1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 45 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:16 AM
DoubleOh7
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait to see what your Laser Blue with the aero kit looks like! Here's mine without it to tide you over ...

Originally Posted by Halifax
Congrats everyone! The adventure stories are already rolling in .... more pics please!

Mine has been in the USA going on 10 days today ... dealer has no idea when to expect it. He did say that the port will be doing all of the JCW stuff except for the shocks ... that includes painting the aero kit ... I thought that I was managing the wait alright ... but the anticipation is seeping in....

Old 12-03-2007, 08:18 AM
The Meal
4th Gear
Originally Posted by COOP310
By the way...

There is no USB port.
Thanks for looking for me. I won't shoot the messenger.

~Neal

Old 12-03-2007, 08:24 AM
minimark62
1st Gear
No problems yet - finally figured out how to use the intermitent wipers (non-rain sensing ) thanks to some posts in "Did you know" thread. MA probably told me, but I was too interested in the stereo functions. LOL

Old 12-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Karthi
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by COOP310
Interesting...
Based on DoubleOh's pic, it is the cover that keeps popping off.

I have to take it back for the JCW install so I'm going to let them know about it, but it's a bit annoying to have to cap it back up after every drive.

Anyone with the lifetime SIRIUS radio activate it yet? Any issues?

Old 12-03-2007, 10:18 AM
colorful sevens
Neutral
hello all - i lurked this thread (and the latest Boheme thread, and the 1st Gear forum in general) for the month or so i was waiting for my new mini to get here. i would have gone nuts otherwise! so thanks all, and here's a pic of my week 45'er to add to the catalog.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:30 PM
COOP310
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice! LiB/W was my second choice, probably would have been my first if I wasn't replacing a blue MINI.

Welcome to NAM

Originally Posted by colorful sevens
hello all - i lurked this thread (and the latest Boheme thread, and the 1st Gear forum in general) for the month or so i was waiting for my new mini to get here. i would have gone nuts otherwise! so thanks all, and here's a pic of my week 45'er to add to the catalog.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Neal- sorry to report to you that I see no usb port here either.

I have been busy- we poured the footer for the "condoMINIum" today. Ended up with concrete overrun of about 3 yards. One of the trucks very nearly got stuck on top of the water line for my little street so we had our moment of but the guy gunned it and the truck sailed backwards over the spot and managed to get on up to the higher, firmer part of the lot with no problems. Now I just really hope that I don't go out in a few minutes and see water welling out of the ground. I am really going to be glad when we are DONE with concrete and I don't have to worry about a heavy truck busting something underground.

It is a rather impressive sight to see a fully loaded concrete truck charging at you backwards. You definitely tend to take a step back...

Old 12-03-2007, 04:28 PM
DoubleOh7
2nd Gear
Darn! No USB port on mine either.

The supplemental manual I was given has it in it so I was very disappointed when I went out with my flashlight in hand and only had the AUX IN. Maybe only those with the iPod package has it???? But that's supposed to be in the "secret" compartment, right?

Old 12-03-2007, 07:23 PM
going4speed
4th Gear
Car is finally here..still in PDI

Old 12-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Karthi
2nd Gear
No USB port on mine as well ....

Just got the lifetime SIRIUS radio activated tonight and will have the JCW kit installed on the 27th as well as the bumper protection.

Should have pics up this weekend! Man seeing more BRGs is awesome! Great pic going4speed.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:12 AM
obscurity
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Minerva Louise
Neal- sorry to report to you that I see no usb port here either.

I have been busy- we poured the footer for the "condoMINIum" today. Ended up with concrete overrun of about 3 yards. One of the trucks very nearly got stuck on top of the water line for my little street so we had our moment of but the guy gunned it and the truck sailed backwards over the spot and managed to get on up to the higher, firmer part of the lot with no problems. Now I just really hope that I don't go out in a few minutes and see water welling out of the ground. I am really going to be glad when we are DONE with concrete and I don't have to worry about a heavy truck busting something underground.

It is a rather impressive sight to see a fully loaded concrete truck charging at you backwards. You definitely tend to take a step back...

I'd love to see "condoMINIum" progress pics!!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:53 AM
The Meal
4th Gear
Well let's hope that we're able to upgrade to the USB connector in the future. I really think I'd get a lot of mileage out of that capability.

Thanks to everyone who looked for me. It would seem that my own little ride has been off-loaded from the AIDA in Port Hueneme and is soon to enter the VDC. Assuming nothing has gone horribly wrong, I'm about 7-10 days from receiving my car!

~Neal

Old 12-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Neal- what are the sorts of things that you would use the USB connector for? I am not tech savvy enough I guess- what am I missing?

Old 12-04-2007, 07:22 AM
The Meal
4th Gear
The biggest thing I want to use it for is to keep items (like my iPhone) charged while in the car. The iPhone's battery is a bit sketchy to begin with, and my understanding is that it's a real power hog when in bluetooth mode.

Additionally, the ability to stick a thumb drive or even connect the iPhone to the audio system and play music appeals to me. There is an Apple-specific connector available right now today, but it comes with some limitations (>$300 price tag, a limit to the number of songs/artists/play lists it'll recognize, etc) that don't sit well with me. I like the flexibility that a USB connection would offer.

Finally, I have some peripherals that work with my laptop which would probably work with the USB connector in the car (assuming it's got enough juice) such as a keyboard lamp (which could then be used as a map light) and a personal fan. I'm sure I could purchase similar items to work from a cigarette lighter plug, but I'd rather not.

~Neal

Old 12-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Carrie
1st Gear
Where did you find the "did you know" thread?

Originally Posted by minimark62
No problems yet - finally figured out how to use the intermitent wipers (non-rain sensing ) thanks to some posts in "Did you know" thread. MA probably told me, but I was too interested in the stereo functions. LOL
I think this one is one I need to check out!
Thanks
Carrie

Old 12-04-2007, 08:31 AM
elliott
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Carrie
I think this one is one I need to check out!
Thanks
Carrie
Hey Carrie...

Need to move over from the 1st Gear threads to the Coupe Talk (2007+) for our R56 model. That's where that thread is... but here's the link direct to the thread -

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=93485

Cheers!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Carrie
1st Gear
Thanks! I'm working my way through the thread now....some good pointers in there. I'm hoping to have my MCS by the 15th Dec so I'm reading all this stuff ahead of time. So far, she's still in the Atlantic but due to dock in 2 days!
Carrie

Old 12-04-2007, 11:02 AM
minmor719
3rd Gear
Neil, congrads on your car getting to CA. Well my OL says my car is at the delership but haven't heard from Ralph Schomp yet. Tried to call my MA to see if it arrived yet but got Voice mail. Hope to get it sometime this week.....I asked the MA about the USB port and he said only in the 08's..sorry.

Yipee-picking my car up tomorrow, will post pic as soon as I can!

Last edited by minmor719; 12-04-2007 at 12:52 PM. Reason: more info to add
Old 12-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Karthi
2nd Gear
Just added pics to the Gallery finally - they're not great since I had to buy a disposable camera the day of delivery (forgot the digital). Anyway, the car has been so fun so far ... looking forward to getting the JCW installed ....

Old 12-05-2007, 08:07 PM
sancochojoe
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Karthi
Just added pics to the Gallery finally - they're not great since I had to buy a disposable camera the day of delivery (forgot the digital). Anyway, the car has been so fun so far ... looking forward to getting the JCW installed ....
it looks lowered....

Old 12-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Halifax
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got the word today that my MINI gets loaded on the transporter tomorrow. The dealer still has to install the JCW suspension and the nose film. I'm still in suspended belief!

Anyone have any problems at delivery?

Old 12-06-2007, 06:51 PM
sancochojoe
4th Gear
Still waiting on mine to be loaded on the truck from the VDC

Old 12-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Karthi
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sancochojoe
it looks lowered....
It's not ... I just took the pics at some weird angles ...

Old 12-07-2007, 05:31 AM
obscurity
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Halifax
Anyone have any problems at delivery?
The only issue I had was that there was a small nick in the paint on the edge of the passenger side door. The dealer claims it is no big deal and cen be fixed in a day. The car goes in next week but I recently read this post https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=120492

So I am more than a little on edge

Old 12-07-2007, 08:56 AM
minmor719
3rd Gear
Got mine Wed-no pics yet...sorry

I just want to say that my delivery was flawless..everything was in, working and my MA (Ralph Schomp)went over every aspect of the car with me. No pressure to by warranties or maintenance pkgs.

The Sales manger who helped me out with the problems with my first order was there. My favorite service advisor was there too, he even remembered me and ask about my 03 that I sold.

This could not have gone smoother

Now for the intersting news on the first 07 I ordered it is finially on its way...found out it had paint damage that had to be repaired.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting for your delivery- may it be as flawless as mine

I will take pics over the weekend and post.

Quick Reply: R56 Production Week 45 Support Group