1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 45 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 08:59 AM
The Meal
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wheels are on the ground, I'm just waiting for them to be on the ground here in CO. Schomp will be installing driving lights and mud flaps for me (plus giving me a glove box organizer) and then it's homeward bound. Can't. Wait. Don't yet have a date, but great to hear the experience went well!

~Neal

Old 12-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by minmor719
I just want to say that my delivery was flawless..everything was in, working and my MA (Ralph Schomp)went over every aspect of the car with me. No pressure to by warranties or maintenance pkgs.

The Sales manger who helped me out with the problems with my first order was there. My favorite service advisor was there too, he even remembered me and ask about my 03 that I sold.

This could not have gone smoother

Now for the intersting news on the first 07 I ordered it is finially on its way...found out it had paint damage that had to be repaired.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting for your delivery- may it be as flawless as mine

I will take pics over the weekend and post.
Wow- glad to hear things have finally gone really well for you! Have fun motoring in your MINI now.

I took my mom out shopping yesterday, and she really had fun with her first motoring experience.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:02 PM
The Meal
4th Gear
Originally Posted by The Meal's MA
MINI Status is due in to our Denver Proccessing center next week approximately Dec 11, then it takes about a week for them to process in and accomplish the Pre-delivery inspection and accessories. they will let me know when it is ready, then I call you to schedule your DELIVERY here at the dealership, the delivery takes about 1 and 1/2 hrs total if we have all the paper work ready, go thru the car with you Bumper to Bumper inside and out.
Not long now...

~Neal

Old 12-07-2007, 02:03 PM
minmor719
3rd Gear
Well I let my husband drive today..only because he was taking the car to get a clear bra installed...he sent me a cell phone pic of the MINI in his parking lot at work that said I am holding your MINI ransom for one million dollars(say it with a austin powers accent)

He also sat in the car this morning trying to get it started by hitting the start button (comfort access) multiple times. I finially had to mouth the words "put your foot on the brake".

Guess he did not pay attention when the MA went over the car with me

Have to admit I kinda miss the car having pangs of gotta drive, gotta drive LOL

Old 12-09-2007, 05:08 PM
zedaristo
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woohoo my mini arrived today in San Francisco, too bad I wont have time to pick it up until tuesday night

Old 12-26-2007, 07:49 AM
The Meal
4th Gear
Received my car this last weekend! Woo-hoo! I did want to document two issues which will see me taking her back for her first service after the new year, however.

She arrived with the mood-light over the passenger-side seat-belt holder inoperable (in the B-pillar, along with all kinds of air bag mechanics and electronics -- necessitating a multi-day repair from the sounds of things, although I can only go back and forth to the dealership on Saturdays, so it's not a big deal for me). My MA scheduled the repair before I drove out of the garage.

On the trip home I discovered the hatch on the rear bumper that houses the tow-hook hole came loose. I think I've seen other vehicles of recent vintage complain about this one, so we'll see if they can tighten up the covering piece when she's in the shop.

Two very minor issues for me, which do very little to take away from my fun. (We'll see how much I complain for the week I don't have the car, however, depending on the quality of my loaner.)

~Neal

Old 12-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Karthi
2nd Gear
^ Congrats on the new MINI!!!

The only thing I can warn you about the rear tow hook cover is that on mine, as it kept coming off, it would rub against the bumper. There are now light swirl marks that are around the opening that can probably be taken out, but obviously are not expected when you buy the car brand new.

I'm going tomorrow to get my JCW kit and the rear bumper protection installed. I hope your repairs go smoothly as well.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:55 PM
going4speed
4th Gear
Today is my cars birthday

It has been a fantastic 'mini' year!!

Murial is a year old today!!