1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi All!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:15 PM
novalyne
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All!

New (almost) MINI owner here...after years of admiration, months of on/off research (and obsessively reconfiguring on miniusa.com), and a week or so of hardcore shopping, I have finally found my MINI! At first I thought I was going to have to order one to my specs (I'm a teacher on a budget, boo) but my MA found one earlier two days ago that was on the boat heading to another dealer. I got the call today that he is mine, mine, mine! And now I only have to wait 3 or so weeks instead of 6-8. I should have him by the end of August!

So anyway, thank you in advance for saving my sanity. I have been combing your boards for awhile now and the great information as well as the passion of you all was a big factor in pushing me to make the move to get my own MINI.

Is it weird that I have already named him? (His name is Gaucho...I'm from Texas and he'll be a rugged cowboy, but like the Brazilian gauchos, this boy is gonna have STYLE...)

Now I'm off to post in the Oxygen Blue thread!

Old 08-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Congratulations. Sounds like you're getting exactly what you wanted. In less time.

Can you explain how they were able to get you a car ordered by another dealer? Why was the other dealer willing to give up that vehicle?

I also spent several years looking at Minis before taking the plunge. You'll really enjoy it once it arrives and appreciate it even more.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:44 PM
RhinoBob
3rd Gear
An interesting way to wind up with your Mini. Not quite instant gratification, but not the complete dosage of the pain of waiting. Congratulations on your decision.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
Congrats, and welcome to the community!
jason

Old 08-10-2007, 07:48 PM
jeffc
7th Gear
Grats on your new car.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:53 PM
novalyne
Neutral
Sowellman, she called the other dealer and arranged a dealer trade. I don't know how common it is, but she did tell me that only once has she had another dealer refuse a trade, and that was because the car had already been sold and the dealer hadn't updated the information.

Luckily, since this was done in advance and the MINI never hit the other dealer's lot, there was no transfer fee. Whew!

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Three weeks and counting...

Last edited by novalyne; 08-10-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:35 PM
ARTSJCW
6th Gear
Welcome

Old 08-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi from So Cal - and Welcome to NAM You're lucky you don't have to wait toooo long - and lucky the dealer found what you wanted - Yayyy!! Don't forget the pictures upon delivery...

Donna

Old 08-11-2007, 03:25 PM
minicounter
4th Gear
Welcome!

On one of the other threads we had concerns for the poor orphan MINIs that didn't have an owner when created. Glad to here one has found a good home

Old 08-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by novalyne
Sowellman, she called the other dealer and arranged a dealer trade. I don't know how common it is, ...
That's interesting. I hadn't heard of it before. I wonder if that still counts against the original dealer's allotment, or because it was sold to your dealer, the original one gets another car build slot immediately.