1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 31 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:28 PM
aem421
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice!...mine's still at the VDC getting the JCW Aero kit installed. Hopefully I'll be getting a phone call soon. My MA said next week at the latest. We'll see.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:38 PM
MiffyinDC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by aem421
Nice!...mine's still at the VDC getting the JCW Aero kit installed. Hopefully I'll be getting a phone call soon. My MA said next week at the latest. We'll see.
That's great news!

I wish mine were delivered to the dealer, too--at first he told me it would be ready for me to pick up by this Friday at the latest, now he's saying by mid-next week. A tough blow. Is anyone else dealing with Mini of Sterling in Virginia?

Old 08-21-2007, 12:41 PM
MiffyinDC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiffyinDC
That's great news!

I wish mine were delivered to the dealer, too--at first he told me it would be ready for me to pick up by this Friday at the latest, now he's saying by mid-next week. A tough blow. Is anyone else dealing with Mini of Sterling in Virginia?
Oops, wrong quote. Sorry about that guys. I wanted to congratulate paceysgl5 on the delivery of the Mini.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:41 PM
FugitiveAI
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm jealous!!! it takes two extra weeks for the cars to get to the west coast!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:46 PM
NamelessMini
Neutral
That's great news!

Shoot! My MA from Sterling Mini told me the same thing on Friday. I just left him a message.... we'll see what happens....

Old 08-21-2007, 02:01 PM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Thanks for the congrats!

I called my MA twice today and he finally told me the car had arrived first thing this morning...you'd think he'd have called ME as soon as it came in but no...oh well. Plus, not once has he returned a call after I've left a message. Instead I just have to keep calling until he answers (muahahaha). But anyway at least it came in a decent amount of time (5 weeks Thursday).

To you west coasters...at least you live out there. I'm from Seattle originally and am held here on the east coast against my will (ie I married a Mass guy). Plan to move back at my first opportunity of convincing him Oh and I lived in Monterey and Carmel, CA as well - love your coast out there.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
FugitiveAI
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paceysgl5
Thanks for the congrats!

I called my MA twice today and he finally told me the car had arrived first thing this morning...you'd think he'd have called ME as soon as it came in but no...oh well. Plus, not once has he returned a call after I've left a message. Instead I just have to keep calling until he answers (muahahaha). But anyway at least it came in a decent amount of time (5 weeks Thursday).

To you west coasters...at least you live out there. I'm from Seattle originally and am held here on the east coast against my will (ie I married a Mass guy). Plan to move back at my first opportunity of convincing him Oh and I lived in Monterey and Carmel, CA as well - love your coast out there.
awesome! I was in Monterey Sunday and there was not a cloud in the sky. It was the most perfect beautiful day I've ever had there. It's calling to you! Once he gets here, he'll never look back!

ps. more congrats on the new car! give it a big hug for us still waiting out west. Ask if he/she partied with Icarus at all. I'm looking for the inside scoop. I know he won't tell me everything

Old 08-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
Congrats, east coast! That is so exciting!

We probably have about 2 weeks more to go. . . Wed @ the Panama Canal, pt. Hueneme on the 30 if all goes well. After that. . .

Old 08-21-2007, 04:36 PM
tntmoore
1st Gear
Congrats to my fellow 31 weekers who are now starting to receive their babies!! Post pics so the rest of us can dream! The anticipation just keeps building for us west coasters. Scoopmama, I just checked the WW site and TAGUS has been delayed one day to the 23rd @ Panama Canal and 31st @ Pt Hueneme. Although I'm hoping once they clear the canal they can maybe make up the day?

Old 08-21-2007, 06:52 PM
MYMINI2007
2nd Gear
31st Weeker Waiting in St. Louie

I ordered my MINI 7/14/2007 here, it was born on 7/29/2007, loaded on the Liberty and discharged on Aug 18th in Charleston SC. I am beside myself with excitement. The dealer said Fri 24, Sat 25, or Mon 27th, I can expect the car. I am certainly hoping for the 24th, but have resigned myself to the 27th. Does the car go to a VDS near each port?

Thanks

RT

2007 MC/Chili Red/White Top/Mirrors/MoonRoof/Leather/Cold Weather Pkg/15" Rotator Spokes/ Manuel

Old 08-22-2007, 03:35 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by FugitiveAI
awesome! I was in Monterey Sunday and there was not a cloud in the sky. It was the most perfect beautiful day I've ever had there. It's calling to you! Once he gets here, he'll never look back!

ps. more congrats on the new car! give it a big hug for us still waiting out west. Ask if he/she partied with Icarus at all. I'm looking for the inside scoop. I know he won't tell me everything

Not fair! A friend is moving out to Monterey shortly, so I will definitely be back by next Spring. Not sure of doing a road trip or just flying though. I know my baby would enjoy it, but I was only planning on taking a week off of work...which bears enough time to drive straight through to Monterey, turn around, and drive home...

I guess he/she could have partied with Icarus at the plant I still haven't decided on a name, but have a list going with ideas. *Still waiting for that origination letter*

Old 08-22-2007, 03:36 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MYMINI2007
I ordered my MINI 7/14/2007 here, it was born on 7/29/2007, loaded on the Liberty and discharged on Aug 18th in Charleston SC. I am beside myself with excitement. The dealer said Fri 24, Sat 25, or Mon 27th, I can expect the car. I am certainly hoping for the 24th, but have resigned myself to the 27th. Does the car go to a VDS near each port?
Congrats!! I believe it does spend a couple days at a local VDC (near the port) before heading out to your dealer. It just depends on what modifications, if any, you ordered because they may be put on at the VDC which would delay its trip to the dealer.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 AM
NamelessMini
Neutral
Got a call from my MA at Mini of Sterling. He's expecting the car on a truck this afternoon and he said I could pick it up tomorrow! This is going to be a very long 24 hours or so....

Old 08-22-2007, 12:15 PM
stjoehawk
1st Gear
Originally Posted by NamelessMini
Got a call from my MA at Mini of Sterling. He's expecting the car on a truck this afternoon and he said I could pick it up tomorrow! This is going to be a very long 24 hours or so....
Nice. Left my MA (at Mini of the Mainline) a voicemail earlier today to ask for an ETA on my car, but I haven't heard back yet. Hopefully, he'll call soon with good news. I'd figure that a Philly-area dealership must get the cars somewhat quickly once they're released from the VDC, right?

Old 08-22-2007, 12:18 PM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Got the call that the letter of origin letter is in...off to the dealer in an hour to sign lots of paperwork and look over the car!! I'll post some pictures later (or tomorrow depending on my return home). Hope it all goes smoothly; up to this point it surely has!!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:41 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Saw my baby!

Well I was able to drive my new Mini last night, had an interesting experience that I'll elaborate more on depending on whether the dealership is completely full of idiots or it's just the one or two that I know...so we'll see how/whether the pick up happens tonight (no, just a little bitter and irritated!). At any rate, here's a couple pictures of the car...absolutely love the color and the car drives (of course) amazingly well. the car is dirty (they promised a wax and wash before I pick it up tonight) ... cross your fingers for me that all goes well!!

R56 Production Week 31 Support Group-dscn2195.jpg

R56 Production Week 31 Support Group-dscn2198.jpg

R56 Production Week 31 Support Group-dscn2199.jpg

Old 08-23-2007, 08:49 AM
MiffyinDC
1st Gear
Delivery

Congrats on your Mini--it's gorgeous!

May I ask what the problem was? Has anyone else experienced any problems or issues upon delivery?

I am picking up my own this Saturday (can't wait!) but since I'm a novice at this and will be alone I'm not sure what I should be looking for, concerned about, etc. before taking delivery.

Any advice or suggestions from the group would be most welcome!

Thanks.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:07 PM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Congrats on your Mini--it's gorgeous!

May I ask what the problem was? Has anyone else experienced any problems or issues upon delivery?

I am picking up my own this Saturday (can't wait!) but since I'm a novice at this and will be alone I'm not sure what I should be looking for, concerned about, etc. before taking delivery.

Any advice or suggestions from the group would be most welcome!

Thanks.
Suuuure...I don't know if everything will be resolved tonight when I go to pick up my car (about 2.5 hours from now) but...I will just sum up what I know so far:

Firstly, I don't appreciate that my dealer will not call me back. Ever. Basically if I leave a message, it is just to forewarn him that I am going to call him every 30 min until he answers, because he will not call me back (I've left him over 2 days before and still no reply). So this did not help last night when something came up on the way home from the test drive/signing paperwork...my husband turned to me and stated that he believed the seats were cloth not leather...and i was like WTF NOW you realize it (I didn't get a chance to look in the car before we did all the paperwork). So I called my MA and left a message, 30 min later called again, asked to speak to him, he did not pick up so I spoke with someone else who said he will call me back in 5 min. 2 hours later I had my husband call and ask about the seats. He assured us they were leather, but no, he did not go out to check.

Anyway the biggest thing was when we were driving the car we noticed that there was a notification (triangle with exclamation point) on the dashboard. My MA said it was nothing (yeah, right) and I knew there was a message from it hidden somewhere but could not remember. MA said he'd have them take a look tomorrow (ie today) and said again, it was nothing. If it was nothing then why would there be this huge warning on my dashboard?!?!

So now I'm worried they are just going to deactivate the warning and not fix whatever the problem was. I have tried calling my MA today to see if he knows what the message was and what they did to fix it, but he of course has not called me back.

I just don't want to start out with a lemon...my dealer is an hour away and I certainly do not have the time to take it there often because they gave me a crap car.

Something else happened when I looked at the car too - there were these weird smudges all over it and it was quite dirty which he assured me would be cleaned by today.

I know I am overreacting, but the warning light worries me just because I don't want him to say it was nothing and then deactivate it like nothing was wrong, and unfortunately I don't trust my MA NOT to do that.

He didn't even call me when they got the car in! Or when they got the letter of origin meaning I could come sign the paperwork. Ugh.

I will update later when/if everything's been resolved. They had better give me a Mini gift of some sort!! :impatient

Old 08-23-2007, 12:24 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
They (the dealer) can't just deactivate the warninig light. They'll check the car's computer for fault codes that indicate what the problem is and fix it for you. If they can't find a fault, then they wll simply reset the warning light for you.

However, if the problem that caused the warninig light to go on happens again, it will indeed trigger the light to go right back on. You'll be back at the dealer, but at least you'll know that there is indeed something wrong with the car. Personally, if the car is running fine, then odds are that there's no real big issue. Although I do agree that it would be nice not to have had the light come on in the first place.

I've been there first hand as I had a lemon MINI that had to be bought back by the manufacturer. It wasn't a fun situation, but both our dealership and MINI treated us great during the whole ordeal.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:48 PM
kfisto
3rd Gear
Was the triangle warning light one of these guys?

Those are lights related to the DSC.

I saw this very same problem (both DSC and BRAKE lights on) when I test drove an MCS a few weeks ago. The MA didn't seem to know what the issue was but the car drove just fine and also didn't seem to have any issues with the brakes either. He mentioned something about a software/computer reset or something like that. A quick search just now though yielded this thread. So, it looks like the problem might be more widespread Not the way I'd want to start MINI ownership, but I'd definitely prefer this type of issue to obvious body flaws! Luckily, your MINI looks great!

Old 08-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Taliesin
Neutral
Originally Posted by paceysgl5
Well I was able to drive my new Mini last night, ... cross your fingers for me that all goes well!!
Congrats! Your MINI S looks great. Crossing our fingers for you on dealer items.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Lil A
3rd Gear
Hey Paceysgl5....I think your MA's behavior is UNACCEPTABLE and I would definitely speak to his supervisor about the lousy customer service you've been given. Just my 2 cents...

Old 08-23-2007, 04:49 PM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Thank you!

Thank you everyone!! I agree, my MA has been ridiculous to work with.

The warning light was not those, it was the "message warning light" or whatever. My MA stated it came on because it was low on gas...we'll see about that. It was not on when I arrived tonight (although he did have to take it back to the shop because an interior door thingy had popped out and wouldn't go back in) Also, I will give it to him that the interior was the leatherette, not the cloth.

He gave me a pack of cards and some mints. Lovely. I didn't expect much from him though...not sure if the dealership normally gives out other fun stuff but oh well.

Oh and he gave me the: "In a couple days you'll get a call from Mini. This is my report card and a 4 is failing and a 5 is passing (it's on a 1-5 scale). Please give me 5's!" speech. Yeah, right. Imagine they ask how his response time to questions is...

Anywayyyyy....I have the car in my garage now and driving home was so much fun. OH and they did a really crappy job cleaning the car, so we're definitely going to be shining the whole thing Saturday.

Thanks for all the input everyone Hope your MA's are a ton better than mine!

Old 08-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Lil A
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Lil A
Hey Paceysgl5....I think your MA's behavior is UNACCEPTABLE and I would definitely speak to his supervisor about the lousy customer service you've been given. Just my 2 cents...
+1

am I allowed to quote and agree with myself????

Old 08-23-2007, 05:37 PM
aem421
4th Gear
Wow paceysgl5 sorry to hear about the dealership ordeal. The car looks great ! Congrats!

On the contrary, my MA has been awesome. He called today and said the car was at the dealership . However, for some reason they did not put on the Aero kit at the VDC! Soooo, the VDC is going to ship the Aero kit to the dealer, already painted. So now I have to wait for the dealer to get the parts so they can install everything. Best thing about the whole thing is that I requested to keep the original bumpers,side skirts, and grille. Sweeet!

My MA is even going to coordinate everything with the clear bra guy so it will be installed before I get there. I'm not even getting the dealer to install the clear bra . It's getting done by a local installer.

Quick Reply: R56 Production Week 31 Support Group