1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:56 PM
DChap
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's quiet in here today. either everyone is working on their cars like me, or they are out having fun at parties, unlike me

Old 07-04-2008, 05:27 PM
MiniMama2
2nd Gear
Introducing Maggy

A few shots from today of my beautiful Maggy. They were taken after her first wash with those fabulous Prima products. My beloved husband couldn't believe that I actually was in the driveway washing a car!!

I love this car!! What an experience it is to own and motor in this baby.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:21 PM
YsIFit
2nd Gear
Happy (Motoring) 4th to all!!!

Old 07-05-2008, 04:16 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by hexnut
I picked up my MCS this morning. My MA at Knauz MINI (Lake Bluff, IL) was Dan Kuhn. He did a great job with the whole process from start of order to familiarization of the vehicle. I would defiantly recommend Dan and Knauz.

I got the factory aero kit and the wheel arches are now painted the same as the body color (British Racing Green on my car) as we all read on NAM and from other sources.

The "hill holder clutch" is a nice feature. It's almost too easy.

I am looking forward to getting this car on the track after the break-in period.
congrats on bring him home!!! enjoy !

Old 07-05-2008, 04:18 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Euseys
Hi all,
Good news from Europe!

I got the call today, July 4th!
Our Mini S should be delivered to Caserta, Italy (north of Naples) on JULY 11!
If there is any delay the next delivery would be July 21. We certainly hope there's no delay! So, you'll be getting photos of our girl soon. XOXOX
WOO HOO
Euseys-Naples Italy US Military

that is fantastic! keeping fingers crossed for you....

Old 07-05-2008, 04:24 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
good morning all, hope everyone had a great 4th! Another picnic today and tomorrow! oh well that just means more people to show off the car too!!

I don't think i have ever seen this post so slow! wow.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:26 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Noticed i have not gotten any emails for the last 24 hours or so, to let me know there was posts happening... usually when i turn my computer back on by emial box is full with NAM posts, weird.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Noticed i have not gotten any emails for the last 24 hours or so, to let me know there was posts happening... usually when i turn my computer back on by emial box is full with NAM posts, weird.
I'm with you gemgirlpa! Maybe they're all out of town for the long holiday? Or maybe they went camping with OWG? But yeah, it's reeaally weird to see our thread this slow..

Old 07-05-2008, 08:47 AM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Maybe they're just out motoring! Someone come pick me up.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:47 AM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OL status

Waldo was delivered to the dealier on Sunday, I picked him up Wednesday, and the OL is still showing him "at the VDC". It's amazing how out-of-date that thing is!

If FedEx can track a $10 package the INSTANT it gets delivered, you'd think MINI could track a $20K+ car!

Old 07-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin
Maybe they're just out motoring! Someone come pick me up.
Hey, any news when you'll be able to finally pick your baby up? I mean, that's an awful long time for a check to clear!!

Old 07-05-2008, 10:38 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
seriously, i agree with Tweeckey, that is amazing! amazely stupid that is!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Noodle
1st Gear
Originally Posted by blackjackmark
Waldo was delivered to the dealier on Sunday, I picked him up Wednesday, and the OL is still showing him "at the VDC". It's amazing how out-of-date that thing is!

If FedEx can track a $10 package the INSTANT it gets delivered, you'd think MINI could track a $20K+ car!
BJM,
I couldnt agree more. I would bet our VINs are even emblazend in bar code on a windshield sticker so they could be scanned with a scanner of some sort. I don't know If Im getting mine in 2 weeks or a month. I'm not sure my fingernails could last another month.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:56 PM
mrmrsjackson
2nd Gear
I hope that everyone had a happry 4th of July!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:24 PM
YsIFit
2nd Gear
TooLazy.. you'd be more than wlecome to borrow Oliver if you were in DFW. That's really gotta stink! All I know is I've had mine since Thurs and it's been sheer bliss. I even made the wife help me clean out the garage so he has a place to sleep!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:58 PM
phxsteele
4th Gear
Originally Posted by YsIFit
TooLazy.. you'd be more than wlecome to borrow Oliver if you were in DFW. That's really gotta stink! All I know is I've had mine since Thurs and it's been sheer bliss. I even made the wife help me clean out the garage so he has a place to sleep!

Funny you mention that. I have been cleaning the garage for the last 3 days, at about 112 degrees average per day. I have a 2 car garage that has never had 2 cars in it. I always park my Chevy Avalance in there and now I have made room for the MINI. I repainted the garage floor. Now I am trying to decide if I want to paint in racing stripes? The wife thinks Im crazy... Well maybe I am.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:12 PM
MiniMama2
2nd Gear
Just got back from 300 mile round trip to the thumb of Michigan. Maggy needs another bath, but what a joy to motor in this car. Amazed at the sophistication of the engineering and the details of this vehicle. Mileage is incredible at nearly 34 mpg. Oh my goodness, I'm in love all over again.

Poodle travelled very comfortably in the back seat the entire journey. She is not overly fond of the seat belt fasteners, but has made peace with them.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:50 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tweeckey
Hey, any news when you'll be able to finally pick your baby up? I mean, that's an awful long time for a check to clear!!
I know.....I already had PenFed open up a tracer on it so that I can try to sort this mess out. This Thursday is the 10th business day so I had better have my car by Friday! I sold my car privately last week so no car here atm...

Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
seriously, i agree with Tweeckey, that is amazing! amazely stupid that is!
Just don't buy a car at Prestige Mini and you won't have to worry about it....don't worry the survey will surely reflect this nonsense.

Originally Posted by YsIFit
Hey I appreciate that!

Old 07-05-2008, 08:00 PM
mini01770
3rd Gear
week 26'er here, while waiting I have enjoyed this thread over the past few weeks since it is one of the most active - plenty of drama, highs/lows it is like a HBO MINI-series, good luck to all, love the pictures!

Old 07-05-2008, 08:07 PM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Slow-down of posts

It's amazing how this group has slowed down...as more and more of us get our MINIs and are motoring, not just DREAMING of motoring!!

Waldo has nearly 600 miles on him in 3 days. Gave him his first "feeding" today, averaged 35.7 OBC, 35.2 hand-calc. Currently on 150+ miles after fill-up, averaging over 40 on the OBC! (mostly 50+ mph on state and county routes....the "roads less traveled! )

All that with constant varying of speed during break-in and a new motor...can't wait to see what I'm getting at 5k miles!

Waldo ROCKS!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:44 PM
DChap
5th Gear
i think a lot has to do with the holiday weekend, it's amazing how things always get busy when you have more time to relax.

I get my second service experience on wednesday, let's hope this one goes better than the first.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:47 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Dchaps, what is up? I wanted to ask you the other day, what did you have Al in for service the first time? And what is up with the second service?

Old 07-06-2008, 05:54 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by phxsteele
Funny you mention that. I have been cleaning the garage for the last 3 days, at about 112 degrees average per day. I have a 2 car garage that has never had 2 cars in it. I always park my Chevy Avalance in there and now I have made room for the MINI. I repainted the garage floor. Now I am trying to decide if I want to paint in racing stripes? The wife thinks Im crazy... Well maybe I am.
with all this talk about cleaning out the garage, count me into this also... with the long weekend, I mentioned to my husband at least 4 times, to make time to do this at some point.... we will see! But let's just say, I'm not a patient Italian

Old 07-06-2008, 07:32 AM
MINIspud
5th Gear
Chap, there are companies out there that can repair your wheel. I had the same rash on my 350Z and the guy fixed it like new. So you have options..

I've been out motoring some back roads and the MINI is smooth as silk. Sooo much fun!

4000 RPM and under 100mph

Old 07-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Axela
2nd Gear
Finally.... after long wait.

I picked mine up this week on 1st as well!! Been too busy driving around, and not posting here...

So pleased with how the car drives. Even on all-season runflats, I love how this thing goes... can't wait till I get some sticky summer tires.

Only downside from the whole experience... I asked the dealer not to drill the front bumper for license plate, but the service guy missed the note and drilled. I was quite upset at the time of delivery. I could have not taken delivery with those holes, but I just wanted the car that day more I guess. R56 actually looks decent with front plate, unlike R53. I guess I can find bumper plugs later if I wanted to fix it.

Salesperson felt bad about the bumper holes, and gave me a JCW shift **** for free... the one with carbon fiber and suede leather. Not bad, but I like stock ****!

Time to find installer for clear bra now...

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group