1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:06 PM
gotmoxie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Googly Moogly - So many of us have either taken delivery this past week or are frustratingly on the edge, I can't keep up with the posts! When a badge is agreed upon and accepted (I like the one that was submitted; I just didn't know if others were submitting ideas) I WANT ONE! Honorary or not; this is the group of MINIS Newton emigrated with! I'd like a chance to recognize other '08 23r's at events. Even though he was ordered April 18th, he was painted May 30th and arrived via the Sierra Nevada Hgwy.

I'm loving all the great photos and vanity plates! Did I miss the post - is Nugget's photo on here yet?

P.S. Is anyone else having problems keeping their settings (seat position, radio station, mirror angle etc.) intact? LOL I just looked outside in the driveway and guess what's NOT in the driveway again - out for a spin with my better half apparently; the Miata is getting jealous as it sits in the garage...

P.P.S. Our vanity plates for the Miata read XUM XUM (all other versions of Zoom-zoom were taken) We're thinking of XUG XUG for the Clubman... Personally, I thought MORDORS was hilarious, but other than Tolkein fans, I'm not sure anyone would appreciate that.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:15 PM
krim
5th Gear
All you people quit motoring and post photos for us MINI-less. (like that'll happen)

Who's going to be the first to get a plate WK23MBR?

Old 07-01-2008, 05:33 PM
ThommyG
Banned
Originally Posted by DC1
Sorry to be so ignorant. Is the VDC the port where the cars came in so that we then have to wait until they are trucked to us? If so, when do you think the cars would actually be delivered? I am waiting for a JCW as well!
The Vehicle Distribution Center is an arm of the BMW distribution network. BMW has a number VDCs at port facilities state side. Typically cars move through the VDC fairly quicikly -- a few days. The 2009 JCW release data has mine hung up.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:03 PM
MCEnvy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Chernobyl
Agreed...love the badge...I'd buy one!

This is so painful watching you all taken possession of your babies. Ironically, I hit dry land before most you (in Halifax), but the train journey across Canada sets me back a while. Quite the epic journey for my car: a ship ride across the Atlantic, a train ride across North America and then a covered truck to my dealer!

But congrats all so far and I hope to be joining you soon enough.

And a huge round of applause to OWG for keeping us all sorted out!
Hey fellow Canadian... so let me get this straight - it takes nearly a full month of transport between the arrival at the VDC and delivery at your dealer? Wow! I would think the train ride would take a week, a week and a half at the most. That's pretty gruelling! Probably would be more feasible to just fly it straight from the factory to BC.

I haven't had any luck getting a VIN, but am told it will be at the dealer "soon". A week soon? 2 weeks soon? Who knows. Soon isn't soon enough, but I guess it will get there when it gets there.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:23 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gotmoxie
Great Googly Moogly - So many of us have either taken delivery this past week or are frustratingly on the edge, I can't keep up with the posts! When a badge is agreed upon and accepted (I like the one that was submitted; I just didn't know if others were submitting ideas) I WANT ONE! Honorary or not; this is the group of MINIS Newton emigrated with! I'd like a chance to recognize other '08 23r's at events. Even though he was ordered April 18th, he was painted May 30th and arrived via the Sierra Nevada Hgwy.

I'm loving all the great photos and vanity plates! Did I miss the post - is Nugget's photo on here yet?

P.S. Is anyone else having problems keeping their settings (seat position, radio station, mirror angle etc.) intact? LOL I just looked outside in the driveway and guess what's NOT in the driveway again - out for a spin with my better half apparently; the Miata is getting jealous as it sits in the garage...

P.P.S. Our vanity plates for the Miata read XUM XUM (all other versions of Zoom-zoom were taken) We're thinking of XUG XUG for the Clubman... Personally, I thought MORDORS was hilarious, but other than Tolkein fans, I'm not sure anyone would appreciate that.
Sorry everyone, my husband only took pictures of me in the car, Not the car... (didn't understand the concept of taking the camera). I don't want to post them, no one whats to see me... so I will take some photos in the next couple of days and get them here.

I brought her home last night and back and forth to work today and a trip to walmart to get some clear mats I want to cover the carpet mats before they get ruined. total in 24 hours 120 miles!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:36 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
I don't want to post them, no one whats to see me... so I will take some photos in the next couple of days and get them here.
I had to go digging for the post below but I wanted to make sure you weren't held to a double standard. We expect pictures promptly.

Originally Posted by StarryEyed @ 06-20-2008, 05:06 PM
How come you don't have any pictures of you in your mini yet? Embarrassed by the HUGE smile still plastered on your face??

Old 07-01-2008, 07:39 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
+1 to zonedguy's post. You had me laughing.

Oh and no word on my mats yet....

Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 PM
DChap
5th Gear
I still need mats, i tried to buy them while i was at Ottos monday, but they said the parts dept. closes at 5 so I couldn't. But, i think I am going to try again to get them for free, i had a crappy service experience.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:50 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OK, Ok, no double standard here.... I have successfully downloaded some pics in my gallary! Ignore the huge smile after receiving the keys!!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:56 PM
DChap
5th Gear
nice gemgirl. I was trying to see if I could see Altoid out of the window, but i can't. must be after I had left.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
OK, Ok, no double standard here.... I have successfully downloaded some pics in my gallary! Ignore the huge smile after receiving the keys!!!!
BEAUTIFUL!! [both Mommy and baby] Nice capture of the "permagrin"..

Old 07-01-2008, 08:04 PM
krim
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Tweeckey
BEAUTIFUL!! [both Mommy and baby] Nice capture of the "permagrin"..
I thought it was a photo of reunited twins, both wearing lovely grins.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:09 PM
krim
5th Gear
Originally Posted by zonedguy
I may have been out motoring but I've not abandoned the thread! To prove I'm still with you, attached is my rough go at a badge.

I've had my MINI for 10 days now, I've already gone and completed some of the really simple aesthetic mods: blue LED light replacement, airbag stickers, and stubby antenna. I'm at 584 miles and still on my 2nd tank of gas, woo hoo! It did cost me $54 to fill up the other day though I got my plates via FedEx yesterday and ordered my vanity plates last night: SIZMTRS
Yay, we're on a badge.. we're famous, or infamous... not quite sure yet.

Good job on the rough up on the badge. Maybe you and DC can get together and create something even the non-23'ers will want to sport somewhere.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
"I was thinking of adding the badge to my Sig for a while, that way, people around NAM would recognize the Week 23ers.."

If that's ok with you, Zoned.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:39 PM
gotmoxie
2nd Gear
Nugget's beautiful; as is that happy-new-MINI-owner smile!! Congratulations! Many balmy sunny days to you both for motoring with the top down!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Greg Davis
4th Gear
Congrats GemGirl.

Now drop your top..............errr, you know what I mean!

Go have some fun. I can't really say mine's economical at the moment. I keep coming up with excuses to drive somewhere.

Light bulb out?............Honey, I'll be right back.
Low on peanut butter?...........Honey, I'll be right back.
Bread's not soft enough?.........Well, you get the picture.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:15 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Tweeckey
"I was thinking of adding the badge to my Sig for a while, that way, people around NAM would recognize the Week 23ers.."

If that's ok with you, Zoned.
By all means, I put it out there for public consumption and condemnation. Do with it what you will, I'm still waiting to see what others come up with!

That means you DChap....

Old 07-01-2008, 09:33 PM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zonedguy
I may have been out motoring but I've not abandoned the thread! To prove I'm still with you, attached is my rough go at a badge.
Great work on the badge! One question though: I assume the stars are the VDCs..why three on the East Coast? I thought it was just New York and Charleston on the East coast?

Old 07-01-2008, 09:55 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by blackjackmark
Great work on the badge! One question though: I assume the stars are the VDCs..why three on the East Coast? I thought it was just New York and Charleston on the East coast?
There is also a VDC in Brunswick, SC. All Charleston bound MINIs are shipped into Greer, SC's VDC.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:01 PM
phxsteele
4th Gear
Am I week 23?

I think my MINI is a week 23 also. I am on the Asian Chorus right now due into port on the 3rd. My MA is saying to expect delivery approx. 10th to the 15th.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:22 PM
krim
5th Gear
if you're on AC, then you're either a 23 or 24. Either way, you're welcome here.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Welcome phxsteele and join us other West Coasters in waiting for our babies aboard the AC! 2 more days to go!!

Old 07-02-2008, 03:15 AM
richs10
5th Gear
Gemgirlpa - Congratulations!!
She looks great! and that's some grin on your face!
Rich

Old 07-02-2008, 05:09 AM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Gem's car is bad-a$$! - Looks fantastic!

Old 07-02-2008, 05:15 AM
MINIspud
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BahnMan
MINIspud and I have our cars. Good meeting you, Alex. Awesome cars. Awesome motoring. Photos coming.

AJ

Your clubman looked GREAT!!

I didnt bring my pix to work this morn. I will try to get them up tonight.
It was soo cool that BahnMan and I's car were parked next to each other ready for pickup!!

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group