1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALL ABOARD! Fidelio--leaving Southampton 11/4/07 -- Arriving Port Hueneme 11/26/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Wolfshiem
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm all scheduled to pick up my new MCS on Saturday....hoooray!

After that, I can join in with your frustrations over the boot release.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Super Dave
3rd Gear
YES!!!!
I'm happy for you! Will it rain on Saturday? It seems like it rained for most of us, but no problems! MINIs like the rain. PS- If you don't have rain sensing wipers, the intermitten control is at the very end of the stock, just press it in!

sorry, I won't be making the road trip up there. I am having the Cilajet and ceramic window tint installed this weekend!

Old 12-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Wolfshiem
3rd Gear
The funny thing is that the forecast calls for clear skies on Saturday in rainy Oregon!

Old 12-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Wolfshiem
3rd Gear
Now that I have a confirmed delivery date for TOMORROW, I must admit, that while I am excited, I will miss tracking and yes, even the waiting. That's not to say that I don't want to take delivery, 'cause I do!--but, sometimes the best part about the end result is the process that you went through to get there.

Or maybe I'm just nutty with anticipation!

Old 12-07-2007, 09:17 AM
suzander
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Wolfshiem
Now that I have a confirmed delivery date for TOMORROW, I must admit, that while I am excited, I will miss tracking and yes, even the waiting. That's not to say that I don't want to take delivery, 'cause I do!--but, sometimes the best part about the end result is the process that you went through to get there.

Yes, the tracking and obsessing and bonding with your fellow trackers online is fun and rewarding in its own way. But you will absolutely love your car!!!!

Old 12-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Wolfshiem
3rd Gear
Hey Suzander, I dig your signature emblem...great work!

Old 12-07-2007, 09:35 AM
suzander
2nd Gear
Hey Suzander, I dig your signature emblem...great work!
Hey Thanks, Wolfshiem! My husband worked that up for me when I asked him to clean up the regular "pepper white owners club" logo, which is a little jaggy.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Carrie
1st Gear
Hmmmm....

You can say that now, as you're getting ready to pick up your baby tomorrow!! For those of us who are still impatiently waiting we're all about the end result. If could speed up this process I would, in a heartbeat
I think I have another 10 days to go as my ship has been delayed 3 days instead of being here yesterday. Still, it's getting closer.....

Old 12-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Wolfshiem
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Carrie
You can say that now, as you're getting ready to pick up your baby tomorrow!! For those of us who are still impatiently waiting we're all about the end result. If could speed up this process I would, in a heartbeat
I think I have another 10 days to go as my ship has been delayed 3 days instead of being here yesterday. Still, it's getting closer.....
How true you are...if I had seen someone write that they will miss the waiting at the same time my MINI was waiting in Southampton to hitch a ride, I would've e-slapped them! But, now that I have the luxury of knowing I will pick it up tomorrow...well, my thoughts have turned.

Now I think of the waiting as building character.

Just think of how much more character you will have when you take a delayed delivery!

Old 12-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Super Dave
3rd Gear
Well it snowed 4 inches last night, but my MINI is at the dealer getting tint and Cilajet. Did anyone else bite on the Cilajet paint protection? Or extended maintenance? I get it back Monday night. Hopefully most of the snow will be gone!

Old 12-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Wolfshiem
3rd Gear
DELIVERY!

Well, it's been and adventurous time and the best part came yesterday when I took delivery of my new MINI! When I first saw it, I still wasn't sure it was real!

Check out my Gallery for some pictures.

The car is simply amazing!--it's surpassed all of my expectations. Coming from an '04 R53 to the R56 is like night and day. Although I miss some of the styling of the R53, the R56 makes up for it in performance and quality. I only have one rattle to track down and it's minor.

Colour me impressed!

Old 12-09-2007, 08:51 PM
suzander
2nd Gear
Well, it's been and adventurous time and the best part came yesterday when I took delivery of my new MINI! When I first saw it, I still wasn't sure it was real!

Check out my Gallery for some pictures.

The car is simply amazing!--it's surpassed all of my expectations. Coming from an '04 R53 to the R56 is like night and day. Although I miss some of the styling of the R53, the R56 makes up for it in performance and quality. I only have one rattle to track down and it's minor.

Colour me impressed!
Congrats, Wolfshiem!! Your MINI looks fabulous!! You have nearly as many miles as I do and I've had mine almost a week.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Wolfshiem
3rd Gear
@Suzander: Ya, I took posession with 10 miles, and the drive from Portland to Eugene added about 130 to that...plus a few side trips. It only goes up from here, right?!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:29 PM
suzander
2nd Gear
@Suzander: Ya, I took posession with 10 miles, and the drive from Portland to Eugene added about 130 to that...plus a few side trips. It only goes up from here, right?!
Heh, yeah. My trip from the dealer was about 90 miles - it only goes up from there, you're right. But we're still breaking them in. Isn't it wonderful?

Old 12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Wolfshiem
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Super Dave
Well it snowed 4 inches last night, but my MINI is at the dealer getting tint and Cilajet. Did anyone else bite on the Cilajet paint protection? Or extended maintenance? I get it back Monday night. Hopefully most of the snow will be gone!
I decided to spring for the VentureShield clear bra, which will be installed tomorrow. I'm taking a lesson from my '04 and having it done.

I didn't buy the extended warranties (mechanical or service) but I might do so sometime down the road--especially the service warranty.

Let us know how that Cilajet works out for you.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Super Dave
3rd Gear
The Celijet is supposed to keep me from having to wax it for 10 years! We'll see. The ceramic tint really stops the HEAT from getting in. While I live in Lake Arrowhead, I work in the High Desert where it can get real hot.

Hey! I just noticed the little utility basket net on the passesger side! Cool!

Old 12-11-2007, 03:03 PM
suzander
2nd Gear
Hey! I just noticed the little utility basket net on the passesger side! Cool!
I didn't know what that was for but my husband figured out that it was for maps! Cool!!

Old 12-20-2007, 10:18 AM
suzander
2nd Gear
I like it a lot. I had been looking at them, but didn't want anything bulky for my soon arriving MINI, but I saw this one at COSTCO and got to play with it there, and yes, she talks to me, it's pretty cool. Now I know that my house is 5508 feet above seas level! It was more than worth it, and it's portable, so I can slip it in my pocket for hikes. It's about the size of my Palm Pilot. I think the model number 3225. We call her Maggie (and I don't even have a name for my MINI)
Hey SD - How are you liking that Magellan? We were in Costco yesterday and saw that model on sale and it seemed like a good deal. I'm hoping "Santa" brings me one this Christmas.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Super Dave
3rd Gear
I still love it and I have a really cool mounting method for it of which I'll have to post pictures! I used the ash try cup and drilled a small hole on the right side, took off the suction cup mount and screwed it to the cup. Now it sits there out of the way, but visible! Also, I just started a new thread "Under 5000 Miles Club"

Old 12-20-2007, 10:38 AM
suzander
2nd Gear
Yes, definitely post pictures! Assuming "Santa" comes through with the Magellan, I was *thinking* about getting one of those proclip attachments. But we'll see!!