1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 5/6 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:59 PM
MiniRee
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, Oxtox! Yes, it is a sickness, but we all share your pain! Congratulations on your impending MINI-ness; you have chosen well.

OL is useless. For me, it said On Order way after production started and it continues to say Scheduled for Production even now as my MINI waits for a berth on a ship. I called ASK-MINI every couple of days until my car went to the docks. Now I'm waiting for my VIN to show up on WW, but I'm beginning to think I'm on K-line instead.

If what I just said doesn't make sense to you, you should go to the First Gear Forum and look for the sticky on Tracking Your Mini. There is some really good information there that will give you all kinds of ways to scratch around for tiny scraps of evidence that your build is progressing.

Believe me, we share your pain (and joy!)...

Old 01-26-2008, 06:04 PM
iamhollyb
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by oxtox
hi, my name is oxtox and i have a mini problem. on order, one brg mcsc sidewalk. week 6 just can't get here soon enough for me. sadly, the owners lounge still has me "on order," and that cute tune they play when you click on "track my mini" isn't so cute anymore. i envy those of you who've been bumped up! i'm trying to call 866-ask-mini only twice a week for fear that they'll soon block my calls. at least in the meantime i can work on a name. suggestions are welcome.
When did you order your car? We ordered mine on Christmas Eve and it's not set to go into production until the first week of February! I'm going crazy here, people!

I called last week and they told me the same thing...guess I'm in the same boat - having to wait and try to come up with a name...

-Holly

Old 01-26-2008, 06:25 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Don't hesitate to call MINI. I had a talk with one of their operators, asked if he got tired of folks like us checking on their order. He said it was the best part of his job.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:01 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
Originally Posted by iamhollyb
Wow - that's great to know! I was just sitting here wondering how to get the VIN number. Guess I'll give them a call tomorrow!

-Holly
Holly in Texas,
You can get your VIN number on the Owners Lounge. Look at the details of your order and the production and VIN number will be there.

The MINI UK site had a brief note from a factory worker saying the numbers were down for January and they were laying off temporary workers so maybe that is why the orders are being produced sooner. My order went in Dec. 7th and the Clubby was finished on the 15th. I think though that they delayed Clubman production so the cars would not arrive before the official release date.
Hope that helps.

Holly in Arizona

Old 01-28-2008, 05:32 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
ASK MINI says my MINI, which began production 25 Jan at 6:51a.m., will be complete on 31 Jan. Does anyone know how to find information on that limbo they call 'awaiting transportation'?

Old 01-28-2008, 07:45 PM
oxtox
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
still "on order" on line. askmini tells me scheduled for production and should be complete by the end of week 6. btw, i ordered the last week of december. also, no vin ol untill it says "scheduled for production." possible names come and go.....maybe nothing will stick till i lay eyes on her? rrcaniglia, please let us know if you get details on "limbo."

Old 01-29-2008, 08:31 AM
tim781996
6th Gear
Week 5 Clubman order

Hey folks,
I'm kind of jealous of those of you who got bumped up. I ordered my Clubman on December 23rd, and I still have "no confirmed production date". Are we in week 5 now? Or is next week week 5?

Old 01-29-2008, 04:11 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
All I can think of is that MINI might be batching cars with certain fancy features. Nothing else makes sense. I can't see your dealer holding an order. That would not make economic sense, would it?

I got bumped up, but have ordered a plain vanilla car. Only options are multifunction steering wheel, a rear fog light, and upgraded headlights. (Fog light because I don't trust those old folks who are losing their night vision , and hi-output headlights because I am one. )

Have to believe their is a reason behind this apparent madness.

R

Old 01-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Magnify-a-Mini
2nd Gear
Hi Oxtox- I was one of the ones that was bumped up to week 4 (sorry!) But I wouldn't worry about them blocking your calls, any time I called everyone was very nice, and I got a different operator every time.

You can also call after hours- just follow the prompts to get your info.

Have you tried calling your MA to see what they can find out? They might be able to tell you more than askmini.

I too am in the Philly area, and ordered a BRG, but an MC- great color choice!

Best of luck!

Old 01-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Magnify-a-Mini
2nd Gear
PS- I was told by askmini that production was done on Tuesday, but to wait until the end of the week or Monday to ask my MA for more tracking info, such as what boat....that once it's out of production askmini has no more information.

Does that sound right to anyone?

Old 01-29-2008, 05:02 PM
oxtox
6th Gear
lucky! i should clarify that i ordered 1/4/08...just checked with the ma. also, if rrcaniglia is right, i couldn't have made it more complicated...mcs, convertable, sidewalk package and nav! and so, we wait as patiently as possible. names still flickering in and out. somehow, ive determined it's sex though......it's an XX!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 05:41 PM
08DSMCS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rrcaniglia
ASK MINI says my MINI, which began production 25 Jan at 6:51a.m., will be complete on 31 Jan. Does anyone know how to find information on that limbo they call 'awaiting transportation'?
+1. I'm curious about this too. Mine is finishing production tomorrow (1/30).

Old 01-29-2008, 06:31 PM
MiniRee
3rd Gear
Good evening, everyone! My car finished production on 1/25 and has been waiting at the dock since. I am hoping to get onto the Liberty, which leaves on 2-2 and arrives in Charleston, SC on 2-16. TWO MORE WEEKS!! I'll bet some of you will be on the Liberty, too. If so, we should start to get notifications soon through the WW site.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:32 PM
08DSMCS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniRee
Good evening, everyone! My car finished production on 1/25 and has been waiting at the dock since. I am hoping to get onto the Liberty, which leaves on 2-2 and arrives in Charleston, SC on 2-16. TWO MORE WEEKS!! I'll bet some of you will be on the Liberty, too. If so, we should start to get notifications soon through the WW site.
Sorry to hear you've been waiting so long. Hopefully we can all get on the Liberty and be united with our babies soon!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:35 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Is there a way to get the port call schedule for the MINI docks?

Old 01-29-2008, 08:48 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Tracking

I found the attached file on NAM. It has been useful to me. The only addition I can make is in looking for your VIN. The author tells you to right click on the OL tracking page and select SOURCE CODE, then go way down the page to find the VIN, which is there somewhere if you look hard enough. Instead, you can use CTL+F for the FIND function. Put in 'VIN' and you'll jump straight there.

I'm sure there are other instructions out there. I got this from a NAM thread.

Rick

Last edited by rrcaniglia; 04-13-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Wolfgang80
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greetings,

I placed my MCS order on 1/22 and it finished production on 1/29, according to the 866 askMINI number. Today, askMINI says that it is awaiting shipment.

I'm in California, so I'm assuming I have at least 4 weeks before it gets to Bob Smith MINI in Calabasas.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Plaz
3rd Gear
I'm also waiting for a boat, having finished production on 1/29.

Excruciating!

Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 PM
playtowin
2nd Gear
I ordered mine from Bob Smith on Jan 19th, but it isn't scheduled for production until week 6 (Feb 4th). ASKMINI says that sometimes they group cars with similiar options.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Wolfgang80
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When you ordered, did your MA give you a build date?

I was given a 1/29 build date when I placed my order, so I was surprised when I checked yesterday and the recording said that my car was in the paint shop with a scheduled completion of 1/29. I called this morning to see if they meant that only the painting process would be completed and the recording said that the car was finished and waiting for shipment.

Does anyone else here have a car waiting to be transported to Port Hueneme? Any idea on when the boat leaves?

Old 01-30-2008, 02:57 PM
tony1athome
3rd Gear
Hi all,

I've just been told that I'm scheduled for production the week of 2/6. Does that count as production week 6?

Waiting impatiently...

Old 01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
oxtox
6th Gear
technically speaking, week six is 2/4/08 to 2/9/08. you are welcome to tag along!

Old 01-30-2008, 09:23 PM
playtowin
2nd Gear
When I ordered, I was given a printout of the Order Modification Confirmation that showed my vehicle specification and included the Production Number. It also has a status area the says Scheduled for daily production pack and shows a production date of 2008/02/06 which is 2008/Feb/Week 6. OL says On Order and the askMINI recording says Scheduled for Production With No Specific Date. When I get a live person at askMINI, they say it is scheduled for production with an estimated date of Feb 4th and to call back Feb 5-6 for an update.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:13 PM
VintageMac
2nd Gear
Another Week 6 groupie

We ordered "Wanda" on January 15th. She is in production as of yesterday (January 30) and is scheduled for completion on February 4.

Then, since we are on the West Coast, the waiting really begins!

Old 01-31-2008, 08:18 PM
08DSMCS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniRee
I'll bet some of you will be on the Liberty, too. If so, we should start to get notifications soon through the WW site.
I sure hope so, but based upon my conversation with the guy at ASK-MINI tonight, even though my MINI is built and waiting on the dock, it will be there for another week to a week and a half!!

Quick Reply: Week 5/6 Support Group