1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi and 411 on option IDs (a bit long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 07:23 AM
Rickster
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi and 411 on option IDs (a bit long)

Howdy all,

I am shopping for a used ’05-’06 MCS. I am fairly new to MINIs although I have driven a few and know there is one in my near future. The car I am looking at tomorrow is a low mileage ’06 (13K) MCS. However the young lady who owns it really does not know much about the car other that it is cute. For example, she knows it is an S but does not know if it is supercharged. She does not know what option packages it has or even what they are. She knows it has heated seats so I figure it has the cold weather package. It also has a pano roof, so it probably has the premium package. She says front and rear fog lights and a traction system. Does this indicate the Sport package? How else can I ID the sport package? Is it possible to ID packages and/or limited slip by VIN or some other way. I tried the search function here, but I am still learning how to use it so no joy there. A direction on where to find answers to some of these questions would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post and thanks.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:38 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, if you put the VIN in the MINI owners lounge web site you can pull up the car config. You'll have to create a user ID and password. I just went to verify this and give you the particualrs but the site seems to be having problems at the moment.

Also a dealer can do it for you too. Should be able to be done by phone and email. First just let em know if you buy it you'll be coming there for service and accesories.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:40 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
A MINI Cooper S = Supercharged unless its a Gen 2 which would then make it a Turbocharged MINI..
Why they didn't call it a MCT I'll never know.
The VIN number will tell you all about the MINI but you'll have to go to your nearest MINI dealer for that.
The really important question is.. Did she maintain it properly?

Old 04-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Rickster
Neutral
Thanks, She says it has been maintained at Ralph Schomp MINI in Denver, we shall see if she has kept records. I do not have the VIN yet, but will get it today.