1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MINIspud

Option 1:
- and yes they do.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 AM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
My plate will be SHNGSTR

1. There will be hot pink stars blah blah blah ... you've heard it a hundred times

2. My mom used to sing "Shining Star" by The Manhattans to me all of the time before she passed. (Very young)

Old 07-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
17" Wheels

I have a question for you guys that have it.. how's the bumpiness?

I ordered the stock 15" rotator spokes for now with the thought of getting aftermarket wheels later on.. I found a seller for a crown spokes with a good deal and am thinking of getting that. My brother told me I'll have to sacrifice the ride comfort though. What do you think?

All suggestions and opinions greatly appreciated!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:19 AM
OWG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Tweeckey
I have a question for you guys that have it.. how's the bumpiness?

I ordered the stock 15" rotator spokes for now with the thought of getting aftermarket wheels later on.. I found a seller for a crown spokes with a good deal and am thinking of getting that. My brother told me I'll have to sacrifice the ride comfort though. What do you think?

All suggestions and opinions greatly appreciated!
Yep! You trade away the side-wall flex. If you go with standard (non runflats) you will still some flex. In my analysis it was comfort vs. style. Comfort prevailed.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:47 AM
mrmrsjackson
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ThommyG
I just got off the phone with my MA. She'd just got off the phone with the BMW district manager. The official word is NO 2009 JCWs will be released from the VDC until July 14th.... contrary to the intel we received earlier -- that cars would be released 7/7. A couple other cars that arrived on the Westenr Highway are at my dealer now. This inhales deeply
Just got off of the phone with 866-ASK-MINI and Rochelle (very nice girl) informed me that the cars go ON SALE on the 14th. That would lead me to beleive that they would leave the VDC before then and get to the dealership in time for dealer prep allowing aspiring motorers to pick them up on the 14th. That also confirms what my MA told me. He said that he expects the car "any day now" and will call me when it comes in. He said that he would "tell me what wall it is behind and if I happen to wander over there and look at the car, so be it!"

Anyway, there is a lot of conflicting info our there surronding the JCW. One would think that with the release, there would be more concrete information. As of now though, it sounds to me like the cars will be ready to pick up anbd motor on the 14th. If I have any more info, I will certainbly share.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:11 PM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
mrmrsjackson- that stinks if you and the other JCW's have to wait and they didn't inform you beforehand. BUT super cool of your dealer to tell you that you can get a sneak peak even if you aren't "supposed to"

Old 07-02-2008, 12:13 PM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
MA out today but I spoke to someone else who said he thinks my car is getting picked up from NJ on the 4th (he said yes they are open?) and I should have it mid-next week. Let's hope so, I am supposed to take it on a road trip-vacation on the 12th!!! I could have been motoring by now!

Old 07-02-2008, 12:19 PM
YsIFit
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by StarryEyed
My plate will be SHNGSTR

1. There will be hot pink stars blah blah blah ... you've heard it a hundred times

2. My mom used to sing "Shining Star" by The Manhattans to me all of the time before she passed. (Very young)
I already ordered my plate. It says Ys I Fit. I know, a shocker huh? (I'm 6'9"... so it's an answer to the first question people say when I get out of the car or when I tell people I own a MINI.)

Old 07-02-2008, 12:30 PM
mrmrsjackson
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DanceForMINI
MA out today but I spoke to someone else who said he thinks my car is getting picked up from NJ on the 4th (he said yes they are open?) and I should have it mid-next week. Let's hope so, I am supposed to take it on a road trip-vacation on the 12th!!! I could have been motoring by now!
Fingers crossed.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:33 PM
mrmrsjackson
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DanceForMINI
mrmrsjackson- that stinks if you and the other JCW's have to wait and they didn't inform you beforehand. BUT super cool of your dealer to tell you that you can get a sneak peak even if you aren't "supposed to"
Either way, I am just happy to be getting out of a gas guzzler! If I don't get it until a few days after the 14th, well, it is what it is. Maybe I will give my MA a call right now! Dance, I am sure that everything will work itself out and you will be motoring vey soon!

Old 07-02-2008, 12:38 PM
extremevalues
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMama2
Wonder if they hung out together on the ship over? Probably, Maggy is a social butterfly.
I'm sure they had a great time on the ship over. Jack Jack is quite the flirt, he's having fun with all the girls here in texas, they just love his accent. I can't imagine who he meets in the parking garage every day!

Originally Posted by MiniMama2
Over the weekend, I found some luggage in yellow from Red Oxx that will fit in the boot.
That luggage is sweet, the color looks just like mellow yellow! I haven't measured the boot, which pieces will fit in there? That safari beano pr5 looks like a nice size for a weekend.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Chernobyl
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by OWG
Almost a full month on a train. Gee could it be more painful?
Originally Posted by MCEnvy
Hey fellow Canadian... so let me get this straight - it takes nearly a full month of transport between the arrival at the VDC and delivery at your dealer? Wow! I would think the train ride would take a week, a week and a half at the most. That's pretty gruelling! Probably would be more feasible to just fly it straight from the factory to BC.
Naw, it's not quite that bad. My sig was a bit misleading (the July 14th date is when my dealer told me to expect delivery, NOT when it would get off the train). The actual train journey across Canada was only about 10 days, and my car has now disembarked. The problem is that it disembarked in Vancouver - about four hours (driving time) away. It will come the remainder of the way by truck to my dealer.

So, what's puzzling me is that all the remains is the truck ride and dealer prep. Sheesh, how can that take almost two weeks?!

I'm hoping the dealer was being conservative and with luck I'll take delivery next week.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
OWG
5th Gear
All - I am dropping off the net to go camping for the next four days. For those of you taking delivery, congratulations and I'll catch up when I get home Sunday.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:23 PM
extremevalues
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by OWG
All - I am dropping off the net to go camping for the next four days. For those of you taking delivery, congratulations and I'll catch up when I get home Sunday.
Have fun! and thanks for all of your hard work keeping tabs on everyone!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:33 PM
extremevalues
2nd Gear
Wow! Away from the computer for a day and I'm finally all caught up!

Congrats to everyone who took delivery! They are some nice rides! The beige leather looks fabulous! I like the white wheels with the Sparkling Silver, never would have thought of that.

Like the badge, can't wait to see what dchap comes up with.

I have been seeing more and more MINIs on the road lately. I think everyone is getting one! I saw two on my way to work, when I normally never see any along that route. There are some days when I see a dozen, and some days when I see none. I take that back, I will see at least one (MINE) every day from now on!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by OWG
Have fun OWG and we'll keep the thread updated while you're gone!
Thanks for the input too!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:44 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Hey 23ers... do I get to be an honorary Week 23 member? I was one of the originals (posting #2, right behind OWG), but then my production got pushed up. Started in Week 21, finished in week 22, left Southampton in Week 23). Arrived at the dealer yesterday (7/1) and trying to schedule delivery for tomorrow!

Old 07-02-2008, 02:10 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
Hey 23ers... do I get to be an honorary Week 23 member? I was one of the originals (posting #2, right behind OWG), but then my production got pushed up. Started in Week 21, finished in week 22, left Southampton in Week 23). Arrived at the dealer yesterday (7/1) and trying to schedule delivery for tomorrow!
+1 Aye

You taught us the ways of W&W and KLine shipping schedules!

Old 07-02-2008, 02:17 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
+2

Old 07-02-2008, 02:18 PM
hexnut
2nd Gear
+3.5 Aye!

Old 07-02-2008, 02:21 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear

Hopefully I'll have photos of Wellington tomorrow!

Old 07-02-2008, 03:44 PM
DChap
5th Gear
ahh i guess we'll let you in to the club haha

Old 07-02-2008, 03:46 PM
DChap
5th Gear
i am going to try and make a badge tonight, I have been busy learning other programs recently. Apple Pro Aps are consuming my time, along with work.

I never got a customer service survey call from Ottos, or a return call from the service manager that I had called and left a message for. Oh well.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:31 PM
MiniMama2
2nd Gear
Maggy's HERE

Just got home from the dealership. Maggy is all mine!! I can't believe how great these cars are to drive. I took the long way home (53 miles) and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. She is definitely a Maggy (thank you very much) and is everything and more than I expected. Will post pics tomorrow.

Do I get my wings now?

Old 07-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Fuso
1st Gear
Originally Posted by chknlil
The controls and options will keep me busy for a month. I'll be figuring out the bluetooth phone thing soon. Although it seems wayyyy complicated.

I picked up my MINI on Friday and had the bluetooth working the next day. My husband read the manual as we drove from Baltimore to NYC. We had it workign within minutes and both of us are technology challenged.

I have a blackberry 8730e.

It was really funny one night we stopped to make a call. I forgot about the bluetooth. I dialed 411 to get a phone number for a hotel. And my car talked to me! of course it was the bluetooth. But we both laughed that this car is so good it can make hotel resevervations!

good luck!

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group