1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 5/6 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:07 PM
08DSMCS
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quesera
Hopefully they were gentle with our MINIs!
I hope so too. Mine was scratched! Went back to the VDC and is still there getting fixed. (I'm a week 4'er).

Old 03-03-2008, 06:09 PM
tjtull
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 08DSMCS
I hope so too. Mine was scratched! Went back to the VDC and is still there getting fixed. (I'm a week 4'er).
Why did they have to send it back to the VDC. Seems like a scratch could be handled at the dealership.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:20 PM
08DSMCS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tjtull
Why did they have to send it back to the VDC. Seems like a scratch could be handled at the dealership.
I know that they do body work at the VDC for cars that are damaged more than a simple scratch. If I remember right, I saw a picture or a video or something where they were replacing a whole roof. But, I would think that the dealership could've handled a scratch.

I'm not sure what the real story is, but that's the one my MA was told. He's been straightforward with me so far, so I have no reason not to believe him. I'm wondering what's really going on at the VDC though. They told my MA last Wednesday that it would be back on a carrier by Friday. He called today and they told him to call back later this week. Who knows what's going on with it... I'm just a little aggravated that it's taking so long to get it headed back this way...

Old 03-04-2008, 03:10 AM
cg1
3rd Gear
I know that they do body work at the VDC for cars that are damaged more than a simple scratch. If I remember right, I saw a picture or a video or something where they were replacing a whole roof. But, I would think that the dealership could've handled a scratch.

I'm not sure what the real story is, but that's the one my MA was told. He's been straightforward with me so far, so I have no reason not to believe him. I'm wondering what's really going on at the VDC though. They told my MA last Wednesday that it would be back on a carrier by Friday. He called today and they told him to call back later this week. Who knows what's going on with it... I'm just a little aggravated that it's taking so long to get it headed back this way...
If it went back to the VDC I doubt they are fixing a scratch, probably replacing the part that was scratched.

Ordered 1/14 ? I ordered in August, after many issues it was reordered 1/1 and I am still waiting.....

Old 03-04-2008, 05:55 AM
oxtox
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
that just sucks. btw, my nav was bad. they are replacing it with a new unit....oh well, that happens. cg, at least i can be the only brg sidewalk in the area for a little while longer . going shopping at helix today gotta keep up with the jcw's.

hang in there! it'll be worth it!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:28 AM
08DSMCS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cg1
If it went back to the VDC I doubt they are fixing a scratch, probably replacing the part that was scratched.

Ordered 1/14 ? I ordered in August, after many issues it was reordered 1/1 and I am still waiting.....
Why'd you have to reorder? Was it your choice or something you were forced to do because things were messed up so bad? What's the latest status on yours? Seems you should have the newly ordered one by now if you ordered on 1/1. Hopefully mine doesn't take that long and hopefully you get yours soon!

Old 03-04-2008, 08:55 AM
cg1
3rd Gear
Oxtox - sorry to hear about the bum nav...at least that should be an easy fix that shouldn't take too long.

08dsmcs - the first one was ordered in August and came in with minor damage that needed to be fixed, then I was otld the EPA had not certified the car yet....after lots of phone call and networking with nameless people, I was told the car was lost at the vdc (but my dealership was never told this). I waited 4 months (9/1 build date) and at the close of 2007 my dealership agreed that we should just reorder. So I re-ordered first thing January and came in on the Elektra with Oxtox's BRG 'vert. I am hoping my car goes to Princeton by the end of this week -- my dealership has asked for a rush on it (obviously) but there is a lot getting done at the VDC.

I did do a car fax on the first order....that car still say's the same thing. Customs 9/23/2007 offered for sale 9/25/2007. There you go -- the nutshell version :-)

Old 03-04-2008, 10:25 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
Sounds like there's a MINI Blackhole out there somewhere. Kind of like a Bermuda Triangle.
I admire your patience. I waited 782 days for my Clubman, but only from Dec. 7 (order date) to Feb. 25th (for delivery).

Old 03-04-2008, 11:15 AM
iamhollyb
2nd Gear
Yippee! My car's been released to the carrier and is now patiently waiting on a truck to bring it to Dallas!

My MA thinks I should be getting behind the wheel on Thursday or Friday!!!!

-Holly

Old 03-04-2008, 11:19 AM
oxtox
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
it gets better!

Old 03-04-2008, 11:19 AM
cg1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by iamhollyb
Yippee! My car's been released to the carrier and is now patiently waiting on a truck to bring it to Dallas!

My MA thinks I should be getting behind the wheel on Thursday or Friday!!!!

-Holly

Good for you Holly ! I guess its Christmas all over again at the end of the week for you !

Old 03-04-2008, 11:49 AM
08DSMCS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cg1
Oxtox - sorry to hear about the bum nav...at least that should be an easy fix that shouldn't take too long.

08dsmcs - the first one was ordered in August and came in with minor damage that needed to be fixed, then I was otld the EPA had not certified the car yet....after lots of phone call and networking with nameless people, I was told the car was lost at the vdc (but my dealership was never told this). I waited 4 months (9/1 build date) and at the close of 2007 my dealership agreed that we should just reorder. So I re-ordered first thing January and came in on the Elektra with Oxtox's BRG 'vert. I am hoping my car goes to Princeton by the end of this week -- my dealership has asked for a rush on it (obviously) but there is a lot getting done at the VDC.

I did do a car fax on the first order....that car still say's the same thing. Customs 9/23/2007 offered for sale 9/25/2007. There you go -- the nutshell version :-)
Wow, what a nightmare!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:09 PM
cg1
3rd Gear
Wow, what a nightmare!
Actually....yes, it was and frustrating too - at the end of the day Princeton Mini took care of me and now I am down to my final week of waiting ....

Old 03-05-2008, 10:08 AM
atit2d
1st Gear
My MA just called and I'm on a truck for delivery to Cincinnati. She thinks I'll probably take delivery on Saturday. Wahoo!!!

Guess I gotta finally get those Christmas decorations up into storage to make more room in the garage!

Old 03-05-2008, 02:09 PM
atit2d
1st Gear
JCW Aero Kit Install

I made the last-minute decision (last night!) to get the JCW Aero Kit, but figured it was too late to get it installed - plus would add another week or so to the delivery, but called my MA to ask if it could be done anyway.

Turns out, the dealer can order the pre-painted parts, have them overnighted, and install them right away in time for my Saturday delivery - PLUS - I saved a few hundred bucks over having them installed at the VDC!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 02:59 PM
cg1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by atit2d
I made the last-minute decision (last night!) to get the JCW Aero Kit, but figured it was too late to get it installed - plus would add another week or so to the delivery, but called my MA to ask if it could be done anyway.

Turns out, the dealer can order the pre-painted parts, have them overnighted, and install them right away in time for my Saturday delivery - PLUS - I saved a few hundred bucks over having them installed at the VDC!!!
Smart move on your part - gives the car a great look !

Old 03-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Quesera
5th Gear
Finally, after days of radio silence. the MINI owner's lounge is listing us as at the VDC! Hopefully, this is old information and we're already truckin' down the highway toward Texas.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:50 AM
tjtull
5th Gear
Finally, after days of radio silence. the MINI owner's lounge is listing us as at the VDC! Hopefully, this is old information and we're already truckin' down the highway toward Texas.
Same here...let's hope we have our MINIs next week...at the latest!!

Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 AM
iamhollyb
2nd Gear
What part of Texas is your car headed toward? Mine is coming to Dallas and it was hopefully getting on a truck yesterday afternoon. I'll email my MA today and find out the latest...

Good luck to both of us!

-holly

Old 03-06-2008, 05:15 AM
tjtull
5th Gear
What part of Texas is your car headed toward? Mine is coming to Dallas and it was hopefully getting on a truck yesterday afternoon. I'll email my MA today and find out the latest...

Good luck to both of us!

-holly
Hey Holly, Was your MINI on the Faust?

Old 03-06-2008, 06:30 AM
iamhollyb
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tjtull
Hey Holly, Was your MINI on the Faust?
No, it was on the K Line, Ingolstadt. I think it was supposed to dock at Charleston 02/28 but it didn't until 03/01 or so. The car was released from the VDC Tuesday and we hoped it would get on a truck that afternoon...I'll email the MA this morning to get the latest from him.

Was yours on the Faust?

-Holly

Old 03-06-2008, 06:32 AM
tjtull
5th Gear
No, it was on the K Line, Ingolstadt. I think it was supposed to dock at Charleston 02/28 but it didn't until 03/01 or so. The car was released from the VDC Tuesday and we hoped it would get on a truck that afternoon...I'll email the MA this morning to get the latest from him.

Was yours on the Faust?

-Holly
Yes, it was on the Faust. I think it docked the same day as yours.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Quesera
5th Gear
Good news from our MA: We were scheduled to go to Wagonner's transport on the 7th, but actually got picked up on the 4th. He thinks they may have the vehicle by the weekend, ready for delivery for sure by Monday.

Bad news: We won't be ready to take delivery until the 17th or so. We're driving up to Arlington from South Texas.

More bad news: the eternal spring we've had in Texas since September appears to be over, as we've had grey days, drizzle, and freezing temps. This week.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:42 PM
jaxterblax
Neutral
We finally got our Clubman last Tuesday. It was to be delivered on Saturday, but some items on the Clubman were not ready. It was rescheduled for Tuesday delivery. However, that was the day that I had knee surgery. The dealer was nice enough to deliver to our door; now that's service

On the bummer side, I still haven't been able to drive the car (or even take some better pictures). Maybe this weekend.?

Attached Thumbnails Week 5/6 Support Group-cbm4.jpg   Week 5/6 Support Group-cbm1.jpg  
Old 03-07-2008, 03:43 PM
iamhollyb
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jaxterblax
We finally got our Clubman last Tuesday. It was to be delivered on Saturday, but some items on the Clubman were not ready. It was rescheduled for Tuesday delivery. However, that was the day that I had knee surgery. The dealer was nice enough to deliver to our door; now that's service

On the bummer side, I still haven't been able to drive the car (or even take some better pictures). Maybe this weekend.?
Oh, my goodness - that is one mighty fine car! I bet it's driving you crazy, not being able to get out in it! I hope your knee is better soon so you can get motoring.

I love the color of that car - it would have been my choice, if I didn't already have a red minivan.

-Holly

Quick Reply: Week 5/6 Support Group