1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 45 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:59 AM
going4speed
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No dealer in little rock

Is there not a dealer in Little rock?

Originally Posted by Minerva Louise
My pick-up point is Roadshow Mini in Memphis. So Minerva will have a bit of a truck ride before she gets there. Then I have to get there somehow. Hubby is going to check with some of his students (college) to see if one of them would haul us up there for a tankfull of gas and a crisp $100 bill or so + a nice meal while there possibly.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by going4speed
Is there not a dealer in Little rock?
Boy do I wish!!! Not a single dealer in the whole state!

On the up side, my car will be much more unique.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:21 AM
going4speed
4th Gear
that is what I am hoping for

I am hoping to not see other mini's like mine. So far I see tons of pw in our area.

Boy do I wish!!! Not a single dealer in the whole state!

On the up side, my car will be much more unique.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
YAY!! Hubby just had the most brilliant idea!!!! We can (now DUH, why did we not think of this sooner???) RENT A CAR, pick it up here and drop it off there. Now granted, we have to pay the penalty for dropoff somewhere other than where we got it, but that won't likely be as much as plane tickets! Not to mention we don't have to hassel with airport security, and we can ride home together in our new MINI.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
I am hoping to not see other mini's like mine. So far I see tons of pw in our area.
Well, with the redwood leather your car is pretty special. That is one interior option that has REALLY grown on me over time, mostly because the configurator does NOT do it justice. At first I was thinking I didn't like it at all, but I never had thought about the BRG with it. Now that I have seen a couple of photos of the combination, it is going to be a SWEET car. I am looking forward to seeing photos of YOUR BRG with Redwood! I like th white turns with the BRG too.

I saw a PW and a CR/B yesterday in Hot Springs (I went and bought a Christmas tree and some wrapping paper). I am soooo looking forward to having my MINI! I wouldn't have been able to get that tree in there though... I took my mom's SUV for that. Golly, it's a big tree. I hope it isn't too big....... At the least, it is going to be verrrrrrrry interesting playing with the furniture.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:54 PM
going4speed
4th Gear
red or black

Did you get the red or the black lounge leather? I can't wait to see the car myself. There was a silver one with LSD and JCW saw at the dealer (I go once a week) and they asked if I wanted it instead....UHM NO!!!

Well, with the redwood leather your car is pretty special. That is one interior option that has REALLY grown on me over time, mostly because the configurator does NOT do it justice. At first I was thinking I didn't like it at all, but I never had thought about the BRG with it. Now that I have seen a couple of photos of the combination, it is going to be a SWEET car. I am looking forward to seeing photos of YOUR BRG with Redwood! I like th white turns with the BRG too.

I saw a PW and a CR/B yesterday in Hot Springs (I went and bought a Christmas tree and some wrapping paper). I am soooo looking forward to having my MINI! I wouldn't have been able to get that tree in there though... I took my mom's SUV for that. Golly, it's a big tree. I hope it isn't too big....... At the least, it is going to be verrrrrrrry interesting playing with the furniture.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Did you get the red or the black lounge leather? I can't wait to see the car myself.

Mine is black, to go with the grey/black/chrome/brushed alloy/red interior. (ooo, this sounds like a frenetic color scheme all of the sudden...) I prefer the redwood with the BRG, PW and AB MINIs. Most people with the black lounge leather have the piano black dash option, but I switched mine to brushed alloy. I really liked how it is REAL metal and also that it does not show fingerprints like the piano black.

There was a silver one with LSD and JCW saw at the dealer (I go once a week) and they asked if I wanted it instead....UHM NO!!!

Old 11-25-2007, 08:28 AM
going4speed
4th Gear
red?

What is red in the interior?

Mine is black, to go with the grey/black/chrome/brushed alloy/red interior. (ooo, this sounds like a frenetic color scheme all of the sudden...) I prefer the redwood with the BRG, PW and AB MINIs. Most people with the black lounge leather have the piano black dash option, but I switched mine to brushed alloy. I really liked how it is REAL metal and also that it does not show fingerprints like the piano black.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
I got the rooster red colorline, so I have the part of the dash that willl be red and the little bit on the doors. The hope is that it will be just enough red to be interesting but not overdone.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:47 AM
COOP310
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YAY!! Hubby just had the most brilliant idea!!!! We can (now DUH, why did we not think of this sooner???) RENT A CAR, pick it up here and drop it off there. Now granted, we have to pay the penalty for dropoff somewhere other than where we got it, but that won't likely be as much as plane tickets! Not to mention we don't have to hassel with airport security, and we can ride home together in our new MINI.
This is a great idea. I think that my wife and I are going to do the same. We can rent a Prius for $60 and drop it off near my dealer.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:57 PM
DoubleOh7
2nd Gear
Has anyone had an updated status on the WW site once your MINI has gotten off the boat? I was hoping to see my status changed to say something like "unloaded at port" or something like that.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:56 PM
COOP310
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DoubleOh7
Has anyone had an updated status on the WW site once your MINI has gotten off the boat? I was hoping to see my status changed to say something like "unloaded at port" or something like that.
Mine says "discharged"

Old 11-25-2007, 04:01 PM
sancochojoe
4th Gear
Ok week 45...what is your forecast for this week. Any delivery expectations or will it be another week or so for you. Any word from you MAs?

Old 11-25-2007, 04:23 PM
obscurity
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by COOP310
Mine says "discharged"
mine too. 11:30am 11/24/07

Old 11-26-2007, 06:16 AM
The Meal
4th Gear
Fellow week 45'ers...

...Looking for an update on whether the USB connection made it in for the bluetooth-enabled vehicles. I'm 80% certain that it won't make it on US-bound vehicles, but I'm 20% hopeful. Folks in the East will have their Wk45 cars a few weeks ahead of me, so wack me upside the head with a clue-by-four.

Thanks,
~Neal

Old 11-26-2007, 06:36 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
I had to share this!

Hubby and I went to the local Chinese place for dinner last night. Here's my fortune!

Attached Thumbnails R56 Production Week 45 Support Group-fortune.jpg  
Old 11-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
It REALLY IS mine- I didn't find this somewhere on the internet. If anyone wants proof, I can take more photos, per specifications.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:04 AM
COOP310
5th Gear
Hubby and I went to the local Chinese place for dinner last night. Here's my fortune!
That's awesome!

Old 11-26-2007, 11:13 AM
sancochojoe
4th Gear
Well my first order for week 45 that I canceled says on miniusa that the car is at my Dealership. DARN!!!

Old 11-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sancochojoe
Well my first order for week 45 that I canceled says on miniusa that the car is at my Dealership. DARN!!!
oh... That must be rather bittersweet!

Old 11-26-2007, 11:30 AM
elliott
2nd Gear
Ok week 45...what is your forecast for this week. Any delivery expectations or will it be another week or so for you. Any word from you MAs?
Well, we were hoping the day before Turkey-day... MA told us it had been released to carrier, so maybe Friday or Saturday. Spoke with him on Friday, and he said definitely next (this) week, maybe this past Saturday. He's not sure what happened, as it is marked as released to transport, but still showing up as at the VDC (NJ). We have everything in order (payment, insurance, etc.), but no call on Saturday.

Now my wife has sworn it off, and says, okay, I will expect it on Friday. She's tired of getting excited it will be here, but then it doesn't arrive. So, hopefully sometime this week.

No call as of 2:30pm on Monday. :-( I'm starting to get anxious! And I want to hear back from Alex@TireRack, as now we will need the snow immediately, the longer it takes to get here. The white stuffs coming, and the MINI is not...

Old 11-26-2007, 11:31 AM
elliott
2nd Gear
OL still shows at VDC for us. What's worse is the estimated delivery date of 11/23/2007.

:-/

Last edited by elliott; 11-26-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Karthi
2nd Gear
Just got a call from the MA a few minutes ago ... he says it should be in either end of this week or early next week at the latest.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 AM
COOP310
5th Gear
I talked to my dealer and they said "the first few days of December" I am hoping for the 1st or 2nd because they are on a weekend and I do have to travel to pick it up.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 AM
sancochojoe
4th Gear
Hey, when is the earliest you can set up financing and insurance with the car for those financing??

Quick Reply: R56 Production Week 45 Support Group