1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the ISOLDE

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:50 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow you got a call already? Cool! I wonder why it's the 17th though? I wonder if he was just giving you an estimate of the latest it would be there. You live in SoCal so should have yours even faster than me (I'm guessing) and I hope to get mine by the 13th or 14th at the latest. In fact, there is still a chance I could get it this weekend. I'm keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:02 PM
LaLaMini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by drummergirl
Wow you got a call already? Cool! I wonder why it's the 17th though? I wonder if he was just giving you an estimate of the latest it would be there. You live in SoCal so should have yours even faster than me (I'm guessing) and I hope to get mine by the 13th or 14th at the latest. In fact, there is still a chance I could get it this weekend. I'm keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed.
The 17th is actually the latest he said I should be getting it. I'd rather get the car earlier than expected than have my heart set on a date and it end up that I have to wait a little longer. Just a little mental thing for me....
That idea of getting the car this weekend is a little riskAy haha.

Last edited by LaLaMini; 05-05-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:15 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Yeah, I know it is a pipe dream to think I will get it this weekend. haha. May is a special month for me because my b-day is May 20th, and the car should be to me before then for sure. The reason I wanted it on the 10th is because my mother passed away on May 10th and I thought it would be a nice way to redeem that date with a happy memory... If it came in then it would be a super sweet bonus!

Old 05-05-2008, 01:18 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LaLaMini
Yippie!!! Just got a call from my MA on Saturday, and he said I should be picking up my little one on the 17th!!!!!!!! I really need to finish the garage now, hehe. So close yet so faaaar!
which dealer did you order yours from? I wonder if it will take that long for our car to be ready at Bob Smith.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:01 PM
LaLaMini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dphouse
which dealer did you order yours from? I wonder if it will take that long for our car to be ready at Bob Smith.
Assael Mini in Monrovia. I am really hoping that I get the car around the 13th as well. Drummergirl, sorry to hear about your mom. I'm actually getting another car because my mom just finished her cancer treatments and wants to get back out in the world again (therefore has stolen my car ). Don't worry, you'll be able to make lots of awesome memories with the little one, I'm sure!

You should get yours earlier than mine because you're closer to the port, no?

Last edited by LaLaMini; 05-05-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:55 PM
aem
1st Gear
Originally Posted by frupp
AEM, yeah, we might even meet each other up at the dealer in Scottsdale. What does yours look like, I'll keep an eye out for you on the road. Mine is a Dark Silver body, White roof, chrome mirrors and dual sunroof MCS. What part of Tempe do you live? I'm South of Baseline, West of McClintock.
The car will be my wife's about 80% of the time but it's a MCS Lightning Blue with White roof and stripes. We are in the ghetto near Southern and Mill. Has Mini of Scottsdale spoken to you about financing yet? I haven't heard anything back from our credit app we initially filled out.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:33 PM
coach
Neutral
I've read with interest about many of you receiving your cars on the Isolde. But -- I've not seen anyone post who lives further inland. My car should be coming to Salt Lake. Anyone receiving a car in that state?

Old 05-05-2008, 11:53 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Assael Mini in Monrovia. I am really hoping that I get the car around the 13th as well. Drummergirl, sorry to hear about your mom. I'm actually getting another car because my mom just finished her cancer treatments and wants to get back out in the world again (therefore has stolen my car ). Don't worry, you'll be able to make lots of awesome memories with the little one, I'm sure!

You should get yours earlier than mine because you're closer to the port, no?
We are less than an hour from the Port. In theory we should get it sooner, but who knows really. We can't wait...

Old 05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
frupp
1st Gear
Originally Posted by aem
The car will be my wife's about 80% of the time but it's a MCS Lightning Blue with White roof and stripes. We are in the ghetto near Southern and Mill. Has Mini of Scottsdale spoken to you about financing yet? I haven't heard anything back from our credit app we initially filled out.
I had an apartment near there a couple of years ago. My wife doesn't drive stick yet. I know as soon as she learns, I'm going to walk into the garage and see her Civic Hybrid and dust still settling from where the MINI was parked. I haven't heard from the dealer yet about the financing. I did receive an automated email though just directing you to the MINI financing site. I'll post if I get expected delivery date from them. I don't know how long it takes to add the tinting and extra features etc.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:22 PM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
Yippie!!! Just got a call from my MA on Saturday, and he said I should be picking up my little one on the 17th!!!!!!!! I really need to finish the garage now, hehe. So close yet so faaaar!
Congrats! I got a call yesterday, and it was very ambiguous, he just kept saying 'its on track'... whatever, I just want the car already.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:37 PM
MINISV
1st Gear
I am picking up mine @ Mini of Murray in SLC. Have not got a date yet.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:39 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
We might be picking up our car either on Friday or Saturday. Because our car was pre-ordered, our MA had our car loaded onto the ship last so it could be delivered first. Pretty cool.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:21 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
I think mine was one of the later ones to be put on the ship. At first it worried me since I had to scroll through several pages to see if it made it on the ship. Now i realize that is a bonus! Aren't all our cars (I mean those of us waiting for Isolde) preordered? I had to leave a $1000 deposit for mine. It's what my dealership requires to build a car.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:26 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Yes all our cars are preordered; we also put 1k down as a deposit. But dealers also order their own cars, and the ship was carrying over ~200 cars. Not sure what exactly that means in terms of delivery for our cars, but we should be seeing them soon. 2008 Pepper White, Black Top, 16" Bridge spoke, Convenience, Premium, Xenons... Watch out!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 02:27 PM
LaLaMini
1st Gear
I am so excited for all of us! I am serious about posting up pictures! Don't be lazy now...

Old 05-06-2008, 02:34 PM
aem
1st Gear
The ship was actually carrying a little over 1000 cars, mostly BMW's. But I've heard they process the lightning blue's first because they are basically the best color

Old 05-06-2008, 05:05 PM
()()==
2nd Gear
Hahaha. Yes, do enjoy your lightning blue!

I'll definitely post some pics of WIKIMINI when it arrives. But I think you guys will all beat me to the punch because you'll get your cars quite a while before me. So I'll plan on living vicariously through you!

I have a question about the port. I've been trying to Google Earth it and see where the VDC is. Has anybody visited the port and know where everything is located? There is what looks like it could be a RO/RO ship in the slip. There is a lot to the ENE and another lot to the south from the dock itself. And there are a few buildings interspersed between the lots. But the lots are basically empty except for a few white cars that don't look like MINIs.

Anybody know of a webcam in the area?

Old 05-06-2008, 05:10 PM
aem
1st Gear
Link

I spend way to much time at work on this site!

Old 05-06-2008, 05:22 PM
()()==
2nd Gear
I think mine was one of the later ones to be put on the ship. At first it worried me since I had to scroll through several pages to see if it made it on the ship. Now i realize that is a bonus! Aren't all our cars (I mean those of us waiting for Isolde) preordered? I had to leave a $1000 deposit for mine. It's what my dealership requires to build a car.
Interesting. My car was ordered on 3/29. It moved to "scheduled for production" on 4/7. Then it didn't get changed to "awaiting transport" until 4/13. Then I didn't check for a couple days and found its status changed to "en route" on 4/17.

Did you check on 4/14 and find your status changed from "awaiting transport" to "en route"?

What did you scroll through to see if it made it on the ship? I just entered my VIN in the WW website to find out the ship name.

Regarding the 238 MINI's on board, I'm not sure we know they're all coming to the west coast of North America. After Port Hueneme, the ship goes to Tacoma and then to Japan. So it's possible that some of the MINIs are destined for Japanese motorists. But not all on board are pre-ordered. Dealer "lot" cars are mixed in with our factory orders.

This does seem like a large number of MINIs, especially since WW advertises this route as four times per month.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:24 PM
()()==
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by aem
Link

I spend way to much time at work on this site!
Nice! Thanks! The answer is "none of the above". Maybe they use all the lots near the dock to hold what they are unloading?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:39 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ()()==
Interesting. My car was ordered on 3/29. It moved to "scheduled for production" on 4/7. Then it didn't get changed to "awaiting transport" until 4/13. Then I didn't check for a couple days and found its status changed to "en route" on 4/17.

Did you check on 4/14 and find your status changed from "awaiting transport" to "en route"?

What did you scroll through to see if it made it on the ship? I just entered my VIN in the WW website to find out the ship name.

Regarding the 238 MINI's on board, I'm not sure we know they're all coming to the west coast of North America. After Port Hueneme, the ship goes to Tacoma and then to Japan. So it's possible that some of the MINIs are destined for Japanese motorists. But not all on board are pre-ordered. Dealer "lot" cars are mixed in with our factory orders.

This does seem like a large number of MINIs, especially since WW advertises this route as four times per month.

Actually once I found out about the WW website, I used that to track my car. I ordered my car at 11 am on April 3, and it went into production at 6:44 AM on April 4th. The California Bay Area is one of the high-volume areas for Mini Coopers. There are tons of them around, (it's hard to believe that it's somewhat of a rare car), but it's just the area. Factor in San Francisco with extremely limited parking, and it's got to be one of the highest per capita for MINI owners in the United States. There are actually 4 dealerships in the Bay Area. I'm suspecting this translates into quick turnaround time at the factory. And then I lucked out about getting on a ship right away.

First I entered my pin number in the auto cargo link, and from there I clicked on the voyage number. That gave me information on when the ship was sailing and what areas it was going through. on a side note I just happen to look again just now smiling seeing that it is now updated to show that it left Port Hueneme. It is the booking number, however that tells you if your car is ownership. From there I just take by faith that if it says my car is own the ship that it made it when it set sail, but I did check afterwards to make sure that true.

It's nice that our cars take priority over dealer lot cars. But then again, this is guaranteed money for them, so I imagine they push to get our cars there asap!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
I got a call from my MA today telling me that the ship was at port and that it should take delivery in 5-7 days. Of course he then asked me to feel free to call him if I wanted to install any other accessories.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:49 AM
LaLaMini
1st Gear
Status Port Time(dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm)

DELIVERED FROM PORT HUENEME, CA 07/05/2008 07:00
DISCHARGED PORT HUENEME, CA 06/05/2008 16:48
LOADED ON VESSEL SOUTHAMPTON 14/04/2008 11:15
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 09/04/2008 09:45
BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 10/03/2008 09:31

Do you think "delivered from" just means that the car was 'delivered to' the VDC? OR that it was actually 'delivered from' the VDC and should be on it's way? Seems a little too good to be true, right?

Old 05-07-2008, 10:44 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
My guess is it means delivered to the VDC. They need to do their inspections and stuff and that takes a couple days. Hey, where did you get that detailed info with days/times etc?
Cheers-

Old 05-07-2008, 10:48 AM
LaLaMini
1st Gear
My guess is it means delivered to the VDC. They need to do their inspections and stuff and that takes a couple days. Hey, where did you get that detailed info with days/times etc?
Cheers-
On the WW website. I went to cargo tracking, then Auto cargo, then entered my VIN. I figured that the cars were just delivered to the VDC since we're all on the same time schedule, according to the booking #.

Quick Reply: All Aboard the ISOLDE