1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:02 AM
bumgardnern
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I finally got to take some pictures of the Clubman. We have had the car for like two weeks now and 2300 miles so it was about time for a quickie. She got a bath this morning and then a photoshoot. I tried to get into a friends studio this morning that has a first floor cyc wall but he was shooting so I took it out to the country and took a few that look decent.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:05 AM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Soo....I'm not going to back several pages to find my post, but if you recall MINI USA called me to do my customer satisfaction survey over the phone as they had my email wrong. Yesterday my dealer calls me to thank me for my "excellent reviews and markings with MINIUSA." Ananymous? I think not. Just now my MA called to wish me a "happy 1-month MINIversary" and to thank me for my kind survey ratings.

I was perfectly happy with this as my survey responses were honest and accurate and I was incredibly satisfied with my experience. However...survey responders beware! They WILL know what you said and know that you said it!

Old 07-29-2008, 01:35 PM
DChap
5th Gear
ooooo purdy

Old 07-29-2008, 02:43 PM
MINImalistnam
3rd Gear
Tuxedo black - classy

[quote=bumgardnern;2393408]Well I finally got to take some pictures of the Clubman. We have had the car for like two weeks now and 2300 miles so it was about time for a quickie. [quote] Thanks for the pics, you did a great job ! Monochromaticism delightfully embodied!

Old 07-29-2008, 02:50 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by zonedguy
Soo....I'm not going to back several pages to find my post, but if you recall MINI USA called me to do my customer satisfaction survey over the phone as they had my email wrong. Yesterday my dealer calls me to thank me for my "excellent reviews and markings with MINIUSA." Ananymous? I think not. Just now my MA called to wish me a "happy 1-month MINIversary" and to thank me for my kind survey ratings.

I was perfectly happy with this as my survey responses were honest and accurate and I was incredibly satisfied with my experience. However...survey responders beware! They WILL know what you said and know that you said it!
Oh most definatly they do, my MA called me one day later to thank me! But to be honest I'm glad they are told.
I went in for service a couple weeks ago and had a minor problem and when they asked how my service was, i told them, they knew it was thier issue and I made sure they knew I was upset with the situation and how it was handled was very unprofessional! The manager called me within hours to aplogize! that was the least they could do...

Old 07-29-2008, 03:02 PM
krim
5th Gear
dang Earthquake didn't even set off the alarm.. im wondering if they even installed it.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:29 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
go break into it!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:09 PM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
I need to find somewhere kind of far to go to put some miles on my mini!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:32 PM
krim
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
go break into it!
And have her sit around for tinting again? not a chance!

Originally Posted by StarryEyed
I need to find somewhere kind of far to go to put some miles on my mini!

Come to california, lots of movers and shakers here.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by krim
dang Earthquake didn't even set off the alarm.. im wondering if they even installed it.
Was it that strong? I kinda thought it was pretty mild.. Felt it twice though, few mins after the first one.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Euseys

GUESS WHERE we're going......drum roll please..........

S A N D I E G O

I am Canadian, never even lived in the USA for a single day in my life (Tokyo, met Matt, married in Canada, moved to Iceland, moved to Naples, Italy...now San Diego!) Matt was raised in Tampa, Florida.

Tweeckey- I think we might be close enough for car rides together!

Matt will be assigned to the CG-71, Cape St George.

We're moving in April 2009.

So, Who knows about life in San Diego---anyone have any input for a Canuck and her Sailor?
Oooh you'll love it here! -I mean there! Well.. Cali I mean. Lots of sun, surf, and sand! And it's close to everything! Lots of great beaches, if you get bored you can go up the mountains and hike or go camping, and during the winter you can go snowboard/ski! And yes, we can actually meet up halfway and go Motoring! Hey krim, what say you? [or Proximal too!]

You and your hubby will feel right at home here! You'll love it!!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Oh yeah, and one more thing:

Old 07-29-2008, 11:18 PM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
Is it just me or is it a pain to load photos into your gallery? I can only do 1 at a time or they won't load....

Old 07-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Maybe your files are too big so it can only upload one at a time? Never had a problem with mine.

****UPDATE*****

Yep. Your files are too big. Try to minimize your pixels to atleast 1600 x 1200 or lower. You shouldn't have a problem then.

Last edited by Tweeckey; 07-29-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Found the problem!
Old 07-30-2008, 05:23 AM
krim
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Tweeckey
Was it that strong? I kinda thought it was pretty mild.. Felt it twice though, few mins after the first one.
Actually, no, but my office is about 5 miles from the epicenter. I was eating at my desk and i was going to ride it out, until all the ceiling tile dust fell into my chicken nuggets. Then my coworkers monitor fell over, and then i went under the desk. Funny thing is, the only damage in the building was the emergency exit signs. ALL of them were destroyed.

Oooh you'll love it here! -I mean there! Well.. Cali I mean. Lots of sun, surf, and sand! And it's close to everything! Lots of great beaches, if you get bored you can go up the mountains and hike or go camping, and during the winter you can go snowboard/ski! And yes, we can actually meet up halfway and go Motoring! Hey krim, what say you? [or Proximal too!]

You and your hubby will feel right at home here! You'll love it!!
I think that'd be a good idea. In fact, ill be in SD all of next week.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 AM
Euseys
3rd Gear
We land in San Diego around April 1 2009, so we'll have to have a week 23 Cali tour!

In the mean time, I'm trying to get Mt Vesuius MINIs to do a road trip to the Amalfi coast in November...Anyone wanna put their car back on a ship?
hahaha

Thanks for making me feel so GREAT about San Diego. Should be good...and YUMMY in n out burger--never ate it before but eager to try!

PS. Mike S from aesthetic creations says hes gone away to Minis in the Mountains he promises the minute he gets back he'll make our badges. Still no response if he wants ME to buy and ship or if he'll put them in the webstore.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:11 AM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
Maybe your files are too big so it can only upload one at a time? Never had a problem with mine.

****UPDATE*****

Yep. Your files are too big. Try to minimize your pixels to atleast 1600 x 1200 or lower. You shouldn't have a problem then.
I just want to make sure they are ok quality so I didn't want to alter them by much.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:12 AM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bumgardnern
Well I finally got to take some pictures of the Clubman. We have had the car for like two weeks now and 2300 miles so it was about time for a quickie. She got a bath this morning and then a photoshoot. I tried to get into a friends studio this morning that has a first floor cyc wall but he was shooting so I took it out to the country and took a few that look decent.

What kind of Camera do you have?

Old 07-30-2008, 11:26 AM
MINIspud
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey you Cali folks!

I will be going to San Fran in Sept.

If you have any suggestions, check out my thread here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=149569

Old 07-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Mirrim
Wrench Wench
Originally Posted by Euseys
<snip>

PS. Mike S from aesthetic creations says hes gone away to Minis in the Mountains he promises the minute he gets back he'll make our badges. Still no response if he wants ME to buy and ship or if he'll put them in the webstore.
We'll be taking Mae to Minis in the Mountains next week. First big road trip, yay! If I'd been able to figure out what graphics I'd like on the MINI, would have been able to get them installed by Mike there. Oh well. The rides and socializing with other Mini owners should be great fun.

Any other Week 23ers going to Minis in the Mountains?

Old 07-30-2008, 05:33 PM
ahpook
Neutral
Clubman finally arrived (actually it arrived while I was out of the country). I was able to go get it this afternoon, and got to enjoy(?) 2 cities worth of rush hours. Looking forward to driving more without the loads of traffic, how dare they make me only drive 80!

Old 07-30-2008, 05:43 PM
proximal
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And yes, we can actually meet up halfway and go Motoring! Hey krim, what say you? [or Proximal too!]
Yes please! There's a few fun MINI events coming up in the next month or so, too.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
wow, it is really quiet here.... anyone home?
OWG, what is the final status on the wings? how many left?
DChaps how's Al?
All the California folk planning that meet, I'm starting my drive so wait up for me!! (well maybe not!)

Anyone doing any special trips?

I'm loving the drive to an from work these days! On a bad day at work - driving topless for an hour on the way home is fantastic...

Old 07-30-2008, 06:33 PM
krim
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
wow, it is really quiet here.... anyone home?
OWG, what is the final status on the wings? how many left?
DChaps how's Al?
All the California folk planning that meet, I'm starting my drive so wait up for me!! (well maybe not!)

Anyone doing any special trips?

I'm loving the drive to an from work these days! On a bad day at work - driving topless for an hour on the way home is fantastic...

Quoted for posterity.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:38 PM
DChap
5th Gear
Al is good, some of my joker jerk collegues decided to have some fun at my expense tonight. They surrounded my car in the parking lot with their cars. Shift ends at 6:00 and I go to get in my car.... oh yeah, it is surrounded on every side. HAHA

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group