1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pepper White Clubman S

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:32 PM
tom9black
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Pepper White Clubman S

Hi NAM!

Ordered a Mini Clubman S pepper white with black top from Sterling Mini in Sterling Va last month. Graduating from an Acura RSX type S.. Ive taken a couple of test drives of the clubman and was really impressed. I would have gone for the straight mini s but im over 6 feet and the clubman has a nice fit for me. Plus my wife likes it too (always a plus! ) ...and the extra space is nice.

Well... im still waiting for my production number. Oh.. i had one question, will i be getting the run-flats if i ordered in mid-march of this year? I got the sports package but some of the posts i have been reading, the run-flats are standard in that package.

Just came back from a trip to Utah.. saw three mini's in Texas from Oklahoma, all driving one after each other on Route 40 East... I felt a thrill to know that I would be a part of that group soon! Cant wait!

Hey, GREAT site, lots of really good information.

tom9black

Old 04-05-2008, 02:09 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM. The hardest part now is the wait for your MINI once you place the order. We all go through it. Post up some pics once you take delivery. Did they give you an ETA? I'm pretty sure run-flats are standard with the S.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:33 AM
leicaguy
4th Gear
Welcome. I ordered my PW/B MC from Mini of Sterling March 27th. I too got the sport pkg and, yes, it does include run flats. No production # yet? I got mine the day after I ordered. Have you checked with you sales person?

Old 04-05-2008, 08:09 AM
tom9black
Neutral
Hmm. My MA (Ahmed Shaker) said that I would get the production # in April some time.. I guess ill shoot him an email.

He also said that the tires (all weather) OEM with the Clubman S would be Conti's (Continental ContiProContact SSR) I looked up on Tirerack and they are rated pretty high.

The mini will be a daily driver on back country roads... no major potholes so I hope that the RF's will last.

Thanks!

tom9black

Old 04-05-2008, 08:28 AM
PepperSClubman
2nd Gear
The Contis are good in the rain, not great in the snow. You'll get (surprisingly) much better grip with Summer performance tires in the dry (I have Pirellis on 18"s). I used the Contis on stock 16"s until recently.

The new Wheel/Tire combo makes it like a completely different car. I got the sport suspension and didn't feel that it was particularly stiff until I put on the bigger wheels. I don't know if I'll keep the Contis for next winter or look into a dedicated winter tire.

You'll probably be fine with these tires if you don't mind the reduced performance. The ride is much smoother in the Clubman compared to the R56. Runflats are not a problem on the Clubman IMO.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:40 AM
leicaguy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tom9black
Hmm. My MA (Ahmed Shaker) said that I would get the production # in April some time.. I guess ill shoot him an email.

He also said that the tires (all weather) OEM with the Clubman S would be Conti's (Continental ContiProContact SSR) I looked up on Tirerack and they are rated pretty high.

The mini will be a daily driver on back country roads... no major potholes so I hope that the RF's will last.

Thanks!

tom9black
Ahmed is my salesman also (very good IMHO). Maybe the Clubman is different. It is my understanding that they do take longer on order.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:21 AM
tom9black
Neutral
Th' latest..

Just got the heads up from my MA... Late June, early July. I think I can wait that long.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:36 PM
jkling17
4th Gear
Sweet - I saw one today when I ordered mine in pure silver s. The white is a lot nicer in person than I would have thought - the configurator really doesn't do it justice - or the photos that I've seen of one previously. If more people knew how nice it really looked, especially with the right leather trim ...