1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New military MINI

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 05:57 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thank you for serving, Cody !

As a 23-year vetaran of the Air Force, of course I have respect for all those that wear the uniforms of our country's military branches.

But while Air and Naval power is essential, I have a long-standing and deep respect for you Grunts and Jarheads that do the dirty work. I love you guys for the hard work you do and the incredible sacrifices you make.

Again, thanks very much for your service. Salute !

Old 07-22-2007, 06:23 PM
The Welsh Dragon
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome Cody,

I'm a staff sergeant in the Army and am stationed in Fort Jackson at the present. I'm glad you're enjoying your Mini, sounds like you love it almost as much as My wife and I love ours. We bought ours in Wiesbaden Germany after my second tour in Iraq, and have had a blast since. We just bought a Teardrop camper for it friday, so we can take it camping when we go to meets and other trips.

Welcome to NAM, and have a great time, these are some great people here.

Dave Thomas

Old 07-22-2007, 08:14 PM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Hogtied
Well, well.. well.. Thanks for taking a well intentioned thread and turning it political. Coming from the Big Apple, I can understand why you aren't too thrilled about the POTUS (y'all have a tendency to lean a..ahem... bit to the left up there (I swear, if I live to be a hundred, I'll never understand how y'all put an Arkansas resident in the Senate), so it's understandable. That's what's so great about this nation - EVERYONE has a right to voice his/her opinion.

Spend some time in the south or midwest - you might change your opinion - especially when you realize that all the man's really trying to do is ensure your safety, your kid's safety, and the safety of those who come after us.

'nuff said..

anyway, thanks to all that have and are currently serving, us yankees really appreciate it.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Originally Posted by The Welsh Dragon
We bought ours in Wiesbaden Germany...
Dude, my BN HQ was on WAAF and I lived in Bad Kreuznach from 95 till 06

Old 07-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
We need something like this...

The first pattern I could find on Google was the Marine Corps ACU, but you get the idea (I hope)

(Bear in mind I did it in 10 minutes with only Paint )

Last edited by Drillslinger; 10-19-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:09 AM
4xAAA
6th Gear
AF 80-86. A drunk driver ended that career.

Salute.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:18 AM
BRGMINICOOPER2007
Neutral
Ciao, Retired Army 30Sep07. GS 1OCT07, Italy

Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 AM
valthun
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Does ex-Navy count, I got out in 98, served 5 years on a ship that transported Marines. Took them to Somalia and the Gulf

Old 07-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Bluturtle
2nd Gear
Hey Welsh--I'm in Lexington--just on the other side of the city from Jackson.

Guys and gals who are serving--you truly are amazing! Thanks!

Old 07-23-2007, 03:01 PM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
Lots of MINI owners are current & former military. I think maybe they don't talk about it much on NAM because MINIs and NAM are an escape from that part of life... just as it is for accountants, teachers, office managers, students, IT guys/gals, artists, real estate agents, chefs, etc.

Thank you for your service!

Old 07-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Deviant
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Active duty Army here currently in Iraq.... Welcome!

Old 07-23-2007, 03:21 PM
moodylewdd
5th Gear
I want to THANK and SALUTE you all!!! My whole family is/has been military. Got the British Royal Marines on my moms side, the US ARMY and NAVY on my dads. My husband was NAVY, his dad a MARINE. Sister is ARMY and sons goal in life is to fly for the AIR FORCE!! I salute you all!!!! Thanks for doing such an awesome job for this country!!!

Old 07-23-2007, 04:58 PM
blue_rocket2
3rd Gear
Air Force Brat. My dad was in the Air Force stationed overseas (England) for 6 years. He got out when I was 9, so then I married an Army guy (when I turned 21). Current hubby served in the Air Force. Guess I got used to being around military guys.

Last edited by blue_rocket2; 07-23-2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: clarified 2nd sentence
Old 07-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Add me to the list.
Three years active Army 31C Radio Teletype Operator. Seventeen years Army National Guard. Lots of MOS skills 31K/31U/54B/then back to 31G before retirement in 2005.
Thanks to all for your time.

The Welsh Dragon,
More teardrops can not be bad "Tears of the Dragon 2008" are you up for it?

Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 PM
58driver
2nd Gear
I have plenty of love for all services. I've been in a joint unit with all branches including the coast guard and they are all great folks to work with (even those crazy subsurface navy guys). I try and avoid political discussions like the plague. I just do my job and now I greatly enjoy the ride to the hangar and back! I too appreciate those who have and are serving. I am not the type by any means to look for a pat on the back and that definitely wasn't the intent of the thread. I prefer my awards mailed to me and to just show up to work with my new rank on when I get promoted (which I did when I made CW2 and my LT didn't find out until almost 2 weeks later). I was curious as to how many of us were on the board and it's great to see so much family here. I'm glad to be part of this great community and hope to get to know many of you.

Cody

Old 07-23-2007, 09:06 PM
wondermini
4th Gear
My mother and father were both Marines (yes, my mother wore combat boots )...while my mother got out to be at home with us, my father served in Vietnam as a flight navigator. Then he went to college (on the military dime) and re-entered, Air Force this time, and stayed in for another 25 years.

I owe my own opportunities for education and the upper-middle class life to my parents' military years. The military offers a concrete way a person can truly "pull themselves up by their bootstraps." I have appreciated it.

I can't wait for my Mini!!!!!

Old 07-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Robb's 07 Red MCS
2nd Gear
Retired Air Force, living/working @ Ramstein AB Germany. Bought my car through Pentagon Car Sales: ordered in Mar; picked up the end of May. Am so glad I got her...one of the nicest auto's I've ever owned. Look forward to chatting with everyone here.

Robb

Old 07-24-2007, 08:06 AM
SweetPepper
2nd Gear
My dad is retired navy. My husband is in the US Army and I'm in the Air Force. I don't have my mini yet, but I cannot wait to get it!

Old 07-24-2007, 08:22 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Welsh Dragon
We just bought a Teardrop camper for it friday, so we can take it camping when we go to meets and other trips.

Welcome to NAM, and have a great time, these are some great people here.

Dave Thomas
We need pix of your rig set-up, Dave!!!

Originally Posted by Drillslinger
We need something like this...

The first pattern I could find on Google was the Marine Corps ACU, but you get the idea (I hope)

(Bear in mind I did it in 10 minutes with only Paint )
The badge folks will design something, I'm sure! Great idea!

Originally Posted by Bluturtle
Hey Welsh--I'm in Lexington--just on the other side of the city from Jackson.

Guys and gals who are serving--you truly are amazing! Thanks!
Ditto from me! I thank you for your service to the nation.

Originally Posted by Zyamfier
The Welsh Dragon,
More teardrops can not be bad "Tears of the Dragon 2008" are you up for it?
What a cool idea!

Originally Posted by 58driver
I have plenty of love for all services. I've been in a joint unit with all branches including the coast guard and they are all great folks to work with (even those crazy subsurface navy guys). I try and avoid political discussions like the plague. I just do my job and now I greatly enjoy the ride to the hangar and back! I too appreciate those who have and are serving. I am not the type by any means to look for a pat on the back and that definitely wasn't the intent of the thread. I prefer my awards mailed to me and to just show up to work with my new rank on when I get promoted (which I did when I made CW2 and my LT didn't find out until almost 2 weeks later). I was curious as to how many of us were on the board and it's great to see so much family here. I'm glad to be part of this great community and hope to get to know many of you.

Cody
Welcome to NAM, Cody!

And yes, people...let's leave politics out of it, especially since posting such content violates NAM's Site Guidelines. Thanks!

Old 07-24-2007, 07:01 PM
cadfael_tex
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Greetings, 56A @ Mother Rucker

Old 07-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Dave_in_Va
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Red Scooter
Sounds like it's time for a new MINI badge - Military MINI Owners! Salute!
If somebody knows how to make one, sign me up for the badge!

Active duty Navy here; 14 years and couting down to retirement. Bought my 06 MCS in Bahrain while I was there for a year; have driven it a total of about 3 1/2 months and already put about 12.5K miles on it. LOVE IT! I just wish I was home more to drive it!

Old 07-26-2007, 02:34 PM
ashboomstick
5th Gear
former Navy here. '97-'03

Nuclear Electrician on the USS Oklahoma City (SSN 723)
crazy enough to be a submariner, even crazier to be a nuke!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:35 AM
diaemus
2nd Gear
Wow I didnt realize how many of us there were out there

Old 08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Minisizd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Hogtied
Well, well.. well.. Thanks for taking a well intentioned thread and turning it political. Coming from the Big Apple, I can understand why you aren't too thrilled about the POTUS (y'all have a tendency to lean a..ahem... bit to the left up there (I swear, if I live to be a hundred, I'll never understand how y'all put an Arkansas resident in the Senate), so it's understandable. That's what's so great about this nation - EVERYONE has a right to voice his/her opinion.

Spend some time in the south or midwest - you might change your opinion - especially when you realize that all the man's really trying to do is ensure your safety, your kid's safety, and the safety of those who come after us.
Hey there now Hogtied, not all us Noo Yawkers like or voted for that charlatan in a skirt.

4th generation Army veteran here. My great-grandfather and grandfather were 11B in WWI & WWII/Korean War (respectively), and my father was an 11C in 'Nam. I served proudly as a 12B, playing in the sandbox the first time around. We should have taken care of it then. Often I miss it, but it just wouldn't be fair to the family.

Sappers Forward!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:33 PM
MPIIIMan
2nd Gear
I was really hoping when I opened this thread to see a camoflauge mini with some machine guns mounted on top. Go Joe!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: New military MINI