1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 04:05 PM
krim
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those silly 32s, sounds like they're still jealous of us

Originally Posted by Tweeckey
I still like zoned's badge . But then again, maybe I'm just biased!

--Feeling better DChaps?

--krim! You put sport stripes on Yuko now? It looks really nice!
Thanks, in case no no one noticed, the right side stripe is off, and i didn't notice til the morning and i was too lazy to rip it off. The hump on the boot really makes installing the back stripes difficult, at least for a n00b like me. Good thing i have extra stripe and i can redo that one and extend it down to the exhaust pipes.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Hmmm I see it now that you've mentioned it. Not bad for a beginner though. Mine is like that on the boot part too, more on the emblem side. But it's really not noticeable unless you get really close and inspect. My Kuya was asking me if I was planning on extending the stripes to the top and all the way down, it's something we're considering as well. Oh yeah, and he changed PeeWee's oil at 2700mi.

Ya know.. I'm really grateful that I have my own personal mechanic.

[I know you're reading this Kuya!!!]

Originally Posted by krim
Those silly 32s, sounds like they're still jealous of us

Thanks, in case no no one noticed, the right side stripe is off, and i didn't notice til the morning and i was too lazy to rip it off. The hump on the boot really makes installing the back stripes difficult, at least for a n00b like me. Good thing i have extra stripe and i can redo that one and extend it down to the exhaust pipes.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:51 AM
krim
5th Gear
yeah, i'm about to change my oil too, when i hit 3k probably. it makes it easier for me to remember to change it after 7k after reading all the oil analysis threads.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:25 AM
DChap
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Tweeckey
I still like zoned's badge . But then again, maybe I'm just biased!

--Feeling better DChaps?

--krim! You put sport stripes on Yuko now? It looks really nice!
Yes much better, probably 96% of my normal self now. A touch sore in some spots, but nothing major, not even worth taking pain meds for it. I am going back to work tomorrow, and looking forward to getting my life back in order.

Thanks for all the support week 23ers.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:27 PM
krim
5th Gear
glad you're getting better!

Old 09-23-2008, 05:35 PM
DChap
5th Gear
So I was out tonight with some friends, took them for ice cream as a thank you for the support the past few weeks. On the way home, i noticed my iPhone/iPod sounded a bit in and outist, so I fiddled with the cable and it cleared up. Seems like I need a new Aux imput piece (the USB/Audio Cable input thing).

Anyway, I decided to turn off the music and listen the the MINIs own soundtrack going down a backroad near my house. I look at the speedo and find I am doing close to 100mph haha. The car is such a blast to drive.

Drive carefully, but enjoy yourself also.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
glad you are back on the road with Altoid! I sure he missed you driving him.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:02 PM
krim
5th Gear
yeah, those USB/AUX cables seem to be hit n miss, my coworkers went bad about 2 weeks after she bought hers. she has to wiggle it every so often or else it starts to crackle and emit static. Mine seems to be holding up okay, even after a month of daily removals.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:06 PM
dwf137
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my reaction time, and the mini's emergency maneuvering in the rain was tested the other day.

I was driving down the road in the left hand lane(4 lanes, 2 each way) getting ready to pass someone. There was someone waiting to turn left in the other direction, wheels turned and ready to go. Someone slammed into the back of the car waiting to turn. I was about 20 feet away(at least it seemed that close) from the car when the accident happened, traveling about 40-50mph. The impact thrust the car waiting to turn into my lane. Since I was passing someone who was in the right lane, I had to slam on the breaks to avoid side swiping someone, as well as swerve right as hard as I could to avoid a head on collision. I saw the DSC lights turn on, but the car held it's line, I felt fully in control, and I avoided a 50mph head on collision.

I'm thankful I got dsc.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:31 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dwf137
my reaction time, and the mini's emergency maneuvering in the rain was tested the other day.

I was driving down the road in the left hand lane(4 lanes, 2 each way) getting ready to pass someone. There was someone waiting to turn left in the other direction, wheels turned and ready to go. Someone slammed into the back of the car waiting to turn. I was about 20 feet away(at least it seemed that close) from the car when the accident happened, traveling about 40-50mph. The impact thrust the car waiting to turn into my lane. Since I was passing someone who was in the right lane, I had to slam on the breaks to avoid side swiping someone, as well as swerve right as hard as I could to avoid a head on collision. I saw the DSC lights turn on, but the car held it's line, I felt fully in control, and I avoided a 50mph head on collision.

I'm thankful I got dsc.
wow that's close - glad everything worked out for you!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:36 PM
dwf137
5th Gear
Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin
wow that's close - glad everything worked out for you!

I've actually witnessed 4 accidents within the past 2-3 weeks. I've been really cautious recently because of them. It definitely seems like the people here on in Seattle are not nearly as good of drivers as I'm used to back east.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:37 PM
irondynarider
2nd Gear
usb/aux cables I have found the best after going through the constant cr_p thats out there and yes the only place that I've found them is at Walmart "oxymoron" The name of the cables is Scosche. They come in a pack I believe is only $10.00 the pack comes with 3.5 mm cable that have metal braced strong ends. Also in the pack is airline adapter, angle adapter and different size plug adapters.
you should check it out they sell them in the audio section "go figure"
here's a link http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10059150

Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 AM
OWG
5th Gear

I've actually witnessed 4 accidents within the past 2-3 weeks. I've been really cautious recently because of them. It definitely seems like the people here on in Seattle are not nearly as good of drivers as I'm used to back east.
It's the coffee....

Old 09-24-2008, 12:27 PM
DChap
5th Gear

I'm thankful I got dsc.

you must have been further than 20ft, but I know what you mean, it just looks soooo close because of how much concentration your brain uses to focus on it. Glad you got yourself out of harms way.

The accident was actually half the car that rear ended the "waiting to turn car" and it was also the "waiting to turn cars fault". Never ever ever turn your wheels while waiting to turn. Only turn the wheel once you are able to cross the road, otherwise that exact thing could happen and it can kill many people.

Sorry, had to say it.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Euseys
3rd Gear
We're Baaaaaaack!

Hi Week 23ers! Just got in, mostly unpacked. Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria (just for 44 miles), France (just for 39 miles) and Belgium (walked thru it!) All is well with Team Eusey, we raced the NURBURGRING! Got the souvenier sticker to prove it!

Going to bed now, will try to compose a coherent story tomorrow! Glad the list hasn't closed yet, will read and catch up 2moro!!

Rebecca and Matt Eusey
and Mystique who has over 4,500 miles on her now!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:45 PM
irondynarider
2nd Gear
Welcome back!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Tweeckey
4th Gear
Yay! Welcome back! Can't wait to see some of your pics!

--Glad to know you're feeling better now DChaps.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:51 AM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Opinions?

I'd love the opinions of my fellow W23ers on this issue I'm having with a funny noise from my right front suspension!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:49 AM
krim
5th Gear
i'd take mine in, but i'm only like 10 miles from the dealer. I think you should try what someone said and have someone push down really hard, trying to replicate a pothole, on the front tower while the other looks and sees if they can see where the issue is coming from. it does sound like a bushing, but i'm not familiar enough with the suspension components yet to tell you any more.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Euseys
3rd Gear
Hi all,

Took a long time, but I edited and added photo titles to each of the 600+ photos of the trip.

Rather than writing an extensive single entry about the trip, I wrote snipits under each photo.

Its a huge file, so let it display on your screen for a while, then grab a cold drink of your choosing, and hop in the passenger's seat!

Click the link below...
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...6_381376874603

[FONT=verdana][SIZE=1]If you can't see the pictures in this email, click here to see it in a web browser:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=bkkbuo7.1y6oyd2j&x=0&y=-gtkj16&localeid=en_US [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Old 09-26-2008, 06:15 AM
Euseys
3rd Gear
The Nurburgring was simply amazing. It was clear all day, and just before the track opened for the public, it began to rain. Fearlessly, with sport button and DSC On, we did it!

The trip's photos begin in Tuscany Italy featuring the Joust in Arezzo. Then we drove to Bern, Switzerland. The MINI is featured a lot in the photos of 3 land place, the human sized labrynth where Germany/Belgium/Netherlands all meet.

A detour to Nurburgring (documented in the photos) then from there, to Eindhoven Netherlands where Gramma was born, then to Amsterdam. The Netherlands photos are all on the 2nd memory stick, so still uploading and composing photo titles for that load.

Any questions, please email. If you want to know more about anything send me a message

Safely back home, going to work on Monday
Cheers!
Euseys

Old 09-26-2008, 06:37 AM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Euseys
Its a huge file, so let it display on your screen for a while, then grab a cold drink of your choosing, and hop in the passenger's seat!
You were not kidding! Some great pictures and I'm insanely jealous of such a trip, but lots of them!! Prepare for some loading time here folks!

In other news, I broke 4500 miles yesterday and burned through the rest of the poison 87 Octane fuel my stupid roommate put in the MINI. Interesting note, with "Regular" fuel my MPG was horrible. I got 327 miles out of the tank of gas and that included far more conservative driving (no Sport button ). I've been averaging about 400 with "Premium" 93. I already was aware this would be the case, but was surprised by the numbers!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:39 AM
richs10
5th Gear
Originally Posted by zonedguy
Interesting note, with "Regular" fuel my MPG was horrible. I got 327 miles out of the tank of gas and that included far more conservative driving (no Sport button ). I've been averaging about 400 with "Premium" 93. I already was aware this would be the case, but was surprised by the numbers!
I suspect your MPG may have also been affected by your "stupid roomate's" driving your MINI on two wheels (with the Sport Button on) for most of the time he had the car.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:53 AM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by richs10
I suspect your MPG may have also been affected by your "stupid roomate's" driving your MINI on two wheels (with the Sport Button on) for most of the time he had the car.
Nah, he knows better. He felt really bad when he realized what he had done. Unfortunately he didn't get the pump stopped before the tank was almost entirely filled because the attendant was giving him trouble.

P.S. I hate not being allowed to pump my own gas!

Old 09-26-2008, 02:48 PM
DChap
5th Gear
Can anyone else with a Mac log into the owners lounge right now? they added some security questions which have screwed up everything for a mac.

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group