1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want one of the badges too, not sure if I am on the list for those yet.

Today is my last day at my current job and I don't have internet set up at the new place yet so it may take a couple days for me to get back on here but I'll be around soon!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:14 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
spidrz why are you taking the roof graphic off? I think it looks sweet!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:15 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
OWG you have done an amazing job keeping up on all of this- cheers and hats off to you!!!!!

I will throw in a bit extra to cover OWG's badge too!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:39 AM
spidrz06
3rd Gear
Well, honestly, I got tired of telling people; Yes, it is a Union Jack.... even with all the other Union jacks on the car, people are still like what's up with that? and Where's the white??... so I am going to do something a bit different...I am sure it exists out there somewhere to purchase, as I am sure I am not the first with this idea..... but I am going to have this done on the roof instead. I'm not going through the dealer, I have a 3rd party company in town that is going to apply it.....

Attached Thumbnails Week 23 2008 Support Group-flag.jpg  
Old 07-25-2008, 11:23 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
That's cute.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:15 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
spidrz06-- LOVE IT!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 03:43 PM
DChap
5th Gear
sweet, i think the zip should be down a bit more though. just my 2¢

Old 07-25-2008, 04:02 PM
krim
5th Gear
up a bit more i say. the proportions are all wrong, the 3 Saint crosses aren't offset like the flag of Denmark or Norway

--
oh yeah, tint and bra goes on monday. woohoo!
now i can stop baking my arm every afternoon.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:33 PM
spidrz06
3rd Gear
I actually originally had the Union Jack centered under the zipper, but I want to see more of the Union Jack---(see pic) I guess it could be unzipped more to show more of the flag, but I want to see the closed zipper too... It's still in the tinkering stage, I have not provided it to the vinyl place yet.

I did get the other graphic taken off this afternoon by the dealer... could have done it myself, all they did was peel it up!!! no chemicals or anything... I guess if it had been on longer it may not have been quite so easy.... it was still pretty "fresh"

Attached Thumbnails Week 23 2008 Support Group-uj.jpg  
Old 07-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Fuso
1st Gear
Transmission issues???

I have about 2500 miles on my OB/W '08 MC/automatic transmission already. (Took delivery on June 26, 2008) I haven't called the dealer yet, but I'm thinking I have a transmission problem. I wanted to run it by you guys who all have just recieved their Mini's to see if its something unusual or its just me.

I commute 45 miles one way in stop and go traffic. When ever I slow down to around 20 mph, then 10 and 5 it seems that it can't find what gear it wants to be in . It kinda has a small hesitation and then when I have to put the breaks on under 10, it feels like it downshifted and I come to a sudden stop as if I hit the breaks hard. I'm finding this to be really annoying.

I've tried all kinds of scenarios to see if its me driving badly. But it I don't think its me.

Please tell me that there is something that just needs to be adjusted and it will go away.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Fuso
I have about 2500 miles on my OB/W '08 MC/automatic transmission already. (Took delivery on June 26, 2008) I haven't called the dealer yet, but I'm thinking I have a transmission problem. I wanted to run it by you guys who all have just recieved their Mini's to see if its something unusual or its just me.

I commute 45 miles one way in stop and go traffic. When ever I slow down to around 20 mph, then 10 and 5 it seems that it can't find what gear it wants to be in . It kinda has a small hesitation and then when I have to put the breaks on under 10, it feels like it downshifted and I come to a sudden stop as if I hit the breaks hard. I'm finding this to be really annoying.

I've tried all kinds of scenarios to see if its me driving badly. But it I don't think its me.

Please tell me that there is something that just needs to be adjusted and it will go away.
My husband asks is this something that has been going on since the beginning or is this just starting? He suggests to get it to the dealership for adjustments pretty quickly, before any damage occures.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Fuso
1st Gear
Thanks for the reply, Its been doing this almost from the start.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:32 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Thanks for the reply, Its been doing this almost from the start.
You might want to call them and when you take it in, drive it with a mechanic in the car, so if it is something you are doing they can tell you... if it is the car they will know exactly what you are talking about. Good luck.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:36 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Ok so this morning I hit 1200 miles... now the fun really starts!
My husband was driving back from dinner tonight and well let's just say 110 miles per hour!
I need better hairspray!

Old 07-25-2008, 06:37 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
I haven't called the dealer yet, but I'm thinking I have a transmission problem.
Do you have the paddle-shifters? If you do, then maybe it's not in full Automatic mode? Just a thought! Good luck ...

Old 07-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Fuso
1st Gear
Originally Posted by chowdah
Do you have the paddle-shifters? If you do, then maybe it's not in full Automatic mode? Just a thought! Good luck ...
I've played with the paddle shifters, but I'm not definately not using them in stop and go traffic. I don't think its possible to leave it in that mode with out doing something. Perhaps I search the manual tomorrow.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:05 PM
krim
5th Gear

I think i know what you're talking about. The downshift is a little strange when you're braking. I had a habit from driving the Acura to let off the brake just a little before the last bite/stop. When i'm not paying attention i dont let off and the brakes bite hard to a stop.

IIRC, there's a thread in the stock issues section about a lurching and brakes.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:38 PM
ThommyG
Banned
Originally Posted by mrmrsjackson
You said it my friend! What a wait. My MA informed me that the car was 20 days late going through inspection at the VDC. Gonna do a detailed "once over" before we leave the lot. Got insurance last night too. I am ready to go.

I have to drive from SC to Eastern Tennesse next week. I think a trip through Deals Gap may be in order on the way back!

Thommy, happy motoring today. Post some pics!
Good luck taming the Dragon on your way back and take some pics. Keep an eye peeled for "the fuzz" ... I hear it can be notorious.

We picked up my JCW this afternoon. I bought an extended bumper-to-bumper warranty .. $3K for 84 months. I think that's OK... your thoughts?

I drove my MINI with 13 miles to a wedding and spent the rest of the day there. I just got home....so I really haven't had much chance to play/drive. It does handle like a dream and snap to when you punch it. I'll be driving and taking some pics tomorrow.

Best of luck.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 PM
krim
5th Gear
if the ext warranty will give more peace of mind, or you're prone to limes, then you did good. the finance lady was shocked when i turned everything down, like no one has ever done that before.

--

I'll throw in for OWC's badge when the time comes.

--

I just finished installing my DDM Street intake, sans one bolt and took it around a few blocks, replacing my DIY K&N. There is a noticeable difference, though i'm not sure why. It could be the placement of the MAF, or that the entire system is 2.75", not a 3" down to 2.75" at the MAF. I think that the reducer causes the airflow to be too high in velocity and it confuses the MAF. Also, the smaller K&N filter and the surround keeps the noise down just a little bit.

I gotta head into work tomorrow morning, so i'll test out the higher speeds. I'm pretty sure for my driving style, i made the correct choice replacing the DIY.

Anyone need a 3"-> 2.75" silcone reducer and some clamps?

Old 07-26-2008, 12:48 AM
OWG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ThommyG
Good luck taming the Dragon on your way back and take some pics. Keep an eye peeled for "the fuzz" ... I hear it can be notorious.

We picked up my JCW this afternoon. I bought an extended bumper-to-bumper warranty .. $3K for 84 months. I think that's OK... your thoughts?

I drove my MINI with 13 miles to a wedding and spent the rest of the day there. I just got home....so I really haven't had much chance to play/drive. It does handle like a dream and snap to when you punch it. I'll be driving and taking some pics tomorrow.

Best of luck.
On behalf of the members of Production Week 23, 2008

Delivery #51

Old 07-26-2008, 02:00 AM
Euseys
3rd Gear
Ok, so still waiting to hear from Mike Syfritt from Aesthetic Creations--must admit I'm tempted to ask Ed at Cooper Flags to give us a quote because they seem a little faster. Anyways, just a reminder, here's the list of folks waiting for a badge:

OWG (Compliments of Week 23ers)
ZonedGuy (Compliments of Euseys for designing it in the first place)
Tweeckey
toolazyforalogin
minimama2
mrmrsjackson
greg davis
mirrim
Krim
gemgirl PA
jfp
chippey46
euseys
extremevalues
chernobyl
chknlil
proximal
ThommyG
Richs10
DanceForMini

The moment I hear from Mike Syfritt from Aesthetic Creations, I'll update everyone. I've asked him what he prefers- for us all to use the "web store" and he ship them to us, or for me to just buy them all and square up with each of us using paypal. He hasn't replied yet.

Thanks all.
Euseys

Old 07-26-2008, 07:42 AM
mrmrsjackson
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ThommyG

Best of luck.
We also purchased the extended warranty. The dealership gave us a discount because of all the trouble that we had with them. When we picked up the car they had it in the showroom(pretty neat touch) with the red launch JCW. The car has exceeded ALL expectations that I had. That exhaust sounds bad a@$! A little goose to the throttle and you are off!

Post some pics when you get a chance. Oh yeah, the best part, the ride home I was getting 36 MPG!

Happy motoring!

Attached Thumbnails Week 23 2008 Support Group-img_6456.jpg   Week 23 2008 Support Group-img_6447.jpg   Week 23 2008 Support Group-img_6445.jpg  
Old 07-26-2008, 10:24 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
very nice!!! congrats!

Old 07-26-2008, 10:36 AM
DChap
5th Gear
nice jacksons.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by proximal
Mine too. Where are you going?
Sorry, I thought I was scheduled for today but as it turned out, the tinter was fully booked so I had PeeWee tinted yesterday.

Went to Perfect Window Tint in Harbor Blvd and "Sal", the guy who owns the place is awesome! He knows what he's doing and his work is very good. Plus he has very good rapport with his customers. My brother brought me there because that's where he had the Prius tinted. I went with Hüper Optik Ceramic Tint 40 on all windows plus 20 on the sunroof. And he charged me $375 on all. He gave the sunroof tint for free though the 20 is not the Ceramic tint like what was originally planned because he suggested that a dark shade would better block the heat. Plus since it was hot yesterday.. he bought me free ice cream too. Teehee!

The other place my brother called was charging $475 plus additional $80 on just one sunroof panel!

After everything was done, PeeWee looked awesome! And there was a huuuge difference pre and post tint! I couldn't feel the heat coming through the windows!

I will post pics later, big bro is cleaning him up right now.. while I'm here typing away. I did plan to clean him after breakfast but he beat me to it.

Last edited by Tweeckey; 07-26-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group