1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:52 AM
spidrz06
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats to all those who have received their babies while I was on hiatus.. they are all beautiful!!!

All of us on Asian Chorus-- we have made port!!!!! I posted a pic in the Asian Chorus thread...

Old 07-03-2008, 07:15 AM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
Originally Posted by blackjackmark
Saw him for the first time on the showroom floor sitting next to two S-brothers...all three Chili Red! I'm KICKING myself as I realized on the way home I DID NOT take a pic of all three of them together...it would have been the perfect "Where's Waldo" image!

And granted, maybe my vision is altered by the goggles of being a proud papa, but I believe Waldo was the nicest looking one of the bunch!
A "Where's Waldo" pic would have been cute! Nice MINI though!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:18 AM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMama2
Starry, the transaction went well, but was lengthy. Part of the reason was the checklist. Thanks to whoever made it up. We checked every item on the list and were laughing at how little we knew about the MINI. I think they would have liked it better if we hadn't taken so long, but I wanted to be sure. Even with the list, still forgot to find out how to initialize the Sirius radio. Have a call to Cliff to find out. They gave me a very nice MCM key chain. Gave Orca tons of doggy treats. MCM is now one of her fav places!! Rainy and wet this morning, so I am in the garage with Maggy learning to get all the settings. So far, so good!
I don't know that I'll do that whole checklist. I'm going to make sure that everything I ordered is there. My boyfriend is going with me and he's the level headed one when we go to the dealership. When I first test drove a mini, I couldn't even remember if it had cup holders in it. So needless to say, I won't make it througha whole list, and wouldn't notice something wrong anyways. But Dave will! lol.. That's what he's there for. Good thing he's a car guy and will know what to look for anyways.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:19 AM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
Originally Posted by zonedguy

However, I did have a really cute girl in a PW R56 wave and then motor in line with me for a good 30 miles last weekend.
That's always nice!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:58 AM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Waves...

I hadn't been motoring in Waldo for more than 10 minutes, and the first MINI I encountered waved at me! (shout out to the yellow R53 in near the Galleria in STL yesterday around 7pm...thanks!)

My cousin thinks I'm mental 'cause he couldn't understand why that was such a big deal!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:15 AM
chippey46
1st Gear
I hadn't been motoring in Waldo for more than 10 minutes, and the first MINI I encountered waved at me! (shout out to the yellow R53 in near the Galleria in STL yesterday around 7pm...thanks!)

My cousin thinks I'm mental 'cause he couldn't understand why that was such a big deal!

YES!! The same thing with me too! My coworkers think I'm a bit touched in the head because i come into work all excited that I got waved at by other Mini's!

Old 07-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by StarryEyed
So needless to say, I won't make it througha whole list, and wouldn't notice something wrong anyways. But Dave will! lol.. That's what he's there for. Good thing he's a car guy and will know what to look for anyways.
I agree! But in my case, it's my big brother!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:14 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Saw him for the first time on the showroom floor sitting next to two S-brothers...all three Chili Red! I'm KICKING myself as I realized on the way home I DID NOT take a pic of all three of them together...it would have been the perfect "Where's Waldo" image!

And granted, maybe my vision is altered by the goggles of being a proud papa, but I believe Waldo was the nicest looking one of the bunch!

He's got over 200 miles on him already. Had 8 at delivery but I live a fair bit away from the dealership. Unfortunately he got rained on but it gave me an opportunity to try out the rain sensing wipers....LOVE'EM!!

Gotta run back outside and sit in the car and fiddle with all the settings....it's gonna be a LATE night!
beautiful!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Oh yeah... THERE'S WALDO!
Congrats to the proud daddy!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:29 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chippey46
YES!! The same thing with me too! My coworkers think I'm a bit touched in the head because i come into work all excited that I got waved at by other Mini's!
Your working at the wrong place! Oh wait, so am I... coworkers laugh when we go out for lunch i make everyone in the car do a MINI shout out!

Old 07-03-2008, 12:35 PM
MINImalistnam
3rd Gear
White wheels on fourth day of ownership

Well, I've washed them twice already. Almost laughed when I read some week 21'er say he pulled his white wheels off and waxed them. Not laughing now ! He was right. The MCS bridge-spoke wheel goes back beyond where you can reach w/o taking off the wheel.

My MA said to get some paste wax, so I went to Wallyworld on my lunch hour and bought some Meguir's TX paste, did I spel that right ? Anyway,
over the 4th weekend guess I'm gonna do it.

Should have had Invisishield put on the wheels, too

Had one other issue, e.g. the liftgate warning light kept coming on at every stoplight. Got it to stop by a gentle slam rendered.

Haven't violated my break-in specs yet (Dying to)!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:13 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
I'm loving the pics in this thread. Keep them coming! It gives me something to look forward to....poor Rictus has been sitting at the dealership all ready to go but the $ hasn't cleared yet! (their policy is 7-10 business days) - b.s. I tell ya!

So in the meantime more pics!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:16 PM
phxsteele
4th Gear
toolazy. I recieved my check today from Penfed. It appears that everthing is in order. My balance after deposit was 29k and change. I got the loan for 30k. They sent a check for the exact amount for the loan in the dealers and my name and another check in just my name for the difference. I emailed my MA yesterday to see if there would be a problem with the check, and he told me I had nothing to worry about. Hope you get your MINI soon.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:18 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by phxsteele
toolazy. I recieved my check today from Penfed. It appears that everthing is in order. My balance after deposit was 29k and change. I got the loan for 30k. They sent a check for the exact amount for the loan in the dealers and my name and another check in just my name for the difference. I emailed my MA yesterday to see if there would be a problem with the check, and he told me I had nothing to worry about. Hope you get your MINI soon.
Yeah my dealership just sucks.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:54 PM
YsIFit
2nd Gear
Youch! Sorry to hear 'bout that. I'm out the door early today and on my way to the d'ship .. pics will be coming!!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 02:11 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by YsIFit
Youch! Sorry to hear 'bout that. I'm out the door early today and on my way to the d'ship .. pics will be coming!!!!
That's what I like to hear!

Old 07-03-2008, 04:55 PM
DChap
5th Gear
Alright so I need to be consoled and report some devastating news.

Back story: I work at a busy shopping mall, where no one at all cares about their cars, or the damage they do to them by opening doors. I mean who cares about little dents all over your car right? So I have deliberately been parking at the far corner of the parking lot as far away from everyone as I can get. As an extra insurance policy, I even park diagonally across two spaces to ensure there will be no dings.

Like so....

I have been doing this for a week now. The news is out that those spaces are mine. Today when I arrive, some @$$hole in a white Cadillac is parked in my spaces. Now fair enough, his car was in good condition and he obviously cares as much about his car as I do mine. But he knows they are my spaces! So am forced to park an aisle closer to the mall in a similar space.

It's been a long day, and upon leaving work I miss judged how close the curb was when I started to turn and grew a mouth and bit Altoid. See below.

I know it's only a small nick but its a week old :-( I am going to be waxing the wheels tomorrow, so maybe i'll try and sand it down a bit, what do you think?

Old 07-03-2008, 05:12 PM
MCEnvy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DChap
Like so....

I know it's only a small nick but its a week old :-( I am going to be waxing the wheels tomorrow, so maybe i'll try and sand it down a bit, what do you think?
Hmm.. that really sucks! I don't think you'll get it to look much better. Honestly, you'll forget about it in no time. It's not noticeable unless you know what you're looking for. Consider your wheels to be broken in!

Just need to say something about your parking job. I totally understand where you're coming from and have had dings in my doors before from busy malls and stupid people. I've been tempted to do the same. But am always reminded how pissed off I get when I see people park like that, especially at a busy mall. I would be very careful, as many people may be tempted to get you back for doing that. I sincerely hope not, but you never know and it's happened before.

Beautiful car by the way!!! Absolutely love the color, would have been my #1 choice if it was available on a non-S!

Last edited by MCEnvy; 07-03-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Fix quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:16 PM
DChap
5th Gear
I agree, I get pissed at people who park like that in the middle of the parking lot. Or if it is really busy. There is sooooo much space between my car and any other that it would take an ******* to do something or even get mad about it. i'll post another pic.....

Old 07-03-2008, 05:17 PM
DChap
5th Gear
Old 07-03-2008, 05:18 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Welcome Home Wellington!

Hello all... Wellington's home! Here are a couple of pics when we picked him up at the dealership. He's already looking a little different, as he got a clear bra, window tint, and new antenna this afternoon. Only downside is that we can't put the top down, or roll the windows down, for two days while the tint cures.

More photos this weekend!

Old 07-03-2008, 05:24 PM
DChap
5th Gear
stunning. congrats.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Noodle
1st Gear
Wellington looks awesome. The more I see pepper white ones the more I like them. Especially with the Black top.

Also dig you custom badge. I might have to do something like that for Penfold.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:51 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Noodle
Wellington looks awesome. The more I see pepper white ones the more I like them. Especially with the Black top.

Also dig you custom badge. I might have to do something like that for Penfold.
Wellington is a rare White Silver... photos don't do the color justice! I'm planning on new photos Sunday or Monday when I can put the top down.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:54 PM
extremevalues
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
Hello all... Wellington's home!
congrats! He's beautiful!

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group