1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:15 AM
spidrz06
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OWG
I'm thinking that we need to start a "MINI dealerships in need training in customer satisfaction" thread.

Of course it's hard to get folks on their best game when they know that they have sold out their entire production allocation for the next two or three months.

But it would be nice for them to at least make an effort....

I agree, I can't get a hold of my MA to find anything out, I have called him almost every day for a week.....Finally the sales manager told me that I can expect the MINI in about 10-15 days (from July 2) She also informed me that the discussion I had with my MA about my roof graphic has not translated to any work, and I need to come in and order that still!!! it didn't get logged in !!! grrrrrr.... So I have been trying to get a hold of my MA regarding that, and so far, no response to me....

Old 07-08-2008, 08:17 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
my opinion only, but I think I would be calling them, instead of waiting for then to call you, let them know you are not only angery about the car issue but also the lack of customer services and lack of promises (via phone) that you have endored! I would be explaining to them you will not hang up until you get satisfaction because they will just say "we will get back to you tomorrow with an answer" and there goes another day. maybe they think if they stall long enough your car will be there and they would be off the hook!
Sorry I'm getting angry for you....

Old 07-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DanceForMINI
He also said a rep. from MINI will be calling me at "9 AM" so anxiously awaiting that too.
No call yet but it's only 9:15. If I don't hear from someone by lunch I WILL be a bit irrate.

9:30, no call.
10:30 and no call.
CALL THEM and give them a piece of your mind. You've been patient long enough.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:51 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Tweeckey
CALL THEM and give them a piece of your mind. You've been patient long enough.
Got my email yesterday about the customer satisfaction survey. Dealer got a 1 (out of 5) score from me, and I typed comments until I ran out of space. Also asked to have someone call me... and MY experience was nothing compared to Dance's!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:54 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
Okay well thanks again for following the saga as it continues.... and trust me, I HAVE been calling them nonstop it seems.

My MA called on lunch and said that they are going to have the rep from MINI USA call myself and the dealer on a confrence call later today and that that person would be the one to give us the answers of who what where when etc.... BUT at the moment, he is having his porters leave with a car for me to use until I get mine. They should have already left and it's a 3 hour drive so I am going to take off at about 2:30 to meet them at my place. Here is the kicker, the dealership doens't have any loaners available so they are sending me a brand new car (that will be for sale?) to use until tomorrow or the next day when a loaner becomes available... to save them the trouble I suggested just waiting until I have THAT car but MA said "No, don't worry about it, we're getting you a car today." So... I guess I will be motoring today! Not my car but hey at least I can familarize myself right?! Boyfriend is hoping for an "S"- I have no idea what they are sending- I will catch you all up in a couple of hours... should I post pictures of my loaner-before-mine ?!?

Old 07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
So... I guess I will be motoring today! Not my car but hey at least I can familarize myself right?! Boyfriend is hoping for an "S"- I have no idea what they are sending- I will catch you all up in a couple of hours... should I post pictures of my loaner-before-mine ?!?
Oooh right on! You're too nice to them to even think of waiting 'til that loaner is available! You're getting a brand new one as a "loaner loaner"!

Post pics nevertheless..

Nice to see you laughing now.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
Got my email yesterday about the customer satisfaction survey. Dealer got a 1 (out of 5) score from me, and I typed comments until I ran out of space. Also asked to have someone call me... and MY experience was nothing compared to Dance's!
Wow, that bad huh? What happened?

Old 07-08-2008, 10:14 AM
OWG
5th Gear
Did your MA discuss the survey at delivery?

I have been debating whether to participate in the customer satisfaction survey. Really mixed feeling here - I have some professional experience in capturing the "voice of the customer" and strongly believe that failing to offer constructive criticism is an abrogation of the buyer/seller social contract. But from what I have been reading, I understand that the survey is used to reward/punish, and is traceable back to the respondent. As such it is self defeating, strangling an opportunity for improvement - and what it tells me is that there is no appetite to improve.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:24 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
OWG- I think you should be honest and really give your experience, it won't help improve things by not telling them how it went either.
Maybe make sure to point out all of the positive things that you were pleased/satisfied with then go into what you were not happy with.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:26 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
SPF- what was it that went wrong at the dealer? Sorry, I forgot to ask!!!! I would give MINI maybe a week or so to give your survey time to escalate and see if someone contacts you as requested, either way if you requested it, happy customer or not, they should follow through with it. If you don't hear from them, I would contact MINI.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:33 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
Tweeckey- Yeah I guess I feel a tad better about everything right now. I don't think the situation is necessarily the fault of one person it's just a bunch of things that just sort of went awry and at this point I just want some answers and my car. Hopefully I will soon. At least I will be able to play with a MINI in the meantime and give my dad his truck back. This isn't the end of it though and I hope they know loaning me a car doesn't solve the problem of me not having MY car... tyring to give room to rectify mistakes though before I write the dealership and all of MINI off! Like I said in the beginning, I had been very pleased with the way I was treated before and when ordering the car (far better that the MI dealership). My MA even said he feels like he is lying by not being able to give me answers but he hasn't gotten any either. His not calling back or answering my calls.... that's another story but if I really do get some answers today I will feel a lot better. Anyway so far, chin up. As my dad says "Try to laugh it off."
Or as in last night, a couple glasses of wine

Old 07-08-2008, 10:49 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I always say though, as long as they are doing something to help the problem, then give them credit, if they didn't even give you a loaner -run them over!
Sounds like an unfortunate mishap... and they are trying to make it better now. I get angry when they don't return calls!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Ok I leave in 45 min to go pick up Rictus. It's about time...

Who's got a link to that checklist that's like 5 pages long...I've lost it in the 3000 posts...

Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
OWG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin

Who's got a link to that checklist that's like 5 pages long...I've lost it in the 3000 posts...
Search and ye shall find....

Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 AM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Thanks boss. I knew I can count on you. It's bookmarked on my desktop...I'm on the laptop atm

Old 07-08-2008, 11:26 AM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Who did this email come from? I got a couple from my dealer the day after delivery, and one was a customer survey, but it was incredibly short and limited while providing no real feedback possibilities. It is my guess it is an independent survey my dealer sends out. I'd like to fill one out for MINI but haven't seen anything yet....

Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 AM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin

Good luck with the floormats! Tell those folks at Prestige "hi!" after you yell at them for their ridiculous policies.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:29 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
toolazy- we're all excited for you!!!! Post pics!!!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Chernobyl
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I've been torn as to how I will respond to any survey request that I get. While I can't really complain about the whole purchase/delivery process (and it's not over yet - just a few more days!), it sure would have been nice to be kept more "in the loop".

I don't feel that my experience comes anywhere near a "5 out of 5" (more like 3.5 out of 5), but I have read some real horror stories here from people who have been treated like total dirt after they gave their MA or SA a poor rating. Based on those experiences I would only recommend the 1/5 ranking for those who have had truly awful experiences (like poor DanceForMINI ).

I suspect that I will have to swallow my pride and give them a 5/5, even though I don't really feel they deserve it. Sigh.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
ProfessorZoom
3rd Gear
Location: second star to the right and straight on 'til morning
Originally Posted by Noodle
After some more badgering I got my MA to tell me when (roughly) Penfold would finally arrive. I have a tenative date of July 23 at 3:30 Are people from Seattle going to get their cars before I do? Man...what did Rasmussen MINI do to tick the trucking company off. Better yet my MA is going on vacation on Wednesday. I guess I will just have to harass his sales manager. Only one other thing to do...
Crikey! I like that name! My wife's MINI arrives (hopefully) this week so she was checking around and saw your post. Had my Penfold since '05, a faithful friend and great sidekick.

As an old teacher of mine once said "Great minds run in the same gutter."

Happy motoring and enjoy!

Professor Zoom.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
go get 'em toolazy!!! show us the pix!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Mainie
1st Gear
Well, I've been silent and absent for some time, due to a frustrating lack of information concerning my Mini's location (sound familiar?) According to the Asian Chorus manifest, it was offloaded at the NJ VDC on June 20, but then it vanished from sight. Projected delivery date reported online was supposed to be June 26, but on that date my MA still didn't know where it was, said to be patient and wait, then he and I both were away on vacation all last week. This afternoon he said he discovered that it is still in NJ at the VDC but doesn't know why. This is not a good sign, and the lack of communication is ridiculous. If there was damage serious enough to keep it in NJ for 2.5 weeks, I am considering refusing the car. If they lost it, there is no excuse. Either way, it is completely unacceptable to have ordered this car on March 28 and still not have it in my garage. If I need to reorder, I will probably go to another dealer elsewhere in the country that has a faster order and delivery timetable.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
mrmrsjackson
2nd Gear
Got a bit of bad news today...well, not as bad as a company having zero accountibility for some of its products...but not the greatest news. I thought that I would be getting my car on Monday but I guess the company wants to release the demo cars first. Looks like I won't be motoring until the end of next week! Bummer! For those of you who have been having problems with your dealership, I am truly sorry to hear that. My MA and Sales manager have been wonderful throughout the entire process. At least there are a few people out there who know what good customer service is.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
DChap
5th Gear
wow, again a lot to catch up on, it's hard keeping up with all of you these days.

Can't wait to see these new pics....

Dance. i'm glad they are giving you a loaner for now, that's atleast something, but I agree they owe a lot more. The extended warranty sounds like a good thing to ask/push for.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:22 PM
bumgardnern
3rd Gear
Ok so I have found out that my MINI was on the Emden. The Emden unloaded last night and my car is supposed to be at the VDC today. If I can believe what the dealership says I should have the car in my hands by Friday night according to the sales manager. My MA will not make the same promise he said it is possible, but he said it could be another wk.

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group