1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 45 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 08:15 AM
DoubleOh7
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K-Line site

Here's some info I cut & pasted from the week 42 thread:

see their PDF schedule file at:
http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf

website: http://www.port-of-charleston.com/vessel_schedule.asp

Don't know if this will work for VIN's, but worth trying:
http://app2.kline.com/GctApp/search?id=tracker

Old 11-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
I've missed another one. Seems the Boheme has sailed without me.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DoubleOh7
Here's some info I cut & pasted from the week 42 thread:

see their PDF schedule file at:
http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf

website: http://www.port-of-charleston.com/vessel_schedule.asp

Don't know if this will work for VIN's, but worth trying:
http://app2.kline.com/GctApp/search?id=tracker
Well, I looked at "next 30 days" for Charleston and no K-lines are expected with vehicles. The Patriot shows up, as does the Boheme, but nothing K-line. So she must not be with them.

Thanks for the link though.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
vtnomad
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Minerva Louise
BOHEME doesn't sail until tommorrow
you do have the correct vin?

Old 11-13-2007, 02:20 PM
vtnomad
2nd Gear
cars were being recieved at port today are showing up on the Boheme. there is still hope

Old 11-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by vtnomad
BOHEME doesn't sail until tommorrow
you do have the correct vin?
I've gone to the Owner's Lounge 5 times or so, to "review order details" and my VIN is the same as on the little piece of paper I have here on my desk. WMWMF.....blah blah....31486. I'll go check again. Maybe I will show up on in the morning. I so hope. This is very discouraging. You'd think that since Brits are so keen on no one breaking into a que my car would have been right at the first to get on, before some of the others from wk 46.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:35 PM
vtnomad
2nd Gear
I've gone to the Owner's Lounge 5 times or so, to "review order details" and my VIN is the same as on the little piece of paper I have here on my desk. WMWMF.....blah blah....31486. I'll go check again. Maybe I will show up on in the morning. I so hope. This is very discouraging. You'd think that since Brits are so keen on no one breaking into a que my car would have been right at the first to get on, before some of the others from wk 46.
i went through the same thing, i am pulling for ya

Old 11-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by vtnomad
i went through the same thing, i am pulling for ya
Thanks- that does help me feel a little better.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:51 PM
going4speed
4th Gear
On a ship

Aka at mini of the woodlands told me tonight that my car is on K-line and shipped on the 9th!! He told me the name of the boat but he was on speaker so I did not hear the name....He said the boat should be here on the 23rd and to expect the car December 1!!!!!!

Tell me about it! My car was finished on the 3rd. The 3rd!!!!!! If it does not make the Boheme I'm going to start making phone calls. Last week was not a bad week. This week, I'm not so sure...

Old 11-13-2007, 08:23 PM
DoubleOh7
2nd Gear
Well, I looked at "next 30 days" for Charleston and no K-lines are expected with vehicles. The Patriot shows up, as does the Boheme, but nothing K-line. So she must not be with them.

Thanks for the link though.
For whatever reason, the port lists the K-Line ships as Carolina Shipping:
Frisia is a K-Line and comes into Charleston on 11/22 (left Southampton 11/9 - this could be your boat! Still hoping for you )
Western Highway is a K-Line and comes in on 11/29 (leaves on 11/16)
The next one is the Caribbean Highway and comes in on 12/6

Old 11-13-2007, 08:26 PM
DoubleOh7
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by going4speed
Aka at mini of the woodlands told me tonight that my car is on K-line and shipped on the 9th!! He told me the name of the boat but he was on speaker so I did not hear the name....He said the boat should be here on the 23rd and to expect the car December 1!!!!!!
Frisia is the name of your boat! Congrats!!

Does your OL indicate "en route"???

Last edited by DoubleOh7; 11-13-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:34 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Ok, so I am hoping that Minerva is on the Frisia as well. My MA told me she was still at the port though. OL stills says awaiting transport as well. Hmmm.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:45 AM
obscurity
2nd Gear
Ok, so I am hoping that Minerva is on the Frisia as well. My MA told me she was still at the port though. OL stills says awaiting transport as well. Hmmm.
At this point it seems that all information varies. OL says my mini is at the port. My MA says it is on the patriot but still at the dock. WW lines says it is at N 49°12', W 042°00'!! Most of the way across. It seems to me that most of the people involved have only a loose grasp on whats going on. As much as I LOVE the idea of ordering the exact car you want the shipping process is making me question whether just buying off the lot might not have it merits

Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 AM
obscurity
2nd Gear
PS. Glad to hear there are some cars on K-line. Hopefully everyone has cars by December 1!!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Obscurity, it is verrrrrrry - comforting is not exactly the right word here, but close - that your MA still says at the dock and OL says awaiting transport. Because you have a much better grasp that she IS on the Patriot and the Patriot IS most of the way across the pond. This of course means that my own MA can think she is still at the port and OL can say awaiting and MY car can also be halfway across the pond, just like yours.

I've always said I'd like her by Christmas, but now I found out I have a function to attend and we are carpooling on the 8th of Dec. and it would be really cool to be able to drive the MINI. Maybe I can have her by then after all.... But I am not going to get my hopes up too high. Just by Christmas oh please oh please!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by obscurity
As much as I LOVE the idea of ordering the exact car you want the shipping process is making me question whether just buying off the lot might not have it merits
Truer words have never been spoken!!!!

This whole process has had me going crazy. I've been :impatient and that really doesn't quite cover it!

However, very very very clever on MINI's part. Because after all this, will you not value your car all the more? You have so much invested by the time you get the car- not just $$ but emotionally as well.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:57 AM
sancochojoe
4th Gear
Truer words have never been spoken!!!!

This whole process has had me going crazy. I've been :impatient and that really doesn't quite cover it!

However, very very very clever on MINI's part. Because after all this, will you not value your car all the more? You have so much invested by the time you get the car- not just $$ but emotionally as well.
I think that you keeping track of it day by day is eating you up. Its like watching water boil. Just step away a week at a time and maybe it will go faster. I'll call once a week and thats it. I don't want to get emotionally tied into a car.

When you think about it, even 2 or even 3 months is not a long wait in my opinion having a car built from scratch and custom made for you in another country, shipped across the ocean and for many through the canal to the west coast, than shipped to the dealer, and for many into the middle of the country and than have additional accessories put on. I would say they are being pretty efficient even for the cars that are taking a little longer.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:59 AM
bms50
Neutral
Going4speed you ordered from MoTW, wow so did I. Our Minis are pratically brothers or sisters.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sancochojoe
I think that you keeping track of it day by day is eating you up. Its like watching water boil. Just step away a week at a time and maybe it will go faster.
Actually, I didn't track it so hard until EVERYBODY else seemed to have shipped off and I still hadn't shipped.

Then on Monday I went bonkers. :impatient

There is all kinds of cool stuff happening and I don't have my MINI to participate. And it was looking like I had no hope of participating, either. Now I'm back to maybe and I'm ok again.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:55 AM
obscurity
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sancochojoe
I think that you keeping track of it day by day is eating you up. Its like watching water boil. Just step away a week at a time and maybe it will go faster. I'll call once a week and thats it. I don't want to get emotionally tied into a car.

When you think about it, even 2 or even 3 months is not a long wait in my opinion having a car built from scratch and custom made for you in another country, shipped across the ocean and for many through the canal to the west coast, than shipped to the dealer, and for many into the middle of the country and than have additional accessories put on. I would say they are being pretty efficient even for the cars that are taking a little longer.

I Agree that is is amazing to get a "custom built" car as quickly as you do but to mentally buy the car and then wait a month is a foriegn experience to me and to most first time MINI buyers. You really don't experience this with any other car in the same price range. Sure you can special order just about any car but it is not the norm outside of MINI and the really high end cars.

I guess this process is really just a test of who has patience and who is an active player in the instant gratification experience. I am definitely the latter.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:19 AM
sancochojoe
4th Gear
I Agree that is is amazing to get a "custom built" car as quickly as you do but to mentally buy the car and then wait a month is a foriegn experience to me and to most first time MINI buyers. You really don't experience this with any other car in the same price range. Sure you can special order just about any car but it is not the norm outside of MINI and the really high end cars.

I guess this process is really just a test of who has patience and who is an active player in the instant gratification experience. I am definitely the latter.
The instant gratification is definitely an American phenomenon.

I'm often a "got to have now" person.

Last edited by sancochojoe; 11-14-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:24 AM
COOP310
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sure you can special order just about any car but it is not the norm outside of MINI and the really high end cars.
When we were shopping for my wife's car, we looked at Hondas, Toyotas, Scions, Hundais, Ford (Yuck), and a few others. I asked each dealer "can I order the car the way that I want it". Without fail each dealer said "No, but we can try to locate a car close to what you want". I assumed that I would be able to order a custom car and have the same great no haggle buying experience, but I was way off! We ended up buying a Honda Element from the dealership that a good friend of mine was the parts manager for and were treated fairly, but only because we knew someone. That said, I think that we are all really lucky that MINI offers this service!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:31 AM
obscurity
2nd Gear
Just out of curiousity is anyone in this group taking delivery in Atlanta?

Old 11-14-2007, 11:34 AM
COOP310
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man I have WAY too much time on my hands!

Here is a photo of the FRISIA.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:25 PM
going4speed
4th Gear
no still awaiting

OL still says awaiting ....

Originally Posted by DoubleOh7
Frisia is the name of your boat! Congrats!!

Does your OL indicate "en route"???

Quick Reply: R56 Production Week 45 Support Group