1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the ISOLDE

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 06:30 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be pissed if any of our cars are "damaged" during transit. That is complete bs in my opinion. We are still patiently waiting to take delivery of this car. Good times ahead fellas...

Old 04-26-2008, 12:10 PM
()()==
2nd Gear
I was just joking about the 1 vs. 2 week. I'm sure all our cars will arrive in fine condition.

I'm half-mourning today.

I'm getting my "trade-in" cleaned up for sale.

1994 Camaro Z28 Convertible that I bought out of the dealer's showroom. 70,000 miles. It's just beautiful, the sun is finally out, and even though I'm looking forward to MINIWIKI getting here, saying goodbye to this sweetheart will be difficult. I never put the 2006 license tabs on it so it's been a long time since I drove it. I've had the top up in the garage. It's very strange, it's got that new car smell again, not musty at all. I suppose the years have allowed more of the plasticizers to migrate to the surface of all the plastic components, making it smell like new.

After I get it cleaned up, I think I'll activate my insurance, get tabs, and drive it to work until after Isolde docks. Hopefully I can find a buyer who will appreciate having the original window sticker, brochure, etc.

... back to dusting cobwebs.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:44 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ()()==
I was just joking about the 1 vs. 2 week. I'm sure all our cars will arrive in fine condition.

I'm half-mourning today.

I'm getting my "trade-in" cleaned up for sale.

1994 Camaro Z28 Convertible that I bought out of the dealer's showroom. 70,000 miles. It's just beautiful, the sun is finally out, and even though I'm looking forward to MINIWIKI getting here, saying goodbye to this sweetheart will be difficult. I never put the 2006 license tabs on it so it's been a long time since I drove it. I've had the top up in the garage. It's very strange, it's got that new car smell again, not musty at all. I suppose the years have allowed more of the plasticizers to migrate to the surface of all the plastic components, making it smell like new.

After I get it cleaned up, I think I'll activate my insurance, get tabs, and drive it to work until after Isolde docks. Hopefully I can find a buyer who will appreciate having the original window sticker, brochure, etc.

... back to dusting cobwebs.
sucks to see her go huh? We sold my fiance's 05 Maxima a couple weeks ago. She liked that car, but she will love the MCS we ordered for her. There's nothing like getting a better car than your previous one. The MCS will be a much better car for her.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:58 PM
porifera
1st Gear
Originally Posted by helloimpaul
I got a phone call yesterday from the sales guy at my local dealership. He left me a message that said I could expect to pick up my MINI by next week?? BUT WW says ISOLDE wont even make it in till the 5th.

I don't believe it. He's probably trying to give me a heads up that It's coming soon. Don't lie and get my hopes up tho... Have you guys heard from your dealerships yet?
If you are sure you are on the Isolde... Here is her Panama schedule:

SHIP | ARRIVE DATE | BOOKED | RATING NO | TRANSITING

M/V Isolde | 1000/27/Apr | AM/28/Apr | # 1 | AM28th

I'm guessing that means your MA is slightly confused (in a politically correct fashion of speaking).

Last edited by porifera; 04-26-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Formatting (or lack of)
Old 04-26-2008, 07:21 PM
()()==
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dphouse
sucks to see her go huh? We sold my fiance's 05 Maxima a couple weeks ago. She liked that car, but she will love the MCS we ordered for her. There's nothing like getting a better car than your previous one. The MCS will be a much better car for her.
I need a bigger garage

Old 04-27-2008, 09:24 AM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Has anyone been able to see the ISOLDE at the Panama Canal yet? What time should we expect the ship to get into the canal?

Old 04-27-2008, 09:44 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
I don't recall seeing any info on a time frame, so I am just keeping the page up on my computer. I have a lot of work to do on the computer today so I will keep close tabs on it. It is supposed to arrive and depart on the same day so I imagine it will be a fairly quick turnaround.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:36 AM
porifera
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dphouse
Has anyone been able to see the ISOLDE at the Panama Canal yet? What time should we expect the ship to get into the canal?
She is in Panama (Coco Solo?) now. It doesn't look like she will go through until tomorrow morning. See my other post a couple higher.

[can't seem to embed an image so see my gallery if you care...]

Here is a link for traffic through the canal. Not sure how to read it fully but it looks like there could be delays:

http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm

Last edited by porifera; 04-27-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:20 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Hey everyone- Unless the cargo tracking site is off...

Isolde appears to have left Panama!!!! Woohooo!!!!

Take a look at the site: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/
or check out the pic I have attached.

Last edited by drummergirl; 06-14-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:22 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Technically they only make a listing red when the ship has departed. So I think we are gonna see our babies soon!

Old 04-27-2008, 02:58 PM
porifera
1st Gear
Originally Posted by drummergirl
Technically they only make a listing red when the ship has departed. So I think we are gonna see our babies soon!
AISFree still shows it in pre-canal transit.
TrafficReport shows it as scheduled to transit tomorrow AM.
WW shows it as having already passed through the canal.

I dunno. I have a tendency to believe the first two, but I will hope that WW is right...

Old 04-27-2008, 03:20 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Let's keep our fingers crossed. I must say, even if it doesn't leave Panama until tomorrow as long as it get to the port Hueneme by the 5th I am fine.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:20 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
our cars should get to the VDC in Oxnard by the 5th. The ISOLDE has been on time for all other checkpoints. Almost there everyone!

Old 04-27-2008, 04:50 PM
porifera
1st Gear
Originally Posted by drummergirl
Let's keep our fingers crossed. I must say, even if it doesn't leave Panama until tomorrow as long as it get to the port Hueneme by the 5th I am fine.
Yep, I still need more time to get blood out of a turnip, I mean clear out more space in the garage. Three car garage that has two garages worth of crap...

Old 04-27-2008, 05:15 PM
porifera
1st Gear
Moved back out of harbor

The Isolde appears to have moved out of the harbor and shows on the AISFree Cristobal Anchorages map. If I had to guess I would say she took on fuel and supplies and cleared the port for other ships.

I circled it in red at the top. I'd still rather think she already went through and is heading north.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:39 PM
()()==
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by porifera
She is in Panama (Coco Solo?) now. It doesn't look like she will go through until tomorrow morning. See my other post a couple higher.

[can't seem to embed an image so see my gallery if you care...]

Here is a link for traffic through the canal. Not sure how to read it fully but it looks like there could be delays:

http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm
I believe this traffic report says that Isolde is #1 in line for southbound (Atlantic to Pacific) transit on Monday morning. She is listed in the Supers. The transloading port (Manzanillo?) is apparently on the Atlantic side. (Otherwise, I doubt WW would ship to Galveston via that port.) That's probably where Isolde was in the plot that showed her inside the breakwater.

This would mean the WW report can be correct AND Isolde has not yet transited the canal. I hope I can get a glimpse tomorrow, but it may be a bit early PDT.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:51 PM
porifera
1st Gear
I believe this traffic report says that Isolde is #1 in line for southbound (Atlantic to Pacific) transit on Monday morning. She is listed in the Supers. The transloading port (Manzanillo?) is apparently on the Atlantic side. (Otherwise, I doubt WW would ship to Galveston via that port.) That's probably where Isolde was in the plot that showed her inside the breakwater.

This would mean the WW report can be correct AND Isolde has not yet transited the canal. I hope I can get a glimpse tomorrow, but it may be a bit early PDT.
As near as I can tell, Manzanillo is in Colima on the west coast of Mexico. Maybe there is a different one. Like DrummerGirl said, as long as it makes port on 5/5, it's all good. Either way, I guess we should find out more tomorrow!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:35 AM
aem
1st Gear
aisfree shows the Isolde has made it through the Gatun locks!

Old 04-28-2008, 09:11 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Cool. If aisfree is showing the boat has made it through, then our MINI's can shout "I is free"!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Minichelle
2nd Gear
It's funny reading this thread because our car was on the last trip ISOLDE made to the states, so it's kinda fun watching you guys go though what we did just a couple months ago.

Anyway, just posting to say that on it's last trip, we captured a bunch of shots of the ISOLDE going through the canal locks. So if you guys don't get any, or missed it and want to see the ship going though, i'm happy to re-post them in this thread.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:21 AM
dphouse
2nd Gear
I'd like to see the ISOLDE going through the locks. If you could post up some pictures, that would be great.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Minichelle
2nd Gear
Isolde at Panama Canal, Feb 2nd 2008.

http://scottandmichelle.net/temp/isolde1.wmv
http://scottandmichelle.net/temp/isolde2.wmv

Last edited by Minichelle; 04-28-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:04 AM
aem
1st Gear
I don't see the Isolde on aisfree anymore, but there is a thread on e90post.com that shows a picture this morning of what they believe in the Isolde and behind that the Victory Ace. I see the Victory Ace approaching the Miraflores locks, but I don't see Isolde. Maybe she'll she up once she gets close to the locks since aisfree is showing so many ships on top of each other right now.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:36 AM
aem
1st Gear
I'm taking screen shots of a ship that looks similar to the Isolde going through the Centennial Bridge right now.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Goines
1st Gear
Are all BMWs (incl MINIs) unloaded at Port Hueneme or do some unload in Tacoma?
I don't know about BMWs, but the Minis are. There is only one west coast distribution center, in California. So our Minis will be unloaded there, and processed before getting on a truck to Tacoma. Yes, i wished they unloaded in Tacoma too as it'd be way faster.

Quick Reply: All Aboard the ISOLDE