1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 45 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:39 PM
vtnomad
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zedaristo
woohoo, today was my MCS's birthday, how do you guys find out what boats are leaving at what times? is there a special website to check?
check the sticky on the home page of first gear titled how to track my mini

Old 11-05-2007, 08:55 PM
minmor719
3rd Gear
schedule

Go to the WW site http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do
click on customer centre, then schedules, search by port-put in orign country(UK), and destination country(USA) then origin port(Southampton) choose your destination port
Below is an example of destination port Pt. Hueneme CA
SOUTHAMPTON 12/11/2007 PORT HUENEME, CA 04/12/2007 AIDA SOUTHAMPTON 19/11/2007 PORT HUENEME, CA 10/12/2007 MAERSK WIND
SOUTHAMPTON 26/11/2007 PORT HUENEME, CA 17/12/2007 FALSTAFF
SOUTHAMPTON 01/12/2007 PORT HUENEME, CA 22/12/2007 TAIPAN
SOUTHAMPTON 10/12/2007 PORT HUENEME, CA 30/12/2007 TASCO
SOUTHAMPTON 17/12/2007 PORT HUENEME, CA 07/01/2008 FIGARO

Old 11-06-2007, 12:18 AM
zedaristo
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah, thanks guys, I read that when I first joined, totally forgot about it

Old 11-06-2007, 09:55 AM
COOP310
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vtnomad
hey Coop, what day was your car finished?
no one at miniusa will give me the time of day since it finished production on the 1st they told me thats as far as they can take it. the ol says its still in production. its not showing up on ww either.
This is the info that they gave me:

111 Order Accepted at factory - 24.OCT
112 Order scheduled for Production - 15.OCT
150 Production Started [SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION] - 27.OCT
151 Body Shop Started - 31.OCT
152 Paint Shop Started - 01.NOV
153 Assembly Started - 03.NOV
155 Production Completed - 03.NOV
160 Released to Distribution - 03.NOV
182 Released to Carrier [AWAITING TRANSPORTATION] - 04.NOV
193 Arrived at Port of Exit [RECEIVED AT TERMINAL] - 05.NOV

I just checked and it still hasn't shown up on the W&W site. I am hoping to make it onto the Patriot though.

Last edited by COOP310; 11-06-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Halifax
4th Gear
Originally Posted by COOP310
This is the info that they gave me:

[FONT=Arial]111 Order Accepted at factory 24.OCT
112 Order scheduled for Production 15.OCT
150 Production Started [SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION] 27.OCT
151 Body Shop Started 31.OCT
152 Paint Shop Started 01.NOV
153 Assembly Started 03.NOV
155 Production Completed 03.NOV
160 Released to Distribution 03.NOV
182 Released to Carrier [AWAITING TRANSPORTATION] 04.NOV
193 Arrived at Port of Exit [RECEIVED AT TERMINAL] 05.NOV[/FONT]
Hey Coop - How are you getting this detailed info? All I ever get is a target completion date. Thanks!

Old 11-06-2007, 10:19 AM
going4speed
4th Gear
Good question

+1

Originally Posted by Halifax
Hey Coop - How are you getting this detailed info? All I ever get is a target completion date. Thanks!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:22 PM
COOP310
5th Gear
I just asked for it when I spoke to a rep. I didn't know that others weren't getting the info. They don't give you the codes or anything (I am told that the dealer has those) but they have always gladly answered when I asked them for the specific dates for each part of the process.

BTW... I just noticed this on the W&W site under the port info section for Southhampton: "All cargo must be received 4 working days prior to the vessel closing." Working days are listed as being M-F only - I hope that this doesn't mean that I have to wait an extra 4 days for the Boheme.

Last edited by COOP310; 11-06-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:43 PM
minmor719
3rd Gear
My car was booked and rec'd on 11/2 and loaded on 11/5-that is not 4 days.
Don't lose faith

Old 11-06-2007, 03:22 PM
vtnomad
2nd Gear
I don't like this anymore nobody is telling me nothing, ma nothing"don't worry about it". ask mini "was finished production on 31st still in quality check"(for a week)? ol says "its scheduled for production" ww says "its not in the system" MAN I AM FRUSTRATED. somebody tell me to quit crying about it.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Halifax
4th Gear
I don't like this anymore nobody is telling me nothing, ma nothing"don't worry about it". ask mini "was finished production on 31st still in quality check"(for a week)? ol says "its scheduled for production" ww says "its not in the system" MAN I AM FRUSTRATED. somebody tell me to quit crying about it.
vtnomad, you're among friends .. vent away!

There is definitely a wide variation in the kind of info that we are receiving. Today, *I* had to tell the Ask Mini guy the finish date that I had received previously (Nov 7) after he told me "some time next week" ...to which he replied, "oh yeah, that's right". Where did his first answer come from? Which answer is real?

Are they using the dart board reply system or ?

I get the impression that these people deal with many other things besides neurotic order-holders calling in to check on their in-production machines. At least I hope that explains the strange variations between operators I hate to say it, but they seem to have a problem making the "Track Your Baby" thing work effectively.... given the level of in-house tracking required to mass produce custom cars.

Of course, real drivers, by our very nature, are an impatient bunch, now aren't we?

I appreciate everyone keeping the thread updated... Makes the wait a lot less frustrating knowing that there are friends to commiserate with...

Old 11-06-2007, 05:05 PM
COOP310
5th Gear
Wow... your MA says "don't worry about it"? For the profit margin on these cars (the dealer cost including options is available from Edmunds), you would think that (s)he would be a little more polite and accommodating.

It is probably just the operator you spoke to on the phone. Maybe try calling at a different time of day. Try asking something more specific like "Can you tell me the dates that it went through the body shop, paint shop, assembly, etc., whatever you have". The information is out there, I don't know why someone wouldn't be forthcoming with it.

Last edited by COOP310; 11-06-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:38 PM
vtnomad
2nd Gear
vtnomad, you're among friends .. vent away!

There is definitely a wide variation in the kind of info that we are receiving. Today, *I* had to tell the Ask Mini guy the finish date that I had received previously (Nov 7) after he told me "some time next week" ...to which he replied, "oh yeah, that's right". Where did his first answer come from? Which answer is real?

Are they using the dart board reply system or ?

I get the impression that these people deal with many other things besides neurotic order-holders calling in to check on their in-production machines. At least I hope that explains the strange variations between operators I hate to say it, but they seem to have a problem making the "Track Your Baby" thing work effectively.... given the level of in-house tracking required to mass produce custom cars.

Of course, real drivers, by our very nature, are an impatient bunch, now aren't we?

I appreciate everyone keeping the thread updated... Makes the wait a lot less frustrating knowing that there are friends to commiserate with...
thanks halifax, i think they should simplify the whole tracking deal and only have one option, either ol or ask mini or your ma. to many options :impatient

Old 11-06-2007, 05:44 PM
vtnomad
2nd Gear
Wow... your MA says "don't worry about it"? For the profit margin on these cars (the dealer cost including options is available from Edmunds), you would think that (s)he would be a little more polite and accommodating.

It is probably just the operator you spoke to on the phone. Maybe try calling at a different time of day. Try asking something more specific like "Can you tell me the dates that it went through the body shop, paint shop, assembly, etc., whatever you have". The information is out there, I don't know why someone wouldn't be forthcoming with it.
no i definately wasn't the operator, it was my ma. he didn't say it in a impolite way. or at least i didn't percieve it to be impolite. he did say if nothing changes with the status in a couple of days he would contact the district manager and see if could find out whats going on. everyone does concur that the car was finished production on the 31st of oct. but there is no imformation after that apparently it went to its quality check and has never came out of it.
:impatient

Old 11-06-2007, 05:46 PM
vtnomad
2nd Gear
you guys are great now i know why they call it a support group

Old 11-06-2007, 05:46 PM
sancochojoe
4th Gear
I think I just found out why my mini isn't at the dock yet. apparently its in its fifth day of quality checks hmmmmm I wonder what is screwed up on it?
Remember when I posted the comment made by the woman from ask mini who told me quality check could take 4 weeks....I really hope that doesn't come to light.
I doubt it though but maybe they take random cars and put them through a longer check than others. Your car could possibly be the one they take on road test, water test, wind noise, etc in their sample test. Check the miles when you get the car and compare with the others.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:58 PM
vtnomad
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sancochojoe
Remember when I posted the comment made by the woman from ask mini who told me quality check could take 4 weeks....I really hope that doesn't come to light.
I doubt it though but maybe they take random cars and put them through a longer check than others. Your car could possibly be the one they take on road test, water test, wind noise, etc in their sample test. Check the miles when you get the car and compare with the others.
yea, thanks i will if it ever gets here

Old 11-06-2007, 06:04 PM
COOP310
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sancochojoe
I don't know how involved it could be. I think there is a limit on the number of miles that a car can have and still be considered new, at least in FL. My last MINI had 11 miles on it when I picked it up. If, however, your car is subject to an extensive quality check that could be a good thing. You could be confident in the fact that everything is in the best possible condition when you pick up your ca!

Old 11-06-2007, 06:09 PM
vtnomad
2nd Gear
I don't know how involved it could be. I think there is a limit on the number of miles that a car can have and still be considered new, at least in FL. My last MINI had 11 miles on it when I picked it up. If, however, your car is subject to an extensive quality check that could be a good thing. You could be confident in the fact that everything is in the best possible condition when you pick up your ca!
or maybe it meens they put the steering wheel on the wrong side

if that the case sanchojoe should take it to england, steering would be right and it has rear fogs

Old 11-06-2007, 06:19 PM
DoubleOh7
2nd Gear
I placed my order on 10/26 and the OL shows my mini as "scheduled for production." Just called "ask mini" to check up on my order. Guy said my order was scheduled to finish production yesterday (11/5), but the system did not show it finished yet. I'm trying not to be paranoid! Still in paint shop or didn't pass inspection?! :impatient

So what production week does that make me?

Old 11-06-2007, 06:54 PM
vtnomad
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DoubleOh7
I placed my order on 10/26 and the OL shows my mini as "scheduled for production." Just called "ask mini" to check up on my order. Guy said my order was scheduled to finish production yesterday (11/5), but the system did not show it finished yet. I'm trying not to be paranoid! Still in paint shop or didn't pass inspection?! :impatient

So what production week does that make me?
you will need to ask your ma to be sure, he told me i was week 45, my car was started on the 24th of oct. and completed on the 31st. which seems to earier than most everyone in week 45 mine must of been one of the first scheduled for week 45. my guess would be 46 but your ma nows for sure

Old 11-07-2007, 04:09 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
According to the automated Ask-MINI line, Minerva Louise is at the port. WW hasn't got info for me yet, as I checked that first. My MINI's final destination is Memphis; what port does that have her coming in to? I'd like to check the ship schedule to have an idea of what ship she will be on.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:42 AM
COOP310
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Minerva Louise
According to the automated Ask-MINI line, Minerva Louise is at the port. WW hasn't got info for me yet, as I checked that first. My MINI's final destination is Memphis; what port does that have her coming in to? I'd like to check the ship schedule to have an idea of what ship she will be on.
It is probably going to Charleston. The only VPCs on the east coast for BMW are in New York, NY an Charleston, SC.

The next two boats are the Patriot on the 9th and the Boheme on the 13th.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:50 AM
Minerva Louise
3rd Gear
Ok, Charleston! Good to know; thanks Coop310!! I thought that there was a VPC in Charleston, but then second-guessed myself and thought maybe I had made that part up. Maybe she'll make the Patriot, and if not, the Boheme has a fun name!

I better get off of here for now. In preparation for Minerva's arrival, I have placed myself on a diet-and-exercise regimin. I noticed that the sport seats are narrow-ish when I took my test drive. My own bottom is wide-ish. I have myself convinced that the seats will be more comfortable if I whittle myself down to much thinner proportions- my goal is 145 lbs. I'm 5'10", and 145 is good. Gooooooooood. 5 down, 22 to go.(yeah, do that math, ugh!) Off I go, to take a very brisk and very long walk!

Old 11-07-2007, 07:49 AM
minmor719
3rd Gear
As far as showing up on WW...quite often the cars are transported to the Southampton port on Friday( after completing production) and your VIN doesn't show up in the WW system til Sat or Sun. I have noticed after watching 5 ships now come and go that clicking on booking number doesn't show any thing until 2-3 days prior to the next ship leaving. All of a sudden you see 200 cars when a couple of hours before there was nothing.
Be patient(yeah right) and check Friday morning to see if your vin shows up in the auto cargo part of WW.

Noted West coast ships leave Monday morning US time and arrive 3 weeks later in CA on a Monday

Never thought in a million years I would know this much about auto cargo in the UK LOL...

Just realized most of you are east coasters but would assume it is the same way on the east coast too

Last edited by minmor719; 11-07-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:50 AM
vtnomad
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Minerva Louise
Ok, Charleston! Good to know; thanks Coop310!! I thought that there was a VPC in Charleston, but then second-guessed myself and thought maybe I had made that part up. Maybe she'll make the Patriot, and if not, the Boheme has a fun name!

I better get off of here for now. In preparation for Minerva's arrival, I have placed myself on a diet-and-exercise regimin. I noticed that the sport seats are narrow-ish when I took my test drive. My own bottom is wide-ish. I have myself convinced that the seats will be more comfortable if I whittle myself down to much thinner proportions- my goal is 145 lbs. I'm 5'10", and 145 is good. Gooooooooood. 5 down, 22 to go.(yeah, do that math, ugh!) Off I go, to take a very brisk and very long walk!
i thought the patriot sailed into new york not charleston?

Quick Reply: R56 Production Week 45 Support Group