIX something or other. . . I haven't had my coffee yet!)

http://www.mini2.com/forum/faq.php?faq=faq_delivery

Having your MINI BOOKED and RECEIVED AT TERMINAL does not ensure it being LOADED on the specified vessel. Some MINIs have even been LOADED only to be REMOVED and then BOOKED on a later departing vessel. To avoid frustration, check to see that your MINI is still LOADED a day or two after its intended vessel departs Southampton.

Other interesting information listed on the Cargo Status History is Vessel, Voyage ID and Booking Number. Clicking the Voyage ID will display the sailing schedule for your vessel. You can also go back to WW Cargo Tracking after your vessel has sailed and then track by Booking Number to find out how many other MINIs are onboard with yours. For those with too much time on their hands, visit this US Coast Guard site to find your MINI-carrying ship's "call sign". Then, with the call sign in hand, visit the Ocean Weather site to look for your ship's call sign and current location at sea by scanning the Marine Observations pages.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
Old 08-07-2007, 09:00 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Humph the Coast Guard site link doesn't work! I went to their main site and think I found it though

http://cgmix.uscg.mil/PSIX/VesselSearch.aspx

But the weather site is kinda strange and I can't find my ship :(

Old 08-07-2007, 09:01 AM
FugitiveAI
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scoopmama
Here's some prelim. stuff I found. There is also a really detailed post SOMEWHERE on NAM that discusses a live feed (name might be AIX something or other. . . I haven't had my coffee yet!)

http://www.mini2.com/forum/faq.php?faq=faq_delivery

Having your MINI BOOKED and RECEIVED AT TERMINAL does not ensure it being LOADED on the specified vessel. Some MINIs have even been LOADED only to be REMOVED and then BOOKED on a later departing vessel. To avoid frustration, check to see that your MINI is still LOADED a day or two after its intended vessel departs Southampton.

Other interesting information listed on the Cargo Status History is Vessel, Voyage ID and Booking Number. Clicking the Voyage ID will display the sailing schedule for your vessel. You can also go back to WW Cargo Tracking after your vessel has sailed and then track by Booking Number to find out how many other MINIs are onboard with yours. For those with too much time on their hands, visit this US Coast Guard site to find your MINI-carrying ship's "call sign". Then, with the call sign in hand, visit the Ocean Weather site to look for your ship's call sign and current location at sea by scanning the Marine Observations pages.
don't fill my head with nonsense! they're getting on that boat even if they have to push and shove! cross your fingers

Old 08-07-2007, 09:02 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
hahah yes I don't want to hear that my poor baby might be kicked off even though it's already loaded!!

Old 08-07-2007, 09:48 AM
tntmoore
1st Gear
I checked the WW site this morning, and there it was - Marvin will hopefully be departing Southhampton on 8/9/07 on the TAGUS!!! Voyage details say it should arrive in Port Hueneme on 8/28/07. How long does it usually stay at the distribution center? I will be picking him up in Portland, OR, so I'm guessing maybe the last week in September? We will be out of town for the middle two weeks of September and it would be agony knowing that he was just waiting at the dealership for us to come and take him home!! Will he know how much we love him if we can't make it to pick him up right away?!! I don't want to emotionally scare him for life!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Glee
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tntmoore
I checked the WW site this morning, and there it was - Marvin will hopefully be departing Southhampton on 8/9/07 on the TAGUS!!! Voyage details say it should arrive in Port Hueneme on 8/28/07. How long does it usually stay at the distribution center? I will be picking him up in Portland, OR, so I'm guessing maybe the last week in September? We will be out of town for the middle two weeks of September and it would be agony knowing that he was just waiting at the dealership for us to come and take him home!! Will he know how much we love him if we can't make it to pick him up right away?!! I don't want to emotionally scare him for life!!!
LOL - I want the same answer. I'm sure you've already talked with your MA (Dan? or one of the others?) but make sure they know that you'll be out of town so they don't hit you w/ the 3 days to pick up requirement. Are you having many VDC or Dealer options installed?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
Of course our babies will be on the Tagus! I just ignored that part of the document. I'm sure they don't really mean it!

There's a sticky posted 1/24/04 by Dave about a tour of the Port Hueneme a group took. Lots of good info!

(and DON'T blame me for anything upsetting you read! It's not my fault!!

Old 08-07-2007, 10:14 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
hahah ok ok (well mine is on the Otello, not Tagus)...I'd like to see the port in NY, but even more I'd love to plan a trip to the UK to visit the plant in Oxford! That'd be SO neat to see all the minis being born!!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Glee
2nd Gear
Did a little more digging, I think the week 28 group. A portland pickup listed out their delivery schedule - Port 7/24, Rasmussen 8/02, Picked up 8/03

So - my estimate (earliest) is Port 8/28, Rasmussen 9/06, pickup +1 or 2 days, depending. Unknown - will they drive thru or take Holiday break on the 3rd?

Old 08-07-2007, 11:35 AM
girlcavity
1st Gear
Mine is on the TAGUS, along with some of your cars.

Scoopmama, thanks for all that info, it is super useful!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:43 AM
roverlandpark
2nd Gear
I'm 99% confident that this is the tracking for the Liberty. It's updated every six hours.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=WRYX

Old 08-07-2007, 11:59 AM
smaine
1st Gear
I checked WW this morning...I have emerged from the black hole and I'm listed as "booked" on the TAGUS.

Glad to know my MINI will have some friends on the boat

Old 08-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Lil A
3rd Gear
I'M ON THE TAGUS! I'M ON THE TAGUS!! I'M ON THE TAGUS!!! WOO HOOO!!!!
All this excitement is KILLING me! Now it's time to track our babies....

Old 08-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Mini2na
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Glee
Can anyone confirm which port the Portland delivery is unloaded from? (Or point me to the right forum to ask?)
TAGUS Voyage Detail:
Depart Southampton Aug 09,
Arival Manzanillo Panama Aug 20,
Arival Port Hueneme 28 Aug,
Arival Tacoma Sept 1
Welcome aboard! Where are you getting these dates? You have more information.

I found how to track ships at sea, I think. http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html I located TAGUS off Baja CA on Jul 24th. Might not be very satisfying to track my baby with this site.

I also found http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/com/smovements.htm that is supposed to show ships at the Southhampton docks. I can't find TAGUS in port. Don't these people know that my MINI obsession must be fed?:impatient

Old 08-07-2007, 04:58 PM
smaine
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Mini2na

I found how to track ships at sea, I think. http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html I located TAGUS off Baja CA on Jul 24th. Might not be very satisfying to track my baby with this site.

I also found http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/com/smovements.htm that is supposed to show ships at the Southhampton docks. I can't find TAGUS in port. Don't these people know that my MINI obsession must be fed?:impatient
I found a slightly different page on the Southampton port site: http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp

It shows that the Tagus is scheduled to arrive at 2AM on the 9th and depart at 6pm on the same day. According to the voyage schedule, the boat is in Zeebrugge, Belgium right now although I can't find it on any of the european AIS sites. It should show up on http://www.aisliverpool.co.uk/curren...ap=southampton once it gets done eating waffles.

-steve

Old 08-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Glee
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini2na
Thanks for the welcome!

I got the dates by going to http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto
then type in the VIN in the Cargo ID box
then click on the Voyage ID number which brings you to the port, arrival, and departure schedule.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by girlcavity
Mine is on the TAGUS, along with some of your cars.

Scoopmama, thanks for all that info, it is super useful!
Girlcavity~ It's amazing what sleepless, Mini-obsessed nights will do! I've been addicted to NAM for weeks now!
This is me:
This is what I'd like:

Old 08-07-2007, 11:52 PM
girlcavity
1st Gear
I browsed the forums frequently whenever I had a question (always found the answer from first search!) but after I found out my Mini finished production...

been on the forums EVERY CHANCE I get

I'm getting too antsy, and there's another month left

Old 08-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
Good Morning 31s! Did anyone dream of Minis last night? Did anyone else sleep badly? (Girlcavity- I almost something around midnight, and thought, "Nooo, better not." Now I feel better!)

Checked the Tagus schedule. . .it has departed Zeebrugge.
Now, raise your hands: how many of you had never heard of Zeebrugge before July? Me neither!

smaine- can't wait to check the live port sites you listed!

Old 08-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Glee
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Scoopmama
Now, raise your hands: how many of you had never heard of Zeebrugge before July? Me neither!
I'll raise my hand ~ although I'd also never heard of Hueneme and am seriously struggling with how it's pronounced.

So Tagus has left Belgium! Do you think our MINIs will have chocolates waiting on their pillows? heheheh Last night I showed my husband the ship tracker, and he was blown away at the level of detail we have available to watch the progress.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:14 AM
girlcavity
1st Gear
I did dream about the Mini!

Never heard about Zeebrugge.

I think I pronounce Hueneme as.... hweh-nem... in my head atleast, as my bf thinks I talk too much about that ship - he asked me "are you buying a car or a ship"

Quick Reply: R56 Production Week 31 Support Group