1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 12:51 PM
bfdl
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings

Greetings From Springfield, Missouri. The center of the known Universe . . .

I am a new owner of a used 05 MINI Cooper. I haven't had it registered yet, because when I went to have it inspected, I was informed that I had no turn signals or brake lights. I also have no hazard flashers either.

I got this vehicle for my girlfriend, but I was quite taken with it as a driving experience. Other than the lights, I really like it. I have been all over the thing trying to trace this problem with no luck.

The nearest dealer is 200 miles away. Sorry to make my first post with a complaint, but after imersing myself in mini lore, it doesn't seem to be all that uncommon or inappropriate. Love at first sight rarely takes place without some problems . . .

Old 04-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to NAM. My Dad was born in Springfield... He left when he was 18 - off to the Naval Academy...

Sorry I can't help you out with the problem you are having with your signals though...

Donna

Old 04-26-2008, 10:00 PM
moodylewdd
5th Gear
WOW, that sucks! Maybe its something as simple as a fuse. I hope you can find the problem and remedy it quickly. Your girlfriend must have had lights, so I'll cross my fingers for you. Good luck with your problem...and welcome!

Old 04-26-2008, 10:43 PM
bfdl
Neutral
I suppose it could always suck worse -- At least it starts and runs well. The brake lights and signals, while limiting use of the Cooper, are also serving to keep me driving the speed limit.
Taking the interior apart to try to trace the problem has provided me with a pretty good education on how the MINI goes together. Once I finally figure this out I believe that I will still be happy about my purchase.

Donna, the reason I say Springfield is "the center of the known universe" is because wherever I roam, I always run into people who have some tie to my home town.

Thanks for the wonderful welcome

Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 AM
ColdFyre
2nd Gear
if your nearest dealer is 200 miles away, it sounds like it's time for a ROAD TRIP!! WHOO HOO!

I should be picking up my ClubMan this week and I plan on taking a nice long weekend trip either this week or next week

Old 04-27-2008, 11:16 AM
NashvilleMiniStan
5th Gear
Welcome, I know you will enjoy even with a few problems.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:09 PM
MINI TREKKIE
3rd Gear
Welcome to the world of MINI