1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 9 support group

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:53 AM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
How long does it take to get on a boat?!? According to the OL, my mini has been awaiting shipment since 3/2. But there has been no update since then and when I check the WW website, it says no info is available!?! I just called 866-ASK-MINI and they said they no longer see it since it is out of production so I am gonna call my MA later today and she is he has an update for me. So freakin' excited just want an update!!! HAHA

Old 03-10-2008, 10:01 AM
MiniRee
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could be that it is truly still on the dock or it could have loaded on a K-Line ship instead of WW. It usually takes about a week to get on a boat so you should be sailing soon!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:04 AM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
From reading here on NAM, I guess I assumed it was on WW since I am closer to the East Coast (Cincinnati) but I don't know for sure, is there a tracking website for the K-line?

Old 03-10-2008, 10:40 AM
EAVclubbie
2nd Gear
unfortunately not... I'm wondering if my car might be on the Emden. I won't call ASK-MINI, but my MA told me when the production started on 2/26... so Emden is conceivable...
Originally Posted by BMacUC
From reading here on NAM, I guess I assumed it was on WW since I am closer to the East Coast (Cincinnati) but I don't know for sure, is there a tracking website for the K-line?

Old 03-10-2008, 03:35 PM
ltlr-n-u
3rd Gear

if you find out you are on a k-line boat find out the name and call sign and you can track it with this website

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html

Old 03-10-2008, 04:14 PM
SizeDoesMatter
3rd Gear
I'm in Columbus... OH yea it's a weather thing, I love it... NOT! Anyway I'm literally in/on the same boat as you, I think... my car was originally scheduled for the Patriot leaving 2/19 then on 2/25 it was listed as "Returned to Shipper" and Scheduled for the Courage... the Courage sailed today but when I plug my VIN# into the WW site it still shows the same old status... when I put my Booking number in it shows a total of 50 cars all with the same old status.... yours may be one of them? However a call to ASKMINI and a look at my Owners Lounge Status shows me "EN ROUTE"... they could not give me any other information, like ship name etc... So, like you. I'm wondering if I'm on a K-Line ship or as expected I'm actually on the Courage but the WW site hasn't been updated?? I'm confused!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:24 AM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
Just got off the phone with my MA who had a wonderful update for me! My car is coming across the pond as I type! She departed on 3/7 and is scheduled for arrival at the port on 3/20, which means she will arrive at the dealer (hopefully) in the March 25-27 range! I am feeling a bit under the weather today but this has definetely made me feel better

Just another couple weeks...

Old 03-11-2008, 11:10 AM
ltlr-n-u
3rd Gear
Just got off the phone with my MA who had a wonderful update for me! My car is coming across the pond as I type! She departed on 3/7 and is scheduled for arrival at the port on 3/20, which means she will arrive at the dealer (hopefully) in the March 25-27 range! I am feeling a bit under the weather today but this has definetely made me feel better

Just another couple weeks...

thats exactly my schedule keeping my fingers crossed everything goes ok at customs and the distribution center

what boat are you on

Old 03-11-2008, 06:32 PM
HerLBC
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tim781996
I just found that I got moved to the Otello too. Oh well, I can handle the extra few days of waiting.
Add one more day to our wait.
The WW site now shows Otello scheduled to reach New York on 3/16. It was 3/15 last time I checked a day or two ago.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:52 PM
tim781996
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HerLBC
Add one more day to our wait.
The WW site now shows Otello scheduled to reach New York on 3/16. It was 3/15 last time I checked a day or two ago.
That's weird.

Hey, did you check out that 3.49% loan rate at Northeast FCU?

Old 03-11-2008, 07:08 PM
HerLBC
2nd Gear
That's weird.

Hey, did you check out that 3.49% loan rate at Northeast FCU?
Maybe it hit a headwind or something.

I did check that rate and you were right about it, but there were two catches for me. First they added .25 percent unless you got their Visa card, and they added another .25 percent unless you have direct deposit of your paycheck with them. I don't want another credit card and my paycheck is already direct deposited in my current bank, so it was really 3.99 percent to me.
Still a good deal and I was going to go in and fill out the forms tomorrow, but the finance person at the dealer called today and offered 3.95 percent and I don't have to do any other paperwork. It's approved and good to go.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:28 PM
tim781996
6th Gear
MunjoyMni said that the dealer called him today, also. He lives in Scarborough, ME. They told him our MINIs should be there by Good Friday. No one has called me.

I guess we were already meeting the requirements for 3.49 since our current MINI is financed through them. My wife has a credit card with them, but she has never used it. And she only has enough of her paycheck deposited to cover the payment, and the rest goes into BOA.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:56 AM
HerLBC
2nd Gear
MunjoyMni said that the dealer called him today, also. He lives in Scarborough, ME. They told him our MINIs should be there by Good Friday. No one has called me.

I guess we were already meeting the requirements for 3.49 since our current MINI is financed through them. My wife has a credit card with them, but she has never used it. And she only has enough of her paycheck deposited to cover the payment, and the rest goes into BOA.
I'm glad everything fell in place for you and you could get that rate. After 25 years here our home mortgage is over in November so we'll be able to pay the Mini off pretty quickly and the extra .5 percent won't add up to too much.

If you already told me, I've forgotten. Are you also getting a Clubman? And how about MunjoyMini? Another Clubman? We could start a northern New England Clubman owners group.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:05 AM
tim781996
6th Gear
Yes, we're getting a Hot Chocolate, and MunjoyMini is getting a BRG Clubman S.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:42 AM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
My MA didn't tell me what boat I was on, and I forgot to ask. I guess I was too excited to hear that she will be here in the next couple weeks, I will have to call back and find out. I'm pretty sure I am not on a WW line though b/c it keeps telling me there is no info available when I put my VIN number in, anyone else have this problem but knew you were actually on a WW boat????

Old 03-12-2008, 05:55 PM
HerLBC
2nd Gear
Yes, we're getting a Hot Chocolate, and MunjoyMini is getting a BRG Clubman S.
Cool. We can have a color parade.
My Clubman is LiB/Silver. The '03 Cooper is Chili Red/White and my MGB is BRG

Old 03-12-2008, 05:58 PM
ltlr-n-u
3rd Gear
My MA didn't tell me what boat I was on, and I forgot to ask. I guess I was too excited to hear that she will be here in the next couple weeks, I will have to call back and find out. I'm pretty sure I am not on a WW line though b/c it keeps telling me there is no info available when I put my VIN number in, anyone else have this problem but knew you were actually on a WW boat????

i kept putting in my vin# and wendesday was on the kline boat which is headed to charleston...maybe you are getting shipped with k-line?

Old 03-12-2008, 06:14 PM
SizeDoesMatter
3rd Gear
Well Monday I received tons of new information, a morning call to my dealer brought great news... my car is going to be in Port Charleston on the 16th, only 4 days from now. With that information I was able to extrapolate that I'm on the Ship Emden.... which is doing one heck of a job reporting in about every six hours, thus leaving red dots across the beautiful blue Atlantic... so I'm able to pick up its track very easily here: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=3ERP5

Old 03-13-2008, 05:38 AM
SizeDoesMatter
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ltlr-n-u
wow otello checks in alot more often then EMDEN, that boat has not updated its position today :P
And the race is on its Otello by a nose... but Emden is picking up speed... and Courage is having trouble at the gate....

Attached Thumbnails Week 9 support group-otello-emden.jpg  
Old 03-13-2008, 06:25 AM
ltlr-n-u
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SizeDoesMatter
And the race is on its Otello by a nose... but Emden is picking up speed... and Courage is having trouble at the gate....

hehehe silly glad our MINIs are shipmates and thats awesome I was guessing about 5 more days to get to charleston yesterday as fast as emden is going

Old 03-13-2008, 06:44 AM
SizeDoesMatter
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ltlr-n-u
hehehe silly glad our MINIs are shipmates and thats awesome I was guessing about 5 more days to get to charleston yesterday as fast as emden is going
You're in for a surprise... The Edmen is steaming right for Charleston... no NY,NY or Baltimore she lands 3/16, three days from now... we are looking at getting our cars maybe on the first day of Spring 3/21... I think that would be nice... new beginnings and all!

Old 03-13-2008, 11:16 AM
TUDOR II
1st Gear
BREAKING NEWS : OTELLO : A Minor Disaster!!!

Last seen on approach to Halifax harbour, the cargo ship "Otello" has apparently run into some kind of problem....

Attached Thumbnails Week 9 support group-disaster-strikes-the-mini.jpg   Week 9 support group-47d92944_349e_0.jpg  

Last edited by TUDOR II; 03-13-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:39 AM
HerLBC
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TUDOR II
Last seen on approach to Halifax harbour, the cargo ship "Otello" has apparently run into some kind of problem....
Funny, Tudor II. I love Photoshop.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:18 PM
ltlr-n-u
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TUDOR II

lol i about fell out of my chair laughing seriously at first i was like OH NO! but then i saw the pic hahaha

Old 03-13-2008, 06:50 PM
ImolaS54
2nd Gear
almost here....

Quick Reply: Week 9 support group