1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newest Pepper White Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 06:11 AM
jhayd11
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newest Pepper White Owner

I have recently acquired my 2008 Pepper white MCS, Pics to come.

UPDATE:

I feel a bit guilty , because I did not buy it new. I bought it from a Mercedes Dealer who had it proudly displayed in their main show lot(why because its awesome) It was sitting in between an SLK and a new C class looking like the bulldog it was.

Couple of opinion questions for ya.

ONE: Was it wrong for me to go used, I feel I had to save it from being stuck on that lot any longer?

TWO: Should I be really concerned that it has 4000 miles and is only 3 months old?

THREE: How do I go about checking it maintenance logs, and make sure its still under warranty?

Last edited by jhayd11; 03-31-2008 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Added Pic
Old 03-31-2008, 06:41 AM
tim781996
6th Gear
No, no, and see your local MINI dealer.

There is nothing wrong with buying a used MINI. They all need loving homes.

All MINIs come with a 4 year/50K mile warranty... used or new. You also get 3 year/36k maintenance, which includes free oil changes.

Enjoy your Pepper White!

Old 03-31-2008, 06:54 AM
jhayd11
2nd Gear
I am so jealous you have a hot chocolate clubman, I wish they made the MCS that way, then I would waste alot more on the interior.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:06 AM
NashvilleMiniStan
5th Gear
I would go ahead and change the oil. MINI will not pay for it; however it cheap insurance. You don't know how the other person drove it.
Here are two good threads on how to change it.
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ght=oil+change

This other one is in the PDF that you have to down load and print.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/alliance

Old 03-31-2008, 08:26 AM
ARTSJCW
6th Gear
Congratulations.... a used MINI's now loved by an enthusiast; I am certain you made a great choice!!

Old 03-31-2008, 08:27 AM
ARTSJCW
6th Gear
PS
Great color choice!!! You could put hot chocolate stripes on the car if you like hot chocolate that much!

Old 03-31-2008, 08:47 AM
jhayd11
2nd Gear
I wish, but its a black top. Pepper white black and brown just won't work out... I am going to get the black stripes on it though. should I go to the dealer for that?

Old 03-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your new MINI is a real beauty...congratulations! I love the wheels and painted calipers. I recommend checking out the PW Peerage (see link in my sig), introduce yourself over there, and request a peerage number for fun and posterity.

FWIW, I purchased my '05 MINI in August of '06 with ~5K miles on the odometer and have never regretted the decision. Other than a few well-known, minor quirks common to my year group it has been reliable and more fun than I could have imagined. The most likely scenario is that the original owner changed demographics or just decided that the MINI didn't fit their lifestyle. It is in far better hands now!

Now, the big danger is if/when you start down the modding path--forever will it dominate your destiny.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:38 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 123 Likes on 108 Posts
The previous owner was probably a car enthusiast -- nice aftermarket 18" wheels and the red brakes may be JCW. I would go to a MINI dealer and have them pull the service records on the car. At 4000 miles, nothing might have been done so far, or some problems serviced. They can also give you a list of the factory and dealer installed options.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 AM
dmouton
Neutral
Even newer pepper white owner

Just got mine Thursday. Planned to order a manual but there was an automatic on the lot that was everything I wanted otherwise, and I was too impatient to wait. Drove the automatic and it seemed fine for me.

This is my first post. Don't know how to do all the fancy stuff and haven't taken any photos yet, but I've been out driving in Chicago's jungle of potholes and I LOVE MY NEW CAR!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:49 AM
dmouton
Neutral
jhayd11: I agree with comment above - those are some awesome rims.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:50 AM
jhayd11
2nd Gear
as for ride roughness yeah its stiff, but I will tell you there isn't a road in worse condition than falls church route 7. they dug out the road by four inches, and left a huge seems. It is a nightmare doing anything but 10mph, but the mini handles it just fine... I am worried about the rims w/ low profile though.

automatic is surprisingly fast. Roadfly.com had the auto beat the manual in the 1/4mile every time.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:52 AM
dmouton
Neutral
Aahhh, another great factoid I can annoy my husband with. He likes cars with much higher horsepower.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:55 AM
dmouton
Neutral
BTW, are you using the iPod adaptor at all? I have the version that comes with the convenience package and I've been using it, but have some questions.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:57 AM
jhayd11
2nd Gear
I am right there with you... I posted about this in the coupe talk, and haven't gotten word back.. I can't get my ipod playlists to show, just album artist ect.

whats you questions.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jhayd11
as for ride roughness yeah its stiff, but I will tell you there isn't a road in worse condition than falls church route 7. they dug out the road by four inches, and left a huge seems. It is a nightmare doing anything but 10mph, but the mini handles it just fine... I am worried about the rims w/ low profile though.

automatic is surprisingly fast. Roadfly.com had the auto beat the manual in the 1/4mile every time.
Just make sure you introduce your MINI to the twisty's of Georgetown Pike!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:09 AM
dmouton
Neutral
The manual seems to indicate that after you connect your iPod once, the car will "suck" all the files into it's computer. Wouldn't this mean that you then could disconnect the iPod and the file would be saved in the car? Or do you have to connect the iPod each time (or leave it connected), which is how it seems to be working. I think it's just the way it's written that made me think I would be able to play those files without a direct connect. It's a bit of a pain here because you can't park the car on the street with an iPod, phone, or GPS inside or your windows will be broken in 5 minutes.

About your playlists, I noticed mine says only "list" (then album, artist, etc.) If I click on that one, it pulls up my playlists.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:13 PM
jhayd11
2nd Gear
yeah for me "list" shows "no lists" which seems to be a problem I am having uniquely, hopefully I can resolve this with a little reformatting.

As for you "suck down" question... The mini does not come with a hard drive to store music. I just reread the manual, and it could be a bit misleading to non techies, but it states that it will populate a database(DB) with the info on your ipod. The DB is only getting the information on what is on your ipod and "where" the music is stored on your ipod, not of the music file itself...

So when you are scrolling though the music, you are looking into what the mini has downloaded on its computer, and when you click to play, the mini "grabs" the song from the ipod

hope that made sense.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:03 PM
dmouton
Neutral
Thanks. Yes, it makes perfect sense. I had pretty much concluded this. I guess I was still hoping and thinking it would be very cool if it could store the files. I guess that would be a little over the top, but...

I'll have to work out a way to hide all the stuff so that it's not such a temptation to would-be smash and grabbers. Meanwhile, I hope you have some luck with the "no lists" issue. I'm sure others have already suggested making sure your iPod has the latest version of iTunes loaded, etc.

I had trouble with mine the first few times I tried to hook it up, but it pretty quickly became evident that my iPod was fried (again). It was beyond even the double extension of the extended "Apple Care" warranty, so I got a shiny new one. Hooked it up and it has worked perfectly since then.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:10 PM
jhayd11
2nd Gear
Yeah, nano is in good condition, and works fine with all my other gadgets... newest software and all.

I am pretty sure you can have the dealership wire the cable from the usb port to the secret compartment.

All you will see is the end of the white plug if you look under the radio, which you can't do from out side the car.

Last edited by jhayd11; 03-31-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You made a good choice! Your MINI is beautiful..

I'm sure it looks better in YOUR DRIVEWAY than sitting at that Mercedes dealership...

Donna

Old 04-04-2008, 05:34 AM
leicaguy
4th Gear
AHHH, your killing me here. I just ordered my MC, PW with Black top. The picture of yours is beautiful! Congrats and have fun!

Bill