1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Naming my MCS

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:55 PM
boostednorm
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My MINI is named "Bruiser" 'cause he's black and blue.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:46 PM
MerBear
1st Gear
I'm in with the No Names still. I don't get my baby till Thursday, hopefully something will pop when i see her/him. I think you should name her "Chipotle" a very smokey hot pepper for a smoking hot car.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Marwan
5th Gear
Please help naming mine

Old 04-08-2008, 03:11 PM
MerBear
1st Gear
You help me and i'll help you! If i can. this whole naming thing is making me feel like i have no imaginaiton at all.

But with all those squares on him i would have to call him "circle" maybe in arabic? Oh well if i was good at this i would already have a name for mine.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Marwan
5th Gear
What does your car look like?

Old 04-08-2008, 04:21 PM
mellotron
3rd Gear
After I got mine we decided he wasn't a DangerMouse (I was thinking of the pepper white colored cartoon character here, not the hip-hop, rap, or whatever it is artist.) The next name I thought of was Monty, as in Python...seemed to fit, but then I kept thinking Jack would be a good name for no particular reason, while also thinking that the white color lines look like bones inside, kind of...then I remembered Jack Skellington and it stuck! So he is named for a cartoon character after all, just don't tell him that! Oh yeah and he's definitely going to get a Black Jack (or a few), eventually!

I would have liked Sophie for a girl name.

Sorry I'm not more help, it took a whole week after delivery to name mine!

Old 04-08-2008, 04:32 PM
MerBear
1st Gear
mine is a Sparkling silver convertible MC with a black top. Not a lot of extras, but he (maybe she) will be cute. sparkling silver actually looks more champagne color so i've been working on that angle. Last thing i thought of was Mini Penny. I have MinPins and a lot of people call them MiniPini's. Thought it was a possiblity.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Marwan
5th Gear
Let's start by putting rultes. Remove any Mini word from the name. And make it even letters, like 4 or 6 letters in the name.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:11 PM
MerBear
1st Gear
I would call her Penny, but I think it is cute that MINI fits with the name. Oh well it is the girly part of me coming out.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:41 PM
LUCK219
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Marwan
Let's start by putting rultes. Remove any Mini word from the name. And make it even letters, like 4 or 6 letters in the name.
heyyy -- what's wrong w/ 3 letters?

Old 04-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Marwan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by LUCK219
heyyy -- what's wrong w/ 3 letters?
Doesnt it look so girlish or pinky???

Old 04-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Quesera
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MerBear
mine is a Sparkling silver convertible MC with a black top. Not a lot of extras, but he (maybe she) will be cute. sparkling silver actually looks more champagne color so i've been working on that angle. Last thing i thought of was Mini Penny. I have MinPins and a lot of people call them MiniPini's. Thought it was a possiblity.
How about some variation on "Tiny Bubbles?"

Our original field of candidates included:

11) ELEVEN - As in "This one goes to 11."

10) Stella - no real MINI connection, we just love to shout this name at the top of our lungs!

9) Fraulein Sassafras - my wife's dubious childhood dog, a dachshund, named by my Spanish speaking mother-in-law

8) Little Wing - one of our favorite songs with a minor British connection

7) Honey Pie - Beatles song; matches paint and leather

6) Eleanor - The Turtles, not the Beatles this time; "Eleanor gee I think you're swell, you're my pride and joy etcetera!"

5) Julia - Beatles song, lovely

4) Mina - from Bram Stoker's Dracula

3) Keeley Hazel - British Page 3 girl; notion rejected by wife as unfit for a family car (Hey I just thought topless -convertible, oh never mind!)

2) Honey Ryder - the Ursula Andress character from Ian Fleming's (James Bond) Dr. No. This was my front runner but my wife and daughter are less keen on it that the current front runner...

1) Sugar Magnolia - "She's got everything delightful, she's got everything I need ...She's a summer love for spring, fall and winter. she can make happy any man alive...Sometimes when the night is dying, I take me out and I wander around, I wander
round.

You can see from my signature which name won out. That was after three weeks of getting to know her. We also rejected a last minute notion from my wife to name our Sidewalk "Chalk"

Your MINI's name will come to you.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:19 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Better yet, Let your MINI tell you its name!

Old 04-09-2008, 05:14 AM
LUCK219
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Marwan
Doesnt it look so girlish or pinky???
umm, i dunno. Since my car has a girl name, it's ok for it to look a little girlish

Old 04-09-2008, 05:35 AM
BunsenH
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MerBear
I have the same color/top combination and considered the name Asti (Spumante). You are welcome to it!

My car is not yet officially named, but I'm leaning towards Maxwell (Smart).

Old 04-09-2008, 08:42 AM
boostednorm
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Quesera
10) Stella - no real MINI connection, we just love to shout this name at the top of our lungs!
Stella=Name of the character played by Charlize Theron in The Italian Job who drove both a mini and a MINI.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Robin81
4th Gear
I still have no name for mine. I've thought of and rejected a ton. Nothing seems to be sticking.

Right now, the frontrunners are Martha Jones (Doctor Who) and Sally (dunno why).

Old 04-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Corey986
3rd Gear
I'm toying with Mrs. Peel or Brittney....

I'll have a week or so to decide till my mini arrives at the dealer.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:01 AM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
My car now, her name is Carmen. She’s treated me so well all the years we’ve been together, and homegirl has a certain personality. With that said, I dont want to part with my Carmen... SO, I’ve decided that I’m going to transfer her spirit from my ‘97 corolla into her sexy new shell = the mini. Carmen totally deserves it, I see this as sort of a make over.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:14 AM
mellotron
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Robin81
Right now, the frontrunners are Martha Jones (Doctor Who) and Sally (dunno why).
Doctor Who FTW! I have to admit my MINIs name may have subconsciously been influenced by Doctor Who (Captain Jack) just a tiny amount. I'd rather think of him as Pepper Jack though or something like that though. When I thought my car might be a girl I actively tried to think of Dr. Who/Torchwood ideas...Gwen Cooper was a given, as would be Rose for a red car.

Sally...the Porsche gal in Cars? W/ that name she shoulda been a Mustang!

Old 04-09-2008, 10:16 AM
MiniEnvy
3rd Gear
I narrowed mine down to 3 names. None of them with any British influence but good nonetheless.

First being "Cubbie". Well because it will be blue and I'm a life long Chicago Cubs Fan and bleed Cubbie Blue but the MINI doesn't really have that "Loveable Loser" thing going for it. Although the Cubs have been a little better the past couple of years.

Second being "Dash" after that really frickin speedy kid that is so fast he could run on water from The Incredibles movie. No explaination needed there!!

And lastly, I like "Libby". Since it will be Lightning Blue with a Black roof and the way it is abbreviated is LiB/B. So why not just add the "y" and make it a name for the MINI!!

Well on the way home from the dealership, my girlfriend asked what I was going to name the car. I said "Dash" first and she loved it, so it stuck!!

Old 04-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Robin81
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mellotron
Doctor Who FTW! I have to admit my MINIs name may have subconsciously been influenced by Doctor Who (Captain Jack) just a tiny amount. I'd rather think of him as Pepper Jack though or something like that though. When I thought my car might be a girl I actively tried to think of Dr. Who/Torchwood ideas...Gwen Cooper was a given, as would be Rose for a red car.

Sally...the Porsche gal in Cars? W/ that name she shoulda been a Mustang!
I actually thought about Captain Jack for a second, but I'm pretty sure my mini's a girl. But, Captain Jack's a seriously awesome name... heh.

Sally's really because a friend of mine suggested it, and it hasn't gone away yet. It's stuck more than anything else has so far. But I have no idea where he came up with it.

I'm not good at naming things. My poor mini should have a name by now. It's been 3 weeks!

Old 04-09-2008, 11:40 AM
mellotron
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Robin81
Sally's really because a friend of mine suggested it, and it hasn't gone away yet. It's stuck more than anything else has so far. But I have no idea where he came up with it.
I know what you mean, maybe it is your MINI trying to tell you what name she wants, hehe.

Thanks for reminding me of my 'Dr. Who naming phase', I had forgotten all the names I thought of. Dunno if you watched the old series, but Sara Jane was one of my favorites as well. Yet another name to throw out there. You will be so relieved and happy when the name is finally decided on! I still can't stop posting about mine.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:44 PM
dchautin
3rd Gear
name it..sirbreaksalot...oh wait, that's mine.

sorry..you will have to think up your own.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Robin81
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mellotron
Thanks for reminding me of my 'Dr. Who naming phase', I had forgotten all the names I thought of. Dunno if you watched the old series, but Sara Jane was one of my favorites as well. Yet another name to throw out there. You will be so relieved and happy when the name is finally decided on! I still can't stop posting about mine.
I've really only watched the season with Martha Jones. And now I don't know if I can watch any other doctor than David Tennant. He makes the series for me.

You picked a good name for yours! Haha, if I name mine Sally, they'll be Jack and Sally.

Quick Reply: Naming my MCS