1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered My MINI

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:30 PM
dvlnsyde
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered My MINI

Hello MINIphiles,

I ordered my H/C Clubman, last week!! I have wanted a MINI for the past 4 years. I am so close to getting one of my dream cars! I am glad I found NAM. I had no idea there was such a HUGE following for these little guys. I have appreciated all of the comments and insights I have read so far. I hope to someday achieve the level where I can help out a new MINI owner.

Does anyone currently know the time frame for MINI delivery? I am tooo excited. I have to slap myself and say "it's just a car, you've waited this long, you can wait another 2 months". Does that sound familiar too anyone?

Anyway . . . . look forward to sharing!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:10 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM, dvlnsyde! Where are you located? There are a number of threads discussing the timetable of ordering through delivery. It's been 5 years since I ordered my current MINI, so I'm a little rusty about the process.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:13 PM
k6rtm
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome!

You've gone through the "Tracking your Mini" post, haven't you? Your production number (which you'll get in an e-mail and might have on some dealer paperwork already) will get you started with the process. As many others will tell you, calling 866-ask-mini (weekdays if you want to talk to a live person, any time if you'll settle for the automated system) is usually more accurate than checking the owner's lounge area of the mini site.

I ordered mine on 2/21, and it leaves Southampton on 3/4, arriving on the West Coast on 3/24. Then the real waiting starts!

Cheers--

Old 03-03-2008, 09:20 PM
dvlnsyde
1st Gear
Hey MINIclo, I am in SoCal. Made my order on 2/28. Right after I posted, I found a couple of threads which gave GREAT detail on how to track my MINI.
According to k6rtm it takes about 6 weeks to arrive in the west. Hopefully that's true. I put my car up for sale on Friday and sold it today. Now I have to figure out a mode of transport until my H/C MINI arrives.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:21 PM
old81
M6
Welcome to NAM and you getting your MINI.

You will find lots of folks just starting the order process. On an recent order it appears it is taking between 4 to 6 weeks depending on where you are located.

Find some folks with the same build week and share the experience.

Once you have your VIN and perhaps a call to you MA for some details, you will have a great time waiting and planning.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:25 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Originally Posted by dvlnsyde
Hey MINIclo, I am in SoCal. Made my order on 2/28. Right after I posted, I found a couple of threads which gave GREAT detail on how to track my MINI.
According to k6rtm it takes about 6 weeks to arrive in the west. Hopefully that's true. I put my car up for sale on Friday and sold it today. Now I have to figure out a mode of transport until my H/C MINI arrives.
I'm in West Los Angeles, dvlnsyde. Who did you order from?

Old 03-03-2008, 09:49 PM
dvlnsyde
1st Gear
I actually ordered from a Sacramento dealer. I am in Bakersfield (Bako).
I tried several dealers in the LA area, but the premiums for the Clubman ranged from $2k - 5k (plus MSRP). That was to crazy for me. I got in touch with the Sac dealer and worked out a great deal. Plus, I have family up there I can visit and show off my new ride when it arrives.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:56 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
I actually ordered from a Sacramento dealer. I am in Bakersfield (Bako).
I tried several dealers in the LA area, but the premiums for the Clubman ranged from $2k - 5k (plus MSRP). That was to crazy for me. I got in touch with the Sac dealer and worked out a great deal. Plus, I have family up there I can visit and show off my new ride when it arrives.
Long Beach MINI charges MSRP -- I've bought two MINIs from them. I'm guessing you checked with Bob Smith and Universal. Sorry they were marked up...drag.

You going with Niello? There are a lot of nice MINI folks in Sacto...you ought to let them know when you're taking delivery and meet some of them.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:59 AM
tim781996
6th Gear
I suggest renting a POS like a Chevy Aveo or a Ford Focus (slightly better). It'll make the MINI seem so much nicer when it comes in... not that it needs any help.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:39 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Hey, I ordered 2/22. When you get your production # from your dealer, if they didn't tell you, call 866-ASK-MINI to find your production week. The week they state is the week your Mini should be completed.

I am scheduled for week 12 and just started a thread in the "1st Gear" forum, called "Week 12 Support Group." If you find out you're part of that group, please join in! If not, other weeks are also listed there, and you can track your baby and check in with other "parents" until arrival!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 PM
CooperS_Pnut
2nd Gear
Congrats!
I ordered mine on 3/2 and received my production number today. I hope it only takes about 6 weeks, that'd be awesome!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats dvlnsyde - welcome to NAM and the MINI world.... We'll all be here awaiting your big delivery day...

Donna