1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 46 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 11:32 AM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sancochojoe
Nice red mini, Jimmie....you are right...cars are rolling in...my turn!!!!

Has JCW Tuning, JCW Suspension, so you can see what the 1/2 inches of lowering can do...which i'm happy with and for sure I will put on my set of 18" Hamanns when they come in. Also the JCW Aero, and JCW Wing in the back. I had to have it look aggressive as much as possible...I sold my 335i BWM Twin Turbo for this car.

Don't have it yet...I was at the dealer to finish the financing...pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Will take one day of leave for this ocassion.
WOW Nice Sancochojoe! Seriously cool that you have the JCW options, should be a sweet ride. Enjoy your day and have fun picking up your new toy

Old 12-19-2007, 11:46 AM
drewster
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
curious about stuff i got that i didn't expect...

i don't recall paying for these items but they were in my MINI when i took delivery

- set of front & rear carpet mats with the MINI logo
- a set of 3 boot nets in the um... boot

were these "gifts" or do they come on all the builds?

Old 12-19-2007, 11:52 AM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
I asked for free mats in my car, as I figured it was the least they could do given the cost of the vehicle. I have the boot net as well, which came in handy today to transport some christmas gifts :-)

I think Mats are a gift .. boot net is a free bee.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:10 PM
lagrasta
1st Gear
I got the rubber floor mats thrown in and the nets. I think my Dad (who got his a couple weeks before me cause he took one off the showroom floor) got the cargo nets, but paid for his carpeted floor mats.

I think the nets are standard, but I'm not sure. Don't know much else.

By the way...oh man I love this car!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:17 PM
sancochojoe
4th Gear
Well the romance is short lived. After driving it for about 40 miles I was getting this high pitch whistling sound from the rear of my car. Can't tell if its inside or out but it is somewhere behind me. I took it back to the dealer and a service man road with me and heard the same noise. Said he never heard anything like that. It happens when I hit about 45 miles per hour every time.

I had to leave the car for service and they gave me a BMW loaner car. I should hear back from them by tomorrow...I hope.

Other than that the car runs like a champ.

The only complaint is the phone volume is not loud enough. My JCW exhaust drowns it out during exceleration(sp).

Even with the 10 speaker upgrade it is not even close to my 335i sound system. It needs a better amp if it has one at all.

Had to get a different Verizon cell because mine was not one of the ones on the list and it had problems uploading the address book and the paring would never finish.

Stay tuned.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:30 PM
drewster
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well the romance is short lived. After driving it for about 40 miles I was getting this high pitch whistling sound from the rear of my car. Can't tell if its inside or out but it is somewhere behind me. I took it back to the dealer and a service man road with me and heard the same noise. Said he never heard anything like that. It happens when I hit about 45 miles per hour every time.
you have the jcw rear wing, right? Wetceal mentioned having the same problem with the whistling.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...=122975&page=2

Old 12-19-2007, 07:51 PM
sancochojoe
4th Gear
Originally Posted by drewster
you have the jcw rear wing, right? Wetceal mentioned having the same problem with the whistling.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...=122975&page=2

Thats not good news...I really like that wing.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:15 AM
Modnar
6th Gear
Thats not good news...I really like that wing.
I was about the make the same comment (about another NAM member having the same problem). You'd think they'd have road tested the wing before selling it.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:50 AM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
Well to give this thread a little drop kick and bump it back up to page 1 I'll post some pictures I finally had time to take (1 hour before I caught a plane for my Holiday travels).

Old 12-22-2007, 10:56 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Looks great, Jimmini! I'll post mine when/if I ever get to pick it up (looooooooooooong story).

Old 12-22-2007, 07:06 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
I GOT IT!!! Yay, finally! The pics I have aren't the best, so I'll post some as soon as I get some better ones (which will be very soon, I am sure). After driving the 05 for a year, I can already tell the difference! And the navigation system has already helped us avoid sitting in a 5 mile or so backup on the interstate driving home from the dealer!

Old 12-22-2007, 07:46 PM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
LOL grats Minicooperwill, that's great! Funny note that you said you avoided a 5 mile backup on the interstate, when I was driving back from Pleasanton my Mini notified me of a backup on the freeway too. I stuck to the route, and it reminded me every so often of the delay, right up until the last exit it could route me around the traffic problem. Was pretty impressed with the traffic avoidance system on the Nav.

My fun has been playing with voice commands so far. I'm impressed at how well it works really.

Anyway, great news! Glad you're in your new car!

Old 12-22-2007, 09:27 PM
sancochojoe
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
I GOT IT!!! Yay, finally! The pics I have aren't the best, so I'll post some as soon as I get some better ones (which will be very soon, I am sure). After driving the 05 for a year, I can already tell the difference! And the navigation system has already helped us avoid sitting in a 5 mile or so backup on the interstate driving home from the dealer!
Finally. So did you find out what was the delay?

Old 12-22-2007, 09:39 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Finally. So did you find out what was the delay?
The delay was in regards to financing and various dealer/MINI-BMW Financial requirements. Long story short, various complications and delays resulted in another discount since the Sales Manager wanted to make sure we were treated properly and left satisfied. So I went from this to this .

Old 12-25-2007, 05:20 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Here are some pics!

Enjoy the pics as much as I am enjoying the car (yeah, right!).

Attached Thumbnails R56 Production Week 46 Support Group-img_0876.jpg   R56 Production Week 46 Support Group-img_0881.jpg   R56 Production Week 46 Support Group-img_0878.jpg  
Old 01-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Modnar
6th Gear
So how's life treating all of you Week 46ers?

In the last month.5 I've managed to name my car (Boris Badenov), spend way too much money for personalized plates, get a rock chip through the freakin' clear bra ()already, experience the dreaded Cold Start Rattle of Death, Doom and/or Destruction twice, sell my old car (finally), and drive over 1500 miles.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:03 PM
kfisto
3rd Gear
Life's good! Maggie is doing great (see my flickr stream for pics) now that her fuel pump is fixed. At around 600 miles, which was right before Christmas, she just went into limp mode one evening. I took her to the dealership the next day where they held on to it until the Thursday after Christmas. I picked her up, drove nearly home and stopped at Target. This is when the real fun started.

When I came out, started her up, she died on me. I got out and looked and there was a pretty big puddle of fuel underneath. So after calling 911 (something the roadside assistance people said to do :/), having the fire department say everything was okay, she was towed back to the dealership where they fairly quickly found out that the high pressure fuel line had become unattached. It seems it wasn't fully attached before! Yikes!

They fixed her (again) and for my trouble, I got a free stuffed bulldog which I've named Alfred. He lives in the back seat unless we go cruising! I'm now at around 2500-ish and these last few miles have been great! I'm getting used to the quirks (she doesn't like to be cold) and am enjoying her immensely!

Hope all is well with the rest of you and your MINIs!

Old 01-31-2008, 08:40 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Hello all. Things have been good here. Named the car Flash. Took it in to get the holes in the bumper fixed (I told them numerous times "Don't drill my bumper, I've got a front license plate mount which doesn't require it" but they did anyway, so they had to fix it) which took my baby away from me for way too long. Last Saturday took Flash in to get the passenger side door panel replaced (it had some kind of adhesive all over it which they clearcoated over and could not remove) and then they broke a speaker cover. So on Saturday I get to go back and have that taken care of. Haven't put many miles on yet (still under 800) because the car is not a daily driver. It sure is fun driving it, and it gets going so fast so quickly and smoothly that I'm sure my V1 will come in very handy!

Old 02-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Modnar
6th Gear
That bites about them drilling for your front plate w/o you wanting them to. My MA actually tried to talk me out of having it mounted, but with the way the stripe extensions looked (they had gaps in the front that the plate would cover), and the fact I don't want to give the cops yet another excuse to pull me over, I had it mounted.

I got my gf one of those bulldogs (she named it Chili Pepper, or Lili for short) and it goes motoring with us on occasion. I sent in my dues to join the local MINI Club, so hopefully Boris will get to meet and hang out with some other MINIs soon.

Unfortunately I've got to go back in next week to have some paint work done on my boot. There was some odd metallic particles embedded into the clear coat, but they're going to take care of that for me.

I'm already starting a long list of planned mods once I get the car loan paid off (hopefully by July).