1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FWD FTW- soon to be Mini owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
The Korean
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWD FTW- soon to be Mini owner

Hey all!
Ok, so I've been surfing around on here and making a few posts here and there. Thought I would formally introduce myself here. I'll give you a little background about myself and then uh I'll tell you what I'm about to order in late September. First off, I'm 21 years old (soon to be 22... woo) and just joined the Coast Guard. I ship for basic Oct 28th... hoorah... and ship out for MST aka Marine Science Technician school Jan 2nd. I'll be in Yorktown, VA.
Anywayz, I've always been a Subaru fan (owned 4 Subarus and am pretty well known in the Colorado Subaru scene), but recently decided to look around and see what else is out there. Mainly because of my friend who has a stage 2 04 Mini. Everytime I get into his car and ride passenger or sometimes driver I get the... uh what do you call it... oh yes the grin factor... As of right now I've built my 07 Mini online and have also been looking at other cars. I've test driven 07 Subaru Spec B, 07 Golf GTi, 07 Nissan Altima Coupe, 07 Toyota FJ, 07 Scion, 07 350Z and I think that's it. Everytime though I'm drawn back to the Mini, haha...
Ok, well enough of my rambling, hello to all. I look forward to gaining some noObie knowledge and getting my 07 Mini... woot woot!

My 07 Mini that will be ordered in late Sept.

Color
Pepper White or Astro Black

Options
white turn signals, cold weather package, premium package, sport package, sport suspension, rear fog lamp, rain sensor and auto headlamps, LSD, chrome line interior, anthracite headliner, dark grey color line, leather: punch carbon black, computer nav system (still debating between this and the Garmin Nav unit), 10-speaker hi-fi sound system, Ipod adapter, XM radio, interior surface piano black, JCW aero kit, JCW roof spoiler, JCW carbon fiber mirror caps, illuminated Cooper S sills, JCW sport wheel, leather suede, JCW suede shift ****, driving lamps

Aftermarket Options that will arrive same time (or before) as Mini (just found out today I'll be getting a pretty good bonus... )
2 10" JL Audio Dub 0 subs (already have from previous car), H&R Lowering Springs, Palo Uber Wheels, Palo Uber Light Bar, M7 Front Splitter, Defi Gauges, Volt Exhaust System, Dump Valve, Alta Intake, M7 Strut Bar, Cravenspeed Short Shifter, BoOst controller, Turbo Timer, IC diverter, and last but not least, Lyle Vinyl Styles exterior accents

Car (and parts) arrives a day or two before I get back and will be picking it up Dec. 22nd... woo!

Motor on yO!
Jon

Last edited by The Korean; 07-16-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:51 PM
old81
M6
Welcome Jon, it appears you have a plan, good luck in the CG and with your MINI when you get it.

Regile us with pictures in December.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Vinny_MINI
2nd Gear
Jon,

1st off -- thank you for your (upcoming) service in the Coast Guard. Really. And welcome to NAM and MINI mania. I'm a 'veteran' of two whole days now. I just got my 1st MINI on Saturday. It's awesome that you are going MINI given the list of vehicles you've test driven. MINIs seem to be the best kept secret on the planet (at least in the States). -- The best to you and your future.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:55 AM
The Korean
1st Gear
Vince,
Hey thanx! I'll have to keep a lookout for you since you're in the Golden area. If you see me, I'm usually the Asian doOd in the Goldish Legacy Wagon with the forsale sign in the back or a 04 Dark Grey Mini Cooper S with fogs, rally lights, 17 in silver wheels 5 spoke wheels, exhaust or a white Integra 4-door with a Type R front end, exhaust, lowered, and window tint.

Thanx for the welcome all!

Old 07-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM Jon. My dad was a Coastie. Retired as a CWO.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Jon - Congrats on deciding you want a Mini.
Welcome to NAM

Sounds like you already have your plans in order. With ordering a Mini and joining the Coast Guard. When you make it out to Yorktown, VA let us know. There are two different Mini clubs in the area that I've not checked out as of yet, since I don't have the Mini yet. The Mini folks around here seem to get together quite often if only to grab an ice cream. We'll make sure you have plenty to keep you busy while in VA.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:42 PM
The Korean
1st Gear
Swaeet! Ya I should arrive in VA sometime around the 4th or 5th of January. I believe schooling starts January 22nd so I'll have a little time to kill for ice cream... woo

Old 07-18-2007, 06:11 PM
FugitiveAI
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm parting ways with my 04 Impreza STi in favor of the MCS. It's a lot more fun within the legal parameters of the driving code!

All the best...