1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard TRIANON!!! Departing SH 3/13/08 (FINALLY!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Ivygirl702
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update for me: still no Lucy.

My husband called the dealer yesterday to confirm they had the car and the girl said yes, it was there, confirmed our names and car color/options, etc. She told him as soon as our MA got in, he would be calling.

Fast forward several hours later, still no call. My husband called again, and this time, talked to our MA. He said that he doesn't know why anyone has been telling us the car is there because it's not. It's on the way, but he doesn't know when it's going to get there. "Could be today, could be tomorrow".

Well, it wasn't yesterday. I hope it's today. Tomorrow, I have class and won't be able to pick up my car until Tuesday.

I'm so irritated that there would be a miscommunication as big as this! I understand that it happens, but two different people telling us that the car is here when it's not?! Bad form.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:51 AM
caulyne
4th Gear
Well, a good thing I can stay up in Phoenix for a few more days-- my car doesn't have the clear bra on yet-- but we were half way here on Sat a.m. (dog and baby in tow) when my MA called to say they couldn't get it done on Friday. Isn't that something they would have know by 5 p.m. on Friday? Grr. Still taking delivery today, but will have to take it by the clear bra place Mon or Tues. Good thing my parents enjoy having their grandchild around, and good thing I telecommute, so my actual location doesn't matter as much!! hehe Not sure they're going to get a good survey from me...

Old 04-13-2008, 01:01 PM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Originally Posted by caulyne
Compiled from other posts: things to look for on delivery: ...
  • Please keep the sticker intact.
  • Has the cold start software update been applied?
Caulyne, this is wonderful! I printed this list. I do have a couple of questions ... the two items I retained in your quote above. Could you elaborate?

Many thanks for compiling this list. Should be a sticky!

Old 04-13-2008, 05:53 PM
caulyne
4th Gear
The window sticker, listing options, etc.

And if you look for the "cold start clatter" threads, you'll see that.. which is what I assume that that is referencing.

Honestly, I didn't go item for item... But my delivery wasn't as involved as I hoped.. which is a whole other story, but no matter.. I have my mini, we'll see if I get my clear bra done in a reasonable amount of time.

No need for sticky-- really it is just a combo of to threads that I found pretty easily searching for delivery checklist. The second was really for cabrios, but I think I deleted things that were cabrio specific.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:45 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for that Caulyne!! I've created my own Excel File and Word Doc. so that nothing will be left out!!
Glad you FINALLY got your MINI, sorry the Dealer seems to be so uncaring.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:07 AM
caulyne
4th Gear
I'm sure there will be more soon.. but here's some quickie shots...

Giant center speedo.

(And that would be my little brother's project car: the arctic cammo E30... Still visiting my parent's house while we wait on the clear bra to be installed...)

Old 04-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Ivygirl702
4th Gear
Caulyne -- Very cute, I love the BRG! I'm so jealous.

Still no word on Lucy. Now, the dealer won't even return our phone calls. My husband is going to "drop in" today after work [seeing as I have class tonight].

I even told our MA how people who were on my boat and in other states have already gotten their cars.

I'm starting to think they sold it on accident and now they are trying to find one at another dealer. Whatever happens, I can assure you that the first thing I'll do is check the VIN!

Last edited by Ivygirl702; 04-14-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:42 PM
tigermann
1st Gear
Ivygirl,

I know the feeling - TheEnglishGuy's car, on the same boat, going to the same dealer (Long Beach) had his car Friday night and I have yet to hear anything. even MINIUSA says mine is at the dealer.

But I figure they want their commission as much as I want the car so either my car stayed a little longer at VDC, caught a later truck, or dealer-added extras are taking time, or my MA is off somewhere....

Cheers

Old 04-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Ivygirl702
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tigermann
Ivygirl,

I know the feeling - TheEnglishGuy's car, on the same boat, going to the same dealer (Long Beach) had his car Friday night and I have yet to hear anything. even MINIUSA says mine is at the dealer.

But I figure they want their commission as much as I want the car so either my car stayed a little longer at VDC, caught a later truck, or dealer-added extras are taking time, or my MA is off somewhere....

Cheers
I have a problem with patience! My hubby just got done meeting with our MA and the sales manager. They showed him that my car is listed as being at the VDC. Basically, we are at the mercy of the shipping company. Whenever they decide to bring her down, I'll have her!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:25 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Geeezzzzzzz...Tigermann and Ivygirl, I can't believe this is going on!! You are both Bigger than I am. I have NO patience either so I would probably be blowing off my MINI if I didn't know where she was!! Once it does show up do an Extra Long Inspection to be sure nothing is out of place. Keep us posted too. Our thoughts are with you!!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Ivygirl702
4th Gear
Thanks for the support RJK! I'm irritated, but also tired of this b.s. Who ever heard of a business allowing the shipping company to dictate what cargo ships when? Very odd.

Makes me not want to do any of my future service at that dealership.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:33 PM
tigermann
1st Gear
OK, finally broke down and called Long Beach this morning.....and what do you know, the car is in - just waiting to add some accessories I asked for. They could have let me know....still sounds fishy, but anyway, getting her tonight or tomorrow morning.

BTW, one of the things I was having the dealer install is the Clubman illuminated union jack rear barn door sill - until my MA said it was $300 plus $600 to install!! He said something about having to disassemble and re-wire the back. Had to pass on that one. I have seen the sill itself for around $250 elsewhere. Hopefully something I can do myself later.

Pix soon, cheers

Old 04-15-2008, 07:28 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Tigermann are you and Ivygirl getting your MINIs from the same Dealer?? Can you snoop around and see if you can locate hers?? I ceratinly feel for both of you having to wait without knowing what's been going on. Ivygirl702...CALL YOUR MA YOURSELF AND GIVE HIM/HER HECK!!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Ivygirl702
4th Gear
RJK -- Tigermann is getting is car in Long Beach, mine is coming to Escondido [San Diego]. I wish they were going to the same dealer, I'd almost pay money to get some reconnaissance!

And, I'm afraid to call my MA myself because at this point, I can't be held accountable for what comes out of my mouth!!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:43 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Thought I'd try and help. Ivygirl I can't believe the Dealer is laying the blame on the shipping co. if it is at the VDC then the Dealer has ALL the information about where your car is...they have to!!! It would only take a phone call from them. Any other NAMers dealing with the same Dealership??
I can't blame you for thinking awful thoughts about them and what you might say, heck if I could I'd be happy to give them a piece of my mind for you!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Ivygirl702
4th Gear
The two guys that my husband talked to last night said that they've both made phone calls to the VDC and left messages. Our MA's exact words were "We get three trucks a day and we're just waiting for your car to show up".

But they can't give me any information about when it's going to get here because they "don't know". It is "whenever the shipping company decides to bring it down".

But, I appreciate the help!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:21 PM
caulyne
4th Gear
Call the sales manager, or call the general manager and get an answer. I had to stay in Phoenix to get the clear bra done, and decided that I was going to vent a little to the sales manager about my experience. I know that I want customer feedback on their experience with the sales people as the de facto sales manager in my company... so, I had a little chat. I have to say that Debi was great.

Make the call, settle for nothing less than an answer.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:30 AM
tigermann
1st Gear
Picked up the Clubbie last night (FINALLY!!!!)

Got home and looked in the glove box and found the dealer prep checklist, dated last Friday - so the nuckleheads had it all weekend. Only thing I can guess is they were waiting on ordered accessories I asked for.

But the drive home will be worth the wait, Ivygirl.

I would post pix but its just like every other Lightning Blue / Silver Clubman with stripes. Only thing different I ordered is the Piano Black interior line - seems every other one I've seen has the Brushed Aluminum.

Anyway, cheers and motor on shipmates!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Ivygirl702
4th Gear
Congrats tigermann! I think you should post pictures, it's different from every other Clubman out there: it's yours.

And Caulyne -- One of the men my husband talked to was the sales manager.

I'm getting more and more irritated as the days go on and I'm not hearing anything. I've been looking at the message boards in the OL and have seen a couple of people: same boat, same dealer, picked up their cars 2-3 days after port. I still think something happened or they sold my car.

Last edited by Ivygirl702; 04-16-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:26 AM
caulyne
4th Gear
Go to the GM. Or, if you want to get really nasty, find out who owns the dealership and complain to them. There is no excuse for the lack of information/ complete disinformation. Explain that you're completely disappointed with your MINI experience at this point, and you want to know what they're going to do to fix it.

Keep going up a level until you have an answer. Raise bloody hell!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:46 AM
caulyne
4th Gear
Oh.. and I think you'll all get a laugh out of these:

Of course, he crumpled his shirt here:

Old 04-16-2008, 10:04 AM
CarolinaCooper
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Ivygirl702
Congrats tigermann! I think you should post pictures, it's different from every other Clubman out there: it's yours.

And Caulyne -- One of the men my husband talked to was the sales manager.

I'm getting more and more irritated as the days go on and I'm not hearing anything. I've been looking at the message boards in the OL and have seen a couple of people: same boat, same dealer, picked up their cars 2-3 days after port. I still think something happened or they sold my car.
Ivygirl, I haven't read the complete thread on your situation, but did you get the name and info on the shipping company? Maybe attack it from the other direction and call them for an answer? Forgive me, if this has already been addressed in an earlier post.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:08 PM
mini on
4th Gear
My MINI came in on the Toronto.I sold cars for 8 years give yourselves and your new car good karma. Sounds like there's a few folks that aren't happy and haven't even picked up their car yet. Weird When I was at the dealership my salesman was trying to explain things to me,I was excited I know I wan't getting all he said. Give your dealer time to get your car ready,have your salesman help you set it up get out of the dealership asap and enjoy your new ride It really is about the karma

Old 04-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Ivygirl702
4th Gear
Carolina -- No, I haven't tried getting the shipping company info. I'm not sure the dealer would give it to me.

Caulyne -- Could he be any cuter? How old is he and what is his name?

I told my husband I would give it until the end of this week without contacting anyone [or making him do it]. If I don't have my car by Saturday, I'm going to the dealer myself and raising hell!!

Old 04-16-2008, 04:22 PM
caulyne
4th Gear
Honestly, get the GM on the phone (or ask for their email) NOW, expressing your displeasure, and I'm sure you'll get more swag out of it than I did sitting down with the sales manager after I took delivery expressing my frustrations after the fact. (Keychain, thermal mug, sunshade).

Seriously, the object isn't to get free stuff. The object is to get the customer service that these dealerships stake their reputations (and therefore their business) on, and nothing less.

Talk about how you're disappointed in the "mini experience" right now, and how you're hoping that when you finally are able to take delivery, that it meets the standard that you've read about here. Express that this isn't like buying just another car, and that you're just not happy with the level of customer service you're receiving. You understand that they can't get your car there any faster, BUT they can be more proactive in their communications with you, and can strive to keep you informed and provide accurate information.

(And that would be my 4 1/2 month old, Gavin. He is HUGE for his age (almost 17 lbs and in the 99th percentile for height. No idea how that happened!) but we keep telling him that the mini is only for mommies and Gavin's, not for daddies! My husband doesn't appreciate that!)

Quick Reply: All Aboard TRIANON!!! Departing SH 3/13/08 (FINALLY!!!)