1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the ISOLDE

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Aboard the ISOLDE

Hello NAM!

My 08 MCS PW/B is on the ISOLDE and on its way to CA. Anyone else on this ship?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:55 PM
aem
1st Gear
I am. Are you able to track it? I've only been able to as it sat in the Southampton port until 30 miles out.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:03 PM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
Alright! Shipmates! I am anxiously waiting here in San Diego... although I havent been able to track it... WW says 5/5...

Old 04-16-2008, 02:54 PM
MissConduct
Neutral
Mine is on that ship too. Waiting, not too patiently, here in Santa Cruz for my Mini to arrive.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:06 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
My MA said the ship would dock in Port Hueneme on May 5th with another 1 week to get to my dealership (Bob Smith in Calabasas-no I didn't pay Markup).

Old 04-16-2008, 08:05 PM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
one week after it docks at Port Hueneme? I think its another 2-4 days at the dealership for them to 'check' it or whatever... so we are looking at mid May?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:09 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by helloimpaul
one week after it docks at Port Hueneme? I think its another 2-4 days at the dealership for them to 'check' it or whatever... so we are looking at mid May?
Don't really know to be honest. My MA said we'd have it on the 12th. Are you able to track the ship? When I check, the WW website doesn't give me any information as to when the ship left or its ETA.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:22 PM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
I just went on WW tracked MINI on the Auto cargo with the VIN... when the info pops up I clicked on ED815-ISO on the Voyage Priority... Thats where I see the schedule for ISOLDE... looks like it departed on 4/14 and will arrive at 5/5... I hear that there used to be a website that tracks where the ship is but that site is no longer free. Something ridiculous like over a grand to sign up.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:25 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
Oh, I didn't know you could click there. Now I see it. Thanks buddy. I am tired of waiting already!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:32 PM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
haha I know me too. I just stumbled on that link yesterday... Im trying to figure out how to track it... www.sailwx.info site I believe gives you coordinates, but not if the ship is too close to land...

Once its in US... this site: http://aisfree.aislive.com. But I think this is the one that you have to pay for now.

I'm totally with you tho. What kind of MINI did you get?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:40 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
2008 MCS Pepper White on Black roof/mirrors, Convenience and Premium packages, Automatic, Xenon, black bonnet stripes, 16" Bridge Spokes. This is my fiance's car and she can't drive a manual or else we would have ordered a completely different car. What about you?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:53 PM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
08 MC Pepper White, Black roof&mirrors, I got an Auto as well... manual is kind of a pain with the traffic I have to deal with, dailiy. I am really into the offset stripe. I probly have to order it and have it installed, too scared to do it myself.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:36 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
I'm digging being on a ship with my Pepper White siblings! mine is PP white/PP white. I love having a color that not as many folks have. I do like the dark silver a lot, but just too many of them in the bay area. Plus the white was just so striking on this car. Here was my original configuration:

2008 MCS in Pepper White with Pepper White roof
JCW carbon fiber hood scoop
18inch JCW R105 wheels
Redwood Red leather interior
Piano black dash
DSC and LSD
Xenon headlamps
Rear fog lamps
Chrome line interior
Leather multifunction steering wheel
Hi Fi sound system
Bluetooth/iPod adapter
MINI cooper S illuminated sills
wheel locks
alarm

Since ordering it I decided against the JCW 18 inch wheels. Too impractical on these Oakland/Berkeley roads. Not to mention the price is ridiculously inflated. So I am getting the stock 16inch bridge spokes and still contemplating on what wheels I want from Tire Rack or someplace like that. I will go with 17 inch wheels and some nice all season non runflat tires. I also plan on getting new speakers/amp/sub installed pretty quickly after I pick it up. Have to have some "phat" sound. haha-

Old 04-16-2008, 09:37 PM
porifera
1st Gear
Originally Posted by helloimpaul
haha I know me too. I just stumbled on that link yesterday... Im trying to figure out how to track it... www.sailwx.info site I believe gives you coordinates, but not if the ship is too close to land...
I tried the ships call sign there (I think it is SLKB) and it only shows an old tracking from back in November of '07 up in Seattle. I played with a couple of sites around Southampton and was able to track it for a short while but now that it is away at sea I haven't found it again.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:42 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
I found a pdf with some info on the Isolde and it said the ship's call sign was 9V5544. Can anyone confirm which one is right? Either way, I still wasn't able to get any tracking info with my number.
Cheers-

Old 04-16-2008, 09:44 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
By the way, here is the pdf.

Last edited by drummergirl; 06-14-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:07 PM
porifera
1st Gear
Originally Posted by crossrap
I found a pdf with some info on the Isolde and it said the ship's call sign was 9V5544. Can anyone confirm which one is right? Either way, I still wasn't able to get any tracking info with my number.
Cheers-
That appears to have been the call sign before 12/15/2001. I don't really just make this crap up, even though it sounds like it.

I used http://cgmix.uscg.mil/PSIX/PSIXSearch.aspx for the call sign. Put ISOLDE as vessel name and FREIGHT SHIP as vessel service. The flag is Sweden, the other call sign flag was Singapore.

Last edited by porifera; 04-16-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:15 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
that's so funny. i guess if ours were on the ship with my call sign they'd be vintage mini's! hehe. thanks for the great info. at least now i have the right call sign. wish the 5th would get here. i just want our cars to make it safely to shore.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:16 PM
dphouse
2nd Gear
I'm digging being on a ship with my Pepper White siblings! mine is PP white/PP white. I love having a color that not as many folks have. I do like the dark silver a lot, but just too many of them in the bay area. Plus the white was just so striking on this car. Here was my original configuration:

2008 MCS in Pepper White with Pepper White roof
JCW carbon fiber hood scoop
18inch JCW R105 wheels
Redwood Red leather interior
Piano black dash
DSC and LSD
Xenon headlamps
Rear fog lamps
Chrome line interior
Leather multifunction steering wheel
Hi Fi sound system
Bluetooth/iPod adapter
MINI cooper S illuminated sills
wheel locks
alarm

Since ordering it I decided against the JCW 18 inch wheels. Too impractical on these Oakland/Berkeley roads. Not to mention the price is ridiculously inflated. So I am getting the stock 16inch bridge spokes and still contemplating on what wheels I want from Tire Rack or someplace like that. I will go with 17 inch wheels and some nice all season non runflat tires. I also plan on getting new speakers/amp/sub installed pretty quickly after I pick it up. Have to have some "phat" sound. haha-
My sentiments exactly. I am going to get my fiance some nice 17" wheels with non runflat tires as well. However I would be interested in purchasing the 18" JCW wheels off of you if you decide on selling them.

Last edited by dphouse; 04-16-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:27 PM
porifera
1st Gear
that's so funny. i guess if ours were on the ship with my call sign they'd be vintage mini's! hehe. thanks for the great info. at least now i have the right call sign. wish the 5th would get here. i just want our cars to make it safely to shore.
On the other hand, I haven't had any better luck finding it again with the SLKB call sign so yours was just as good!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:52 AM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
so.... is it the fifth yet?

Old 04-17-2008, 09:36 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Yeah, this wait is killing me. I have set up some milstone markers on my calendar. I put a little drawing of a car on each significant date, then I color the car in when the date has passed. So instead of thinking of the 5th, I am focusing on the 27th when the ship arrives/leaves Panama. Gives me a little goal to look forward to, and an opportunity to check the tracking website. I will sleep easier when the date turns red.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:51 AM
aem
1st Gear
We've already put our MINI on our Garmin GPS for when she gets here. I think my wife's current car is envious that we never put the image of her on there.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:09 AM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
Yeah, this wait is killing me. I have set up some milstone markers on my calendar. I put a little drawing of a car on each significant date, then I color the car in when the date has passed. So instead of thinking of the 5th, I am focusing on the 27th when the ship arrives/leaves Panama. Gives me a little goal to look forward to, and an opportunity to check the tracking website. I will sleep easier when the date turns red.
haha! That’s an obsessively good idea... how bout this... I can make a miniature track and move the car up everyday... and the finish line can be the arrival date. Perhaps a little tunnel to represent the Panama canal. Something to keep busy. hehe.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:20 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
OMG! that is great. Ok, so now you have my little mind thinking... I believe I will buy a miniature MINI, make a track, and move it along the milestones accordingly. Heck, maybe I should buy an 18 wheeler to put it in for when it leaves the VDC.

Quick Reply: All Aboard the ISOLDE