1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the ISOLDE

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:12 PM
porifera
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crossrap
Yeah, this wait is killing me. I have set up some milstone markers on my calendar. I put a little drawing of a car on each significant date, then I color the car in when the date has passed. So instead of thinking of the 5th, I am focusing on the 27th when the ship arrives/leaves Panama. Gives me a little goal to look forward to, and an opportunity to check the tracking website. I will sleep easier when the date turns red.
On the 27th, you can spend the day here: http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Old 04-18-2008, 04:10 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
go ISOLDE!

Old 04-18-2008, 04:17 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
Hey everyone. The ISOLDE is a great ship. My Clubby came over on her Jan. 21st to Feb. 9th. Some of the fellow passengers took photos of the ship as it went through the Panama Canal and then made it into a little video with music. I sat all day watching the progress through the locks and bridge.
You are all in for such a good time watching her progress. The hardest part for me was waiting after the car went into the VDC. It seemed to take forever, but it was really only 10 days.

Congrats to you all. I wondered when ISOLDE was back in Southampton. Totally lost track of her after the last voyage.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:52 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Thats cool. I wish the ISOLDE would hurry up and get over to Port Hueneme already...

Old 04-19-2008, 02:14 PM
MINISV
1st Gear
My Mini

Last edited by MINISV; 04-19-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:43 PM
MINISV
1st Gear
My first mini-08 clubman s/white/blackroof is on board, Anxiously awaiting the drive home from SLC to Idaho.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:02 AM
()()==
2nd Gear
Ahoy, Mateys.

I've been trying to find Isolde this evening but I can't find anything either. But I'll definitely be watching the Panama Canal webcam on the 27th.

By the way, we're not all Pepper White!

When did you order?

Me: 3/29 order

Old 04-21-2008, 12:18 AM
()()==
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by helloimpaul
I just went on WW tracked MINI on the Auto cargo with the VIN... when the info pops up I clicked on ED815-ISO on the Voyage Priority... Thats where I see the schedule for ISOLDE... looks like it departed on 4/14 and will arrive at 5/5... I hear that there used to be a website that tracks where the ship is but that site is no longer free. Something ridiculous like over a grand to sign up.
That's great info. I didn't realize the voyage number was hot.

It says Isolde departs Port Hueneme on 5/6 and arrives at Tacoma on 5/9.

Are all BMWs (incl MINIs) unloaded at Port Hueneme or do some unload in Tacoma?

Did you get the email about the buffets and parties? Do you think it's right that they let brand new baby MINIs go on a cruise and party like that?

Old 04-21-2008, 09:32 AM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ()()==

Did you get the email about the buffets and parties? Do you think it's right that they let brand new baby MINIs go on a cruise and party like that?
Haha! In that case, I hope MINI is having an ice cold beer. Are they even old enough to drink? Who cares, we are over international waters...

Old 04-21-2008, 09:45 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
I'm with you! I hope my MINI is having a margarita on the rocks with salt fresh lime and Patron. Add a side of guac and chips and my MINI may not leave the ship.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:46 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Oh, and two week to the day that our babies arrive in Cali!!

Old 04-21-2008, 02:59 PM
MINISV
1st Gear
Looking forward to the MINI arrival. Hope they are all happy. But it kinda sucks that my car is on a cruise while I have to work.

Last edited by MINISV; 04-21-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:53 AM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
I'm seeing tons of MINI's lately! At least 5 a day. . O I cant wait to hit the road. C'mon ISOLDE! It's April 23... I think Im going to order some racing stripes soon, to keep me occupied.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Good idea Paul. I have been ordering a few toys to keep myself occupied too. I ordered some miniature Mini's and expect them this week. I also won the Canadian floor mats off ebay. Should get them by beginning of next week. And then there's my Mini tee shirt. I hope the car comes before I spend all my money!

Old 04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
LaLaMini
1st Gear
Finally found my shipmates! Hello all!!! I am sooo excited, it's a little scary. Has anyone had any luck in tracking Isolde's location out at sea? I've checked all those sites from past threads but nothing shows up....

Last edited by LaLaMini; 04-23-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:04 PM
porifera
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LaLaMini
Finally found my shipmates! Hello all!!! I am sooo excited, it's a little scary. Has anyone had any luck in tracking Isolde's location out at sea? I've checked all those sites from past threads but nothing shows up....
I haven't had any luck once the ship made it to open ocean. My guess is the Isolde doesn't participate in the "voluntary observing ship" program that gets it to show up on sailwx. I am hoping that once she gets close to shore again we can pick it up on one of the AIS tracking sites. Or the Panama web cam on the 27th!

Old 04-24-2008, 07:00 AM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
Originally Posted by drummergirl
Good idea Paul. I have been ordering a few toys to keep myself occupied too. I ordered some miniature Mini's and expect them this week. I also won the Canadian floor mats off ebay. Should get them by beginning of next week. And then there's my Mini tee shirt. I hope the car comes before I spend all my money!
Haha! Out of control! I've been trying to stop myself from buying a new ipod. I think I'm just going to make a CD for the drive home... hmm, what would be a good song to commemorate the first drive home?

Old 04-24-2008, 07:03 AM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
I got a phone call yesterday from the sales guy at my local dealership. He left me a message that said I could expect to pick up my MINI by next week?? BUT WW says ISOLDE wont even make it in till the 5th.

I don't believe it. He's probably trying to give me a heads up that It's coming soon. Don't lie and get my hopes up tho... Have you guys heard from your dealerships yet?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:11 AM
()()==
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LaLaMini
Hi Lala! Glad you found us.

I'll echo Porifera. I went looking generally for WW ships and I can't find them. The ship position list apparently gets populated when a ship reports weather. I'm guessing that WW ships report weather to the company rather than SailWX.

So tell us about your MINI!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:46 AM
LaLaMini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ()()==
Hi Lala! Glad you found us.

I'll echo Porifera. I went looking generally for WW ships and I can't find them. The ship position list apparently gets populated when a ship reports weather. I'm guessing that WW ships report weather to the company rather than SailWX.

So tell us about your MINI!

hee hee:

'08 MCS
Chili Red
Black roof / chrome mirror caps
Sport & Convenience Pkgs
Xenon lamps
Auto w. Agitronic paddles
17" crown-spoke
Cloth/Leather: Rooster red upholstery
Piano black interior surface

Trust me...I've gone on the MiniUsa website a number of times just to build it...then stare at it...for a long time....

Last edited by LaLaMini; 05-10-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:52 AM
LaLaMini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by helloimpaul
I got a phone call yesterday from the sales guy at my local dealership. He left me a message that said I could expect to pick up my MINI by next week?? BUT WW says ISOLDE wont even make it in till the 5th.

I don't believe it. He's probably trying to give me a heads up that It's coming soon. Don't lie and get my hopes up tho... Have you guys heard from your dealerships yet?
Mann....i WISH i got a call along those lines, but I agree that you shouldn't psych yourself (and us) out That would be niiiiiice to have 'em next week, honestly *sigh*

Old 04-24-2008, 02:16 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
That would be phenomenal if our cars hit the states next week. But as you guys said that seems impossible since the ship isn't scheduled to arrive until the 5th. I just checked the WW site again and nothing's changed; panama on sunday and usa on the 5th.

Hey Paul, maybe your MINI dealer hijacked the ship and already navigated it to the VDC for us! That would be sweet.

Speaking of VDC, I hear it can take anywhere form three days to over a week. Geez, it took a week to build the car, how long should it take to check that work?

-drummergirl (formerly crossrap)

Old 04-25-2008, 10:36 AM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
Yah, I'm convinced they're messing with me. I checked WW too and it hasn't changed. Have you read the VDC sticky? They say some cars get damaged in transit and they have to fix them there. damage under 3% of the value of the car does not need to be disclosed... *knock on wood* I'm so anxious, I think I am worrying myself to death.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:09 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
I got a call from my MA yesterday. He called to tell me that my car will arrive at Port Hueneme on the 5th, which of course we already knew. He mentioned that it usually takes a week there but that he's seen it take as long as two. Let's hope for a week or less. Even though I have been tracking things and knew about the ship's arrival date, it was still exciting to get the call from the dealer. It just made it so official.

I did read about damage at the VDC. Scary! Even scarier to know that a car could get sold as new after it is repaired.

Cheers-

Old 04-25-2008, 06:13 PM
()()==
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by drummergirl
I got a call from my MA yesterday. He called to tell me that my car will arrive at Port Hueneme on the 5th, which of course we already knew. He mentioned that it usually takes a week there but that he's seen it take as long as two. Let's hope for a week or less. Even though I have been tracking things and knew about the ship's arrival date, it was still exciting to get the call from the dealer. It just made it so official.

I did read about damage at the VDC. Scary! Even scarier to know that a car could get sold as new after it is repaired.

Cheers-
It's probably one-week if the car is undamaged and two weeks if the car was damaged and needs to be repaired.

Quick Reply: All Aboard the ISOLDE