1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 08:47 AM
LRonan
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Newbie

I got my Cabrio 3 weeks ago and I love it! Now, I've already learned not to call it cute but am I allowed to call a 60+ yr old zipping around in her cabrio convertible a 'Cute' picture

I do have a question and hope I'm in the right forum. I didn't get the OBC. Is that not standard? I'm surprised they didn't try to sell me on it. I did not get the sport package, because the stripe is a bit much for me. Now I think I'm sorry I didn't read ahead more.

Can the OBC be installed after purchase?

Last edited by LRonan; 04-25-2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: mispelling
Old 04-25-2008, 11:11 AM
revray
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I noticed that you hadn't received any responses, so I thought I would at least respond and say welcome to NAM and to MINI ownership and to your new opportunity for cuteness!

As for your question about the OBC, I'm afraid I don't know what that is, so I won't be able to help you there. However, I would suggest that you maybe go back into your original post and edit the Title so that it reflects your OBC question a bit better. You might get more hits that way.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:36 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LRonan
I do have a question and hope I'm in the right forum. I didn't get the OBC. Is that not standard? I'm surprised they didn't try to sell me on it. I did not get the sport package, because the stripe is a bit much for me. Now I think I'm sorry I didn't read ahead more.

Can the OBC be installed after purchase?
Well let me be the second one to welcome you to MINI and NAM.

As for the question about the OBC (On Board Computer) it may be costly to install it afterwards but the answer is yes it can be installed.
If you're regretting not getting the stripes, I would'nt worry about it you can always get them added easily.

Don't forget to say hello in the Cabrio section of the forum.

David from Greer, SC

Old 04-26-2008, 04:49 AM
revray
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought that's what OBC was, but rather than pretend I knew for sure, and then end up looking like a complete idiot if I was wrong, I decided to just look like sort of an idiot right from the start.

I'm glad CabrioPilot could answer your question. And again, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Old 04-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you are enjoying your Cabrio....

As far as adding on the OBC, I would imagine that you can, but a call to the parts department at your local dealer will give you the answer you are looking for and price. Happy Motoring!

Donna