1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALL ABOARD! Fidelio--leaving Southampton 11/4/07 -- Arriving Port Hueneme 11/26/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Wolfshiem
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny, for s**ts and giggles, I just called ASK-MINI's automated system and it said my MINI was still at the port of exit awaiting a shipping vessel! I guess we know that system is behind.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:19 AM
marg5
2nd Gear
Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?

I guess you all have more updated dates than me, so I'm going to not get my hopes high for this weekend. Looks like I may be carless for a week =/

Old 11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Super Dave
3rd Gear
My current car seems to know something is up. I keep hearing little noises. A little spring sound here, a little ka-chunk here. I just passed 273k yesterday.

I'm starting to think that I won't take my car to pick up the MINI, it could get ugly! Do you remember how Herbie tore up the Lancia or Lotus in the Love Bug? Yup. I try not to talk about the MINI in the presence of my car. I imagine if I do, the doors lock automatically and it drives me to ZYZZYXX Rd. in the desert

Old 11-27-2007, 12:55 PM
edbear67
2nd Gear
My MA wouldn't commit to a date at all when I spoke to him yesterday. The ordered cars are on priority one though so keep your fingers crossed. As soon as I here from my MA I will post. Did I mention that I'm getting really impatient. :impatient :impatient :impatient Thanks for he distraction Wolfsheim. I keep imagining that my car ends up on the wrong truck.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Super Dave
3rd Gear
My MA told me today that my MINI was going to be loaded on a truck tomorrow and might be at the dealership on Thursday morning!!!!! First one to post a picture wins, right?

Old 11-27-2007, 09:10 PM
marg5
2nd Gear
Super Dave, you rock!!!!!!! Congrats on the great news!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:13 PM
edbear67
2nd Gear
1 for the BRGs -HIP- HIP- HOORAY!

Good for you Dave!

Old 11-28-2007, 07:03 AM
minmor719
3rd Gear
Finially..........

Well finally the WW site is updated:
DELIVERED FROM PORT HUENEME, CA 27/11/2007 08:00
DISCHARGED PORT HUENEME, CA 27/11/2007 02:18

But not the OL still says enroute.

I am hoping for a week from Sat for delivery on mine...they say it takes 3 days in VDC then a week to get to Denver.

Considering that I ordered my 1st one on 9/3 ( a very long story)and the second one on 10/26 I'm not complaining.

As they say good things come to those who wait

Old 11-28-2007, 08:39 AM
JillBean
1st Gear
Mine was on the Fidelio too!
Too bad I didn't join this site earlier, I could have had fun waiting with you guys. Maybe that's a good thing though, the anticipation would have been torture! I tried to put it out of my mind so as not to go completely insane with excitement.

I'm glad to hear that some of you had a good experience with their Mountain View MA. My experience was practically non-existent.
When I went in to order my mini there was not one customer on the lot yet no one would pay any attention to me. Perhaps it was because I'm a younger female all alone. How can a girl afford a car, much less go through the process of getting one all by her lonesome?
Once I finally got Mike to talk to me, I made it easier than ever for him because I knew exactly what I wanted and had my mini ready for him on the website. Since then I've emailed him twice: once to ask for my production number and the second time to add a new email address to my account. The first time it took him 3 days to respond and I never got a response to my second email. I've never gotten any info from him voluntarily and he's never called me. I almost think it would be better if they worked on commission 'cause at least then they'd be attentive.

Well, I'm glad to have read about my fellow sailing buddies!

Old 11-28-2007, 08:46 AM
marg5
2nd Gear
Welcome JillBean -- I had the exact same experience as you. See I'm 22 and no one gave me the time of day, I had to walk up to the table to ask for someone to speak to and they wouldn't even take me out for a test drive because they were almost closed! This was back in September when there was still light out at 6pm -- guess they didn't realize I was serious.
So I went back another day and met Mike. I'm in the same boat, I knew exactly what I wanted except for a few options. For those options I was unsure about, he walked me out to some cars to show me the difference of interior colors, for example. It took me a while to receive an email response too, but when he called me back, he greatly apologized and said he had the last few days off. I'm hoping I receive a good phone call from him soon and that I won't have to take the first step again. Hope to see you in Mountain View MINI JillBean!

Old 11-28-2007, 08:47 AM
marg5
2nd Gear
JillBean - what are you specs?

Old 11-28-2007, 08:55 AM
JillBean
1st Gear
Having an appointment didn't help either.
At least we got what we both wanted...eventually!

I ordered on Oct 6:
Pepper White/Black Roof, Black Bonnet Stripes, Automatic, Center Arm rest, Redwood Steering Wheel, Tire Valve Caps, License Plate Frame.
Bare bones really. Oh and an alarm! It's not much but those are all a big deal for me.
I might put in a new horn when I get it too. One of those old-timey "Aaooooga!" ones.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Wolfshiem
3rd Gear
It sounds like you "guys" had a mixed ordering experience. I have yet to personally meet my MA, but he is always Johnny-on-the-spot with my questions. Since ordering, I've bugged him a few times, and he always gets back to me the same day (and usually the same hour). I don't like to harass them either, but it is their job to answer questions and advise you--and in a timely manner.

@ JillBean, you're order looks great--welcome to the insanity!

@ Super Dave, I'm jealous just hearing that you may be able to take delivery this week!

I hope everyone posts photos upon delivery--and of course, the sooner, the better!

Old 11-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Super Dave
3rd Gear
Yahoooooooooooooooooo!

"DAVID...your MINI IS HERE

You're welcome to pick it up tomorrow...I will be off, but Christian Banks will be in the office from 1-9 pm...I will get your MINI cleaned up with the mats in it...and have it ready to go...what time works for you and Laura?"

Just got this from my MA!!!!!!

Last edited by Super Dave; 11-28-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Wolfshiem
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Super Dave
"DAVID...your MINI IS HERE

You're welcome to pick it up tomorrow...I will be off, but Christian Banks will be in the office from 1-9 pm...I will get your MINI cleaned up with the mats in it...and have it ready to go...what time works for you and Laura?"

Just got this from my MA!!!!!!
Congratulations!

One day after it hits the shore?--That has got to be the fastest turn-around in MINI history!!

Old 11-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Super Dave
3rd Gear
That's probably because I DIDN'T order the Tire Valve Caps like JillBean - That extra expense must cause AT LEAST a day delay!!! ; )

Old 11-28-2007, 10:33 AM
JillBean
1st Gear
That's awesome!
Have fun with your baby!

Old 11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
marg5
2nd Gear
Super Dave, you're the big winner! Congrats on being the first to get delivery!!

Old 11-28-2007, 10:43 AM
marg5
2nd Gear
JillBean -- I'd totally be interested in an "Aaooooooga" horn, let me know where you get it from =)

Old 11-28-2007, 11:19 AM
edbear67
2nd Gear
I want that horn to please. My MA has my MINI coming in this Sunday. He thinks the delay is the Ipod adapter thing.
I must be behind Marg in line. Let me cut in ahead of you Marg!
Anyway it's just as well, this weekend would have been really busy and I wouldn't have had time to enjoy the MINI............Yeah right who am I fooling?
He says I can visit it on Sunday but to be prepared beacause it will not have had it's first bath yet. How dirty can it get? It only came 75 miles from the VDC. Wolfsheim don't they bathe them at the VDC.
Congratulations Dave you win send pictures.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:33 AM
swabel
1st Gear
So Dave----I assume the OL still says its "en route." If so, I'm just gonna abandon checking the OL any more and just start bugging my MA directly. Congratulations to you. Steve

Old 11-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Super Dave
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by swabel
So Dave----I assume the OL still says its "en route." If so, I'm just gonna abandon checking the OL any more and just start bugging my MA directly. Congratulations to you. Steve
Yup! OL Says it's still adjusting to it's sea wheels and enjoying the buffet (Although that's just code for "Those Damn Pepper Whites are screwing around!")

Old 11-28-2007, 02:54 PM
suzander
2nd Gear
Congratulations Super Dave!! Looking forward to seeing fresh pictures of your baby!

JillBean, I'm looking forward to meeting you and Marg at Mini of Mtn View when we all pick up our babies! We'll make it a party. Hopefully very soon!!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:08 PM
JillBean
1st Gear
For those who are interested in the horn, here's some info.
You can hear sound samples and purchase a horn here
Or get a cheap one from somewhere like here.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Super Dave
3rd Gear
well, I tried to get a picture...

Top secret…we can’t reveal your MINIs identity until you get here The NAM board is just going to have to wait.

See you tomorrow afternoon,

ChristianArial
Motoring Advisor
CREVIER MINI
cbanks@creviermini.com
714 560-9525 (work)

Last edited by Super Dave; 11-28-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Quick Reply: ALL ABOARD! Fidelio--leaving Southampton 11/4/07 -- Arriving Port Hueneme 11/26/07