1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:12 PM
dwf137
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Euseys

And, good for your restraint in the chips aisle, dwf137!
it's very tough to do. I allow myself to indulge on a few things like beer, but for snacks only fruits, nuts, pretzels, and the like...

i'm used to eating tons of junk. I've had a crazy metabolism for years. It's slowing down a bit now that I'm hitting my mid 20's soon... I'm not gaining weight by any means, but I don't want to start, because once it's there, it'll be really hard to get rid of...

Old 02-14-2009, 04:51 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dwf137
if you could explain that to the rest of the country, maybe the country wouldn't be overrun with obese people...

until then, I'll keep myself healthy, no need for medicine or weight loss.
+1

Old 02-15-2009, 11:24 PM
krim
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Euseys
Krim, do you play with any of the SCMM folks?
i have not yet, i keep an odd schedule and i'm not available during most of their meets. One of these days, ill show up to a breakfast and lurk.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:01 AM
proximal
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by krim
i have not yet, i keep an odd schedule and i'm not available during most of their meets. One of these days, ill show up to a breakfast and lurk.
Please do! You are missing out on good times. This is Euseys and I after the DIY day.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:47 AM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by proximal
Please do! You are missing out on good times. This is Euseys and I after the DIY day.
Great picture! Lookin good. However I would note that both of YOU are missing from the picture!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Euseys
3rd Gear
Will upload the memory stick, and post a photo of us, it was GREAT. Vincent (Proximal) is such a nice guy...gotta find a single female friend for him...LOL. I had the time of my life. It was great to have the fellowship and bond with complete strangers..being in Europe I really missed this about MINI.

There was a window tint guy at the SCMM event, I showed him the MYSTIQUE graphics and rear bonnet stripes (which are actually OEM hood stripes, just stuck to the back). He applied them for me, and with complete interior/exterior detailling, and graphics, it was about $280. Not too bad...

Here's some photos!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Euseys
3rd Gear
and here's Proximal and Euseys-- aka Vincent and Rebecca

Old 02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Euseys
3rd Gear
Old 02-16-2009, 02:56 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
nice very nice... meeting another 23er and Mystique new work!

Old 02-16-2009, 07:16 PM
dwf137
5th Gear
uggghhh..

The same exact tire that the shop broke the TPMS sensor on, is now flat.

It's weird too. There's nothing in the tire! I think it's a valve stem install issue. It will hold pressure until I hit high speeds... Seems to me like the valve stem isn't installed correctly

Unfortunately, I didn't buy the tires at the shop that installed the tire, and the store manager told me that they won't replace a flat tire that was wasn't purchased at their store, even if it was their faulty work that caused the problem.

just another reason I hate Les Schwab.

Anyway, looks like I'll be using the road side assistance to get my car towed to the mini dealership tomorrow. Thankfully the snow tires I went with are mini-approved, and they have them in stock!

Old 02-18-2009, 02:28 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by dwf137
uggghhh..

The same exact tire that the shop broke the TPMS sensor on, is now flat.
How annoying! Sorry to hear you are having to deal with so many issues!

On a completely seperate topic, I'm considering going to Minis on Top '09, any other W23ers from the Northeast planning to go this year?

Old 02-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Euseys
3rd Gear
Anyone from week 23 thinking of going to AMVILV-- That stands for "a mini vacation in las vegas" Its in March...Matt would have just arrived, so he might not want to blow the cash to go, with me not working yet...
just putting feelers out. Have fun in Minis on Top if you go, zonedguy

Oh, How cool is this? The licence plate: MYST1Q was avail. in California!!!
So our Mystique will even have mystique style plates
Needed a 1 number for the letter I, but not bad!

Old 02-18-2009, 06:31 PM
dwf137
5th Gear
Originally Posted by zonedguy
How annoying! Sorry to hear you are having to deal with so many issues!
yea, got my car back, all of the stems were loose to the point that they weren't even hand-tight.

Now I'm fighting to get the 55 dollar service charge from mini paid for by that shop... it's not going so well.

I thought about AMVIV, but I'd rather spend that money on mod's right now...

Old 02-20-2009, 10:56 AM
richs10
5th Gear
Just thought I would check in and let everyone know how it's going. I've been reading the thread and I'm amazed it is over 4500 posts! The Clubbie is running great. With winter upon us, I really hate that I can't wash and Hydro the car every weekend. But I do like the Pepper White color more and more since it doesn't look as dirty as it really is.

Aside from a few very, very minor issues (the passenger door scuff plate trim is loose, for example), I am overjoyed with this car. I had my tires rotated at about 8,000 miles. No problems. The only thing that does annoy me is the lack of drip rails on the doors. When it's raining outside and I crack the driver's window, I get a 'face shower' from water coming off the front pillar. It's worse in the winter. I guess that's because the water is freezing cold. But it does keep me wide awake behind the wheel!

We've only had a little snow back here this year, but the MINI did just fine. This was one of my main concerns since I was coming out of a 4WD Durango. I love the auto wipers when it rains. I wish they offered a similar set up for the rear wipers. I am still very torn about getting an interim oil change about now. The on-board computer says not for another 11,000 miles, but I am having a lot of trouble believing I should take that advice!

All in all, I'm lovin' this car!

Rich

Old 02-23-2009, 07:23 AM
OWG
5th Gear
Maxwell got wacked...

...parked at a little after 5 am on Sunday, minding his own business and WAM. Woke both the wife and I....

http://web.me.com/dkandd/Site/Maxwell_gets_wacked.html

Last edited by OWG; 02-23-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:26 AM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by OWG
...parked at a little after 5 am on sunday, minding his own business and WAM. Woke both the wife and I....

Photos
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about Maxwell! I'd be angry

Unfortunately I can't get the images to load in either Firefox or IE. Script errors on the page?

Old 02-23-2009, 07:46 AM
OWG
5th Gear
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about Maxwell! I'd be angry

Unfortunately I can't get the images to load in either Firefox or IE. Script errors on the page?
I pasted the url into the page. Of course it's working for me.

The anger has passed. My first comment, standing on my front steps, barefoot in my robe was "How in the hell did you manage to t-bone a parked car in the middle of the block!"

Old 02-23-2009, 07:54 AM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by OWG
I pasted the url into the page. Of course it's working for me.
I think it is the Slideshow part that is messing up the link. Everyone try this link:

http://web.me.com/dkandd/Site/Maxwel..._wacked.html#0
Originally Posted by OWG
The anger has passed. My first comment, standing on my front steps, barefoot in my robe was "How in the hell did you manage to t-bone a parked car in the middle of the block!"
And rightfully so!! Those photos are nuts. Judging by the gashes on the side of the white car, you weren't the first car they ran into/along that evening. Were they drunk?

Maxwell looks very sad :(

Old 02-23-2009, 08:01 AM
spidrz06
3rd Gear
Oh my goodness! Sooo Sorry! My heart jumped into my throat! Hopefully you will be able to get Maxwell back up and running soon. So so sorry!

Old 02-23-2009, 08:38 AM
OWG
5th Gear
...Those photos are nuts. Judging by the gashes on the side of the white car, you weren't the first car they ran into/along that evening. Were they drunk?

Maxwell looks very sad :(
Clipped the Saab behind me - rim bent and rear wheel pushed slightly forward. Took off his rear view.

Was NOT drunk. It would have been easier if he had been. Said that he fell asleep.

Re: Maxwell up and running - Who knows? That broken piece of casting has me concerned. Identifying where it came from is one of my requirements. It could be suspension related, but the drive train took a real shot against the curb. Oh, and it was in reverse, so there was some counter rotation of the engine.

On a positive note - the substructure is tank-like. The doors open and shut like the day it was delivered.

Last edited by OWG; 02-23-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:55 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OWG- I'm so sorry!!! That is horrible.
NOT drunk just tired! same a drunk, could have killed someone.
Maxwell, minding his own business and just tucked in for the night! that is horrible. Glad you no one was hurt?!

Please let us know how Maxwell is doing and keep us informed.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:31 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by OWG
Re: Maxwell up and running - Who knows? That broken piece of casting has me concerned. Identifying where it came from is one of my requirements. It could be suspension related, but the drive train took a real shot against the curb. Oh, and it was in reverse, so there was some counter rotation of the engine.
My exact thoughts when I saw the pictures and your careful photography related to that casting. I'd be scoping out what your local dealer(s) have on the lot

Originally Posted by OWG
On a positive note - the substructure is tank-like. The doors open and shut like the day it was delivered.
Glad to know that! Sad you had to figure it out for us!

Old 02-23-2009, 02:52 PM
krim
5th Gear
holy crap, how fast was he going!?!?
well, im glad that you guys weren't in Maxwell at the time. But yeah, he's looking pretty down in those photos.
I think i'd check the front suspension first for that piece... assuming it came off maxwell.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:18 AM
OWG
5th Gear
holy crap, how fast was he going!?!?
I have been turning the physics over in my head - I don't have a number, but I know that it is greater than the posted 25 mph.

I think i'd check the front suspension first for that piece... assuming it came off maxwell.
I've been poking around the Real OEM exploded diagrams and the carrier (part #2) would be rational.

But that is just guessing. Assessor tomorrow!

Last edited by OWG; 02-24-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
OWG
5th Gear
And the inital estimate is...

...$8,313.

The casting is from the rear trailing arm.

Does anyone want to start a pool for what the final number is going to be?

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group