1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WEEK 12 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 06:18 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the delay; been so busy bonding with "Max" I haven't had the chance to show you what he looks like! Here's a couple quickies snapped on delivery day. As soon as we get the opportunity, we'll take some better more detailed shots and post them. As far as I can tell, the computer doesn't capture his true beauty (in terms of color), but you'll get the idea. So far, he's gotten raves from everyone who's seem him! We'll be having the windows tinted next week.

Hang on everyone; trust me, the wait will be soooooo worth it !!!

Attached Thumbnails WEEK 12 Support Group-practice-031-medium-.jpg   WEEK 12 Support Group-practice-033-medium-.jpg   WEEK 12 Support Group-practice-036-medium-.jpg  
Old 04-12-2008, 06:30 PM
harold47
3rd Gear
All I can say Is WOW.
What a great car and delivery experience. Couldn't figure out the Nav or all the settings, but just finished reading the manual- so I guess in time i'll remeber some of the stuff.

Took pictures, will post tmw- if I can figure out how to post them.

BIG SURPRISE!!!!!!! Seems my wife - the best on the planet- got in touch with MINI and somehow got all the guys and gals on the line who built my car to sign under the hood!!!!
You should have seen my face- I still can't believe it.

When the MA was doing his delivery to me, when he opened the hood- he was more shcoked than me- seems no one knew it was done- I think his first reaction was - in his head- oh my god, someone graffiti'd under the hood- until I realized what it was and started yelling for my wife to come out and take a look- I still can't beleive it.

Anyway, will post pictures of the signed hood tmw too- again if my senior not computer savy brain will figure out how to post them.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:15 PM
harold47
3rd Gear
some pictures- not waxed yet

Attached Thumbnails WEEK 12 Support Group-100_1060.jpg   WEEK 12 Support Group-100_1058.jpg   WEEK 12 Support Group-100_1067.jpg  
Old 04-12-2008, 07:17 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by harold47
All I can say Is WOW.
What a great car and delivery experience. Couldn't figure out the Nav or all the settings, but just finished reading the manual- so I guess in time i'll remeber some of the stuff.

Took pictures, will post tmw- if I can figure out how to post them.

BIG SURPRISE!!!!!!! Seems my wife - the best on the planet- got in touch with MINI and somehow got all the guys and gals on the line who built my car to sign under the hood!!!!

When the MA was doing his delivery to me, when he opened the hood- he was more shcoked than me- seems no one knew it was done- I think his first reaction was - in his head- oh my god, someone graffiti'd under the hood- until I realized what it was and started yelling for my wife to come out and take a look- I still can't beleive it.

Anyway, will post pictures of the signed hood tmw too- again if my senior not computer savy brain will figure out how to post them.
Congrats, harold47! What a great surprise; that makes your car truly unique! I haven't even read the manual yet - been too busy playing around getting familiar with where everything is and what it does!

BTW, what color are your little round button-faces on your multi-function steering wheel (volume up & down, station up & down, and cruise)? Ours are all silver, as opposed to the black faces over silver multi-function button clusters I've seen on all the other models in the showroom to date. Our MA said our was the very first one to come in that way and they will all be completely silver going forward. Don't know the reason for the change; just thought it was unusual and very noticeable . I also noticed mine matched the ones in the brochure. Just curious.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:19 PM
harold47
3rd Gear
more pics.

Attached Thumbnails WEEK 12 Support Group-100_1072.jpg   WEEK 12 Support Group-100_1071.jpg   WEEK 12 Support Group-100_1068.jpg  
Old 04-12-2008, 07:21 PM
harold47
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 3DogDepot
Congrats, harold47! What a great surprise; that makes your car truly unique! I haven't even read the manual yet - been too busy playing around getting familiar with where everything is and what it does!

BTW, what color are your little round button-faces on your multi-function steering wheel (volume up & down, station up & down, and cruise)? Ours are all silver, as opposed to the black faces over silver multi-function button clusters I've seen on all the other models in the showroom to date. Our MA said our was the very first one to come in that way and they will all be completely silver going forward. Don't know the reason for the change; just thought it was unusual and very noticeable . I also noticed mine matched the ones in the brochure. Just curious.
Thanks.

Mine are silver too. Didn't know they used to be black- silver makes more sense I guess, as it stands out- easier to see.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:09 PM
boostednorm
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 3DogDepot
Sorry for the delay; been so busy bonding with "Max" I haven't had the chance to show you what he looks like! Here's a couple quickies snapped on delivery day. As soon as we get the opportunity, we'll take some better more detailed shots and post them. As far as I can tell, the computer doesn't capture his true beauty (in terms of color), but you'll get the idea. So far, he's gotten raves from everyone who's seem him! We'll be having the windows tinted next week.

Hang on everyone; trust me, the wait will be soooooo worth it !!!
NICE! Yes, it seems its hard to properly capture and present this color adequately on a computer monitor. I find it much more reflective and darker in person than is typically represented online.

Oh.. is that my MINI behind yours in the third picture?

Last edited by boostednorm; 04-12-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:12 PM
boostednorm
3rd Gear
more pics.
Nice color combo! Your previous pictures made it appear you had a white body with a grey top and mirrors but these clearly show a black top and mirrors.

Congratuations and how unique that is to have the builders sign your car... very cool.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:25 AM
steaming79
4th Gear
wow. that beats a mod any day...... thats just too awesome. time to clearcoat that signed sucker!

Old 04-13-2008, 03:53 AM
harold47
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by steaming79
wow. that beats a mod any day...... thats just too awesome. time to clearcoat that signed sucker!
Thanks. Going to buy a can of clearcoat and spray it today. Was thinking the heat may melt/fade the signatures in time?? Do you think if I get a can of Clearcoat at the local auto parts plce and spray the under hood I can csrew something up?

Old 04-13-2008, 04:41 AM
GemsCoop
2nd Gear
Congratulations Harold! Your color combo looks great!
STELLAAAA...

Old 04-13-2008, 05:29 AM
William Blake
4th Gear
cool!

Old 04-13-2008, 06:07 AM
Otra
6th Gear
That signature piece is excellent! Watch out - MINI may start adding it as an official option soon!

Looking forward to seeing a Laser blue in real life. Very nice!

Old 04-13-2008, 06:29 AM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Wow! Those clubmans look teriffic! Love the beige leather with the pepper white. The sigs under the hood are a wonderful idea. Your wife is very special to do something so thoughtful ... Buy her one, too!

Old 04-13-2008, 07:46 AM
harold47
3rd Gear
yes, she is special. She'll prob. use it more than I will, she loves it!

Still trying to figure out if I should spray clear coat over the signatures, any thoughts?

Old 04-13-2008, 01:08 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
yes, she is special. She'll prob. use it more than I will, she loves it!

Still trying to figure out if I should spray clear coat over the signatures, any thoughts?
I wish I knew the answer to that one. I'm a newbie in learning mode ... The signatures may not hold up over time, but, on the other hand would the spray-on clear coat? ... engine heat, etc., may be too much for it. It might be helpful to post this as a new thread/question, with photos on the Minis in General area of this site. Maybe some more experienced folks could lend their expertise?

Old 04-13-2008, 02:27 PM
harold47
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CarolinaCooper
I wish I knew the answer to that one. I'm a newbie in learning mode ... The signatures may not hold up over time, but, on the other hand would the spray-on clear coat? ... engine heat, etc., may be too much for it. It might be helpful to post this as a new thread/question, with photos on the Minis in General area of this site. Maybe some more experienced folks could lend their expertise?

Thanks. Just posted new threads, hope I will get some help.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:18 AM
boostednorm
3rd Gear
I hope the clear coat works. That has got to be the coolest most unique mod ever particularly since no one can get it after market.

How in the world did your wife get them to do that??

The OL finally shows that my car is at the dealership. And though my MA says it should be ready sometime late this week I'm still hoping for Wednesday evening. I'm so ready for my MINI.

I've reread the 07 downloadable owners manual... particularly the automatic air conditioning because I was reading how people hate it but it doesn't appear to be much different from my Oldsmobile Intrigue's system which I love. The MINI's even saves your temperture settings per key fob. How cool is that?

Old 04-14-2008, 02:40 PM
MBX5
4th Gear
some pictures- not waxed yet
I'm on vacation in Palm beach right now and was at Braman Sat. too bad I didn't see your car and the hood. That is a nice part of Mini memorabilia you have now. The other cool thing about that dealer was all the pinstripes they do on the cars.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:47 PM
harold47
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MBX5
I'm on vacation in Palm beach right now and was at Braman Sat. too bad I didn't see your car and the hood. That is a nice part of Mini memorabilia you have now. The other cool thing about that dealer was all the pinstripes they do on the cars.
Have an appt to get pin stripes tmw.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:43 PM
MBX5
4th Gear
They look so sharp. My mother-in-law just picked up her conv. S and she is going to drive back from Tampa to have them put on.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:23 PM
boostednorm
3rd Gear
Well, today I went to have my trade in appraised and got to see my new MINI on the lift. They've installed the driving lights and the lighted door sills.

Good news is that the trade in value was what I wanted. Bad news is that the driving lights they installed were black edged instead of the chrome ones. The black ones do look nice but that's not what I ordered. I was going for the chrome look not the black out look. MA's gonna see about having that switched out. He told the service guys I wanted the black covers and they come with the black edged one as opposed to the white covers that go with the chrome. Anyways, I hope they straighten that out. Then they have to put on the clear bra and detail the car and it should be all set to go. MA said as early as EOD Wednesday. *crossing fingers*

I took some pictures of "Bruiser" as he was on the lift since it'll probably be the last time I ever see the under carriage so clean.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:51 AM
boostednorm
3rd Gear
Omg omg omg... todays the day. Charlie, my MA, told me yesterday that I can expect a call today when I can pick up my car today. I took the day off so I can get acquainted with my new MINI. I'm so excited.

The story on the driving lights is that the white covers go with the chrome housing and the black covers go with the black housing. I wish I could mix and match as I'd prefer black covers on the chrome housing since I have black bonnet stripes. Well, perhaps the white pinstripe of the bonnet stripes will make them look okay. Or maybe I can just paint them... chrome color perhaps. Or maybe I'll find someone looking for the white ones and we can swap.

Oh well, maybe I'll just get clear vinyl protection and be done with it.

I'll post pictures of Bruiser when I get him. I might change his name after seeing him. Maybe he's a she?!?!

Old 04-16-2008, 10:00 AM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Woo-hoo! Wonderful! Can you at least get a few pics uploaded to the gallery when you get it home? Would love to see. I bet the lights will look great in black ...

Old 04-16-2008, 11:01 AM
boostednorm
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CarolinaCooper
Woo-hoo! Wonderful! Can you at least get a few pics uploaded to the gallery when you get it home? Would love to see. I bet the lights will look great in black ...
I guess I wasn't clear but what I'm getting is white covers on the chrome housing.

Yes, I'll be taking lots of pictures at the dealership and maybe a few in other places. I'll post tonight or tomorrow.

Quick Reply: WEEK 12 Support Group