1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 31 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 03:37 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well at least you get to keep all those extras from the car for future use! that's fun. And, how nice, a dealer that calls you!

I haven't decided how I'm going to proceed with stating anything about my MA. Not sure if I should simply give him poor ratings, or if I should talk to his manager, and if so should I call or email? It is just kind of a weird thing, I don't like being mean to people, especially when it has to do with their jobs. But at the same time everything about the Mini experience has been excellent besides my MA who was awful and kind of made the experience as a whole more annoying than anything.

Any ideas?

Old 08-24-2007, 06:17 AM
roverlandpark
2nd Gear
Our car arrived at Charleston on 8/18 and it just now showed up at the VDC today on the OL. It now says that it's due for delivery on 8/26. We're having the windows and sunroof tinted so that should take a day. So maybe we'll be able to pick-up our MINI on Wednesday.

I can't wait for the waiting to end so we can start motoring!

Old 08-24-2007, 06:23 AM
aem421
4th Gear
Coming from someone who had several family members work at a dealership, I think I would talk to the MA first. Tell him about the specific concerns you had while buying your car. Find out why this MA doesn't return phone calls. If that doesn't work, talk to the sales manager. Let him/her know what happened. Then do the rating based on what you believe is fair and truthful.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:29 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Thanks for the input. I can attempt to get ahold of him, but know he will not return my call and is rarely available to talk. I guess I could give him a day and then talk to the manager.

roverlandpark - congrats and good luck getting your mini asap!! You'll enjoy it, as I just took mine out for a little joy ride at work haha

Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 AM
FugitiveAI
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paceysgl5
Thanks for the input. I can attempt to get ahold of him, but know he will not return my call and is rarely available to talk. I guess I could give him a day and then talk to the manager.

roverlandpark - congrats and good luck getting your mini asap!! You'll enjoy it, as I just took mine out for a little joy ride at work haha
I'm sorry to hear your experience has been tainted by the MA. I hope you can address your concerns with the dealership. With all the time it takes for the build-to-order process they really need to keep up with the communication skills. There is always the after purchase survey or you can write a letter if you are more comfortable with that.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:47 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
I plan to first write a letter to the manager. I mean, it wasn't like the guy was AWFUL he just barely did his job, and certainly didn't do it in a nice way.

Anyway, I've now had the car in my possession for about 18 hours and I'm itching to drive it...1 more hour til I get to go home!! (and it's a 40-mile drive so I get lots of Mini-time getting to and from work!)

Old 08-25-2007, 08:29 AM
MYMINI2007
2nd Gear
MY Buying Exp.

My buying experience has been so..so. I am used to more bend over backwards service, but whatever. I probably won't buy another car from this particular dealership, but there is a fairly good dealership in Kansas City that I have heard great things about.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:57 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MYMINI2007
My buying experience has been so..so. I am used to more bend over backwards service, but whatever. I probably won't buy another car from this particular dealership, but there is a fairly good dealership in Kansas City that I have heard great things about.
Sorry to hear your experience has been so/so.

Speaking of which,

I wrote an email to my MA's manager and he called me right away apologizing for my experience and he gave me a gift certificate for Mini accessories/parts. He said I could call him with any questions that may come about the Mini (instead of my MA) and apologized again. I was happy that they actually did care about my experience considering I will have to go there often for the warranty maintenance.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:01 PM
MiffyinDC
1st Gear
The Miffy Mobile has arrived

Dear all,

Just got back from my first ride in my new Mini. Felt fantastic! It is every bit as wonderful as I imagined it would be.

Here are a couple of pictures (note in the interior shot that the matching leather shifter and **** are not yet installed). There are a few others in my gallery in case anyone wants to see more.

Here's hoping that all the other Week 31ers are delivered soon, and that you all enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Attached Thumbnails R56 Production Week 31 Support Group-dscn4186.jpg   R56 Production Week 31 Support Group-dscn4177.jpg   R56 Production Week 31 Support Group-dscn4184.jpg  
Old 08-25-2007, 01:41 PM
MPIIIMan
2nd Gear
For anyone on the courage, it pulled into Charleston port at 10am this morning (EST, Saturday)

Old 08-25-2007, 04:12 PM
MYMINI2007
2nd Gear
My MINI will be here on Monday. I was hoping for Saturday; b/c Sunday Monday are my off days, and I was going to break the car in, but oh well.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:58 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Yay congrats Miffy! Awesome car!

I enjoyed my car all weekend - hubby and I were fighting over who would go to the grocery store just so we could drive it!!

Narrowed down the name options to 2 - one boy and one girl. Still not sure which it is (leaning towards a boy)

Good luck everyone else!

Old 08-27-2007, 08:10 AM
popimor
1st Gear
Anyone have an idea how long after the ship drops off a Mini that it will take for it to get to Michigan?

Old 08-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Glee
2nd Gear
Gratz Miffy! She's beautiful!! I feel like she needs a theme song that's all cute & happy, but the only one popping to mind was used in the vw rabbit ad where they chase eachother around & reproduce :D

Is the Boheme the last ship bringing the 31s home?

Last edited by Glee; 08-27-2007 at 08:48 AM. Reason: typos... or spelling errors, either way...
Old 08-27-2007, 08:58 AM
symphosomatic
2nd Gear
My Mini arrived today and I pick up on Thursday. It even tougher knowing that it's in my city but I can't get it! I'm getting a tint, stone guard, and mud flaps.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:13 AM
MYMINI2007
2nd Gear
Waiting......

I am supposed to pick my car up oday, but when I called this morning, my MA told me no trucks had arrived yet today, h was going to check to see if it is here, but it is probably going to be here tommorrow. The 28th was never mentioned to me as a delivery date. I have had such a bad experience so far with this dealership. I should have bought mine in Kansas City at Baron. Oh well, I guess there is not much that can be done at this point.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:13 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by popimor
Anyone have an idea how long after the ship drops off a Mini that it will take for it to get to Michigan?
I'd assume a week at least. It's usually at the VDC about 2 days (depending on what it may or may not be getting at the VDC) then the drive out there could take 3-5 days or so. Then you may or may not be getting stuff installed at your dealer, which will take another couple days. It just depends on your configuration.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:15 AM
paceysgl5
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MYMINI2007
I am supposed to pick my car up oday, but when I called this morning, my MA told me no trucks had arrived yet today, h was going to check to see if it is here, but it is probably going to be here tommorrow. The 28th was never mentioned to me as a delivery date. I have had such a bad experience so far with this dealership. I should have bought mine in Kansas City at Baron. Oh well, I guess there is not much that can be done at this point.
Sorry to hear that :( Hopefully it makes it today, and if not, tomorrow. You'll be loving your mini before you know it And hey, any bad experiences should be mentioned to the manager. It worked for me! Best of all is I have a nice guy to call and ask any questions about the car vs. a &%^&% that was my MA...

Old 08-27-2007, 10:45 AM
MPIIIMan
2nd Gear
Argh, what is wrong with my MA!! According to other people their MA has been able to provide them with decent information on the voyage of their vehicle from Oxford to the dealer.

I had to find out what boat it was on. I had to find out which port it would be going to. I had to pretty much find out everything on my own without the help from my MA. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't of been able to find out a damn thing.

Everytime I've emailed my MA regarding my vehicle, they always give me the same line "I usually see the cars about one month after the production date"

Today I emailed my MA, haven't done so in weeks. I let them know that my car was offloaded yesterday in Charleston. I asked if there was any chance I would get the car before Labor Day, and what do they tell me. I usually see the cars about one month after the production date.

No S$#%#$%#T!!!!!
Thanks for telling me the exact same thing you've told me the previous 3 times. I'm starting to think they just have an auto-reply to all emails stating the same thing over and over and over.

People on here could provide me with a better answer then they could.

My car was offloaded yesterday. I did not get any options that are being installed at the VDC or the dealer. So I know there is a chance it could get here in time.

I wish it would just sail right thru the VDC, get booked on a truck, and hi-tail it's *** up here stat!

Old 08-27-2007, 10:59 AM
MYMINI2007
2nd Gear
Call The Trucking Co.

Bavarian Motor Transport handles most of the cars from the port to the dealer. If you know your VIN you can track it with them. Just ask for Dispatch. Phone: (517) 349-3011 I left a message and they called me back.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:10 AM
popimor
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MPIIIMan
Argh, what is wrong with my MA!! According to other people their MA has been able to provide them with decent information on the voyage of their vehicle from Oxford to the dealer.

I had to find out what boat it was on. I had to find out which port it would be going to. I had to pretty much find out everything on my own without the help from my MA. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't of been able to find out a damn thing.

Everytime I've emailed my MA regarding my vehicle, they always give me the same line "I usually see the cars about one month after the production date"

Today I emailed my MA, haven't done so in weeks. I let them know that my car was offloaded yesterday in Charleston. I asked if there was any chance I would get the car before Labor Day, and what do they tell me. I usually see the cars about one month after the production date.

No S$#%#$%#T!!!!!
Is your MA Adrian at MCM? They seem less than enthusiastic there...

Last edited by popimor; 08-29-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:13 AM
MPIIIMan
2nd Gear
Yes Adrian is my MA.

Thanks for the tip on Bavarian Motor Transport.
I will give the car a couple days at the VDC then give them a call on Wed.

[edit]

Wait just a second, Bavarian Motor Transport is the truck company that transports them.
I ordered my mini from MotorCity Mini, which is attached to Bavarian Motor Mall.

So sounds like Bavarian Motor Transport and Bavarian Motor Mall are related companies.

Why can't the MA call them and get me the damn info I want!

I'm tired of doing all the legwork. Just give me my car!!!

Last edited by MPIIIMan; 08-27-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:50 AM
popimor
1st Gear
MPIIIMan,
I have the most luck E-mailing Adrian personally...
Looks like we will get our cars at about the same time

Old 08-27-2007, 12:03 PM
MPIIIMan
2nd Gear
Thanks popimor,
I always email her. But always get that same reply.

Hopefully it will be soon, sooner then soon would be nice, and even sooner then that would be even better.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:00 PM
popimor
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MPIIIMan
Thanks popimor,
I always email her. But always get that same reply.

Hopefully it will be soon, sooner then soon would be nice, and even sooner then that would be even better.
Laugh.
My thoughts as well.

Quick Reply: R56 Production Week 31 Support Group