1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a new MINI Cooper

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:36 PM
bugspk
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered a new MINI Cooper

I ordered a new mini on 07/31 and waiting for its production and delivery. In stead of calling a dealer, are there anyway that I can find out its status? What do I do with production number?

Old 08-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
bugspk,

I moved your thread to "1st Gear" because this is where most people that are new to the site (and new to MINIs!) congregate at first to share info on their car orders, ask general new questions, etc.

I'm confident that people here will have good answers for you.

Welcome to NAM!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bugspk
I ordered a new mini on 07/31 and waiting for its production and delivery. In stead of calling a dealer, are there anyway that I can find out its status? What do I do with production number?
Congratulations on your new car and Welcome to NAM.

You can wad your production number up and throw it in the trash. No, wait, don't do that. I'm only kidding.

Go to the online Mini owners' lounge, at https://ol.miniusa.com, and your production number will allow you to gain access. There, you can find out the status of your order.

You can also call 866-Ask-Mini (7866-275-6464) and an automated system will provide the same information. Both systems are usually a little behind, but it will give you a sense of where your car is. The phone system is generally updated ahead of the online system, but not always. Check both.

Production generally takes seven to 10 days. Then it will go south to Southampton and wait for a ship to bring it to the U.S.

The Mini2 site in Britain has a good FAQ on the production process and shows how to track your car on the ship. That information is located at:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/faq.php?f...q_tracking_usa