1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2008 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:48 PM
SeattleClubmanS
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have been a member for a long time, have you previously owned another MINI or finally decided to take the plunge in ordering one?

I had a 2005 MCS Pepper White with pretty much all the same options except the NAV and I can not wait to not have my Land Rover anymore!

Old 06-04-2008, 03:19 AM
richs10
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SeattleClubmanS
.....and I can not wait to not have my Land Rover anymore!
That's another thing that is adding to the tension of the wait. The way prices are going with used SUV's, I keep having these waking nightmares that my dealer is gonna tell me he doesn't want to do the agreed trade on my old truck due to the sliding used SUV market. It's amazing how that segment of the market is going to h*ll so fast!

Just another thing to obsess about while waiting for my Clubman!

Rich

Old 06-04-2008, 05:49 AM
DChap
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SeattleClubmanS
You have been a member for a long time, have you previously owned another MINI or finally decided to take the plunge in ordering one?

I had a 2005 MCS Pepper White with pretty much all the same options except the NAV and I can not wait to not have my Land Rover anymore!
yeah it will be my first MINI.

when it first came out in 2002 (i think) i really liked it, then my older brother bought an 06'. After testing an 07' i was hooked and decided i would get one when I could.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:36 AM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I really suppose I should be doing work, but why would I do that when I can spend my time obsessing over my MINI? Even though I do not yet know which cruise I'll be on, I went ahead and did some Google exploration around the Port Authority shipyards and 'lo and behold I found myself some MINIs. Turns out that right behind the Tropicana plant off of I-78 is the NYC BMW VDC is located at 20 Colony Rd, Jersey City, NJ 07305, USA. (2.5 miles from my house vs 32 to my dealer!)

Look in the parking lot to the right of the location marker, the MINIs with sunroofs are immediately apparent: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...05021&t=h&z=18

Last edited by zonedguy; 06-04-2008 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Better link inserted.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:38 AM
spidrz06
3rd Gear
So have you ever gotten an ASK MINI rep that is completely clueless? I just got off the phone with John, and first he "couldn't find me in the system" "would (I) like to register?" I told him I have called everyday this week, here is my production number...... then we waited for like 2 minutes... and he said I wasn't coming up. I gave him the number and asked him to check it again.... it finally worked... he told me it is in the Body Shop (YAY)... so I asked when it is suppose to be completed... he said "like two or three days"... what, no date?!? I asked is it still on target for the 5th? He said "Yeah, that will be about right" wait... thats tomorrow... thats only ONE day.... what's up with that???

Old 06-04-2008, 06:53 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
Spidz06- I wouldn't worry about it too much, sounds like the guy wasn't really with it anyway. Try calling back later, or call your MA if you have't bugged them in awhile.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:01 AM
spidrz06
3rd Gear
I plan to call back later...Generally I have great service from the ASK MINI folks... so I was just a little shocked.....

I doubt I will be calling my MA.... he was pretty uncooperative, and sorta rude honestly... I was very unpleased with my purchasing experience.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:08 AM
claytonl
2nd Gear
I just called 866-ASK-MINI. They told me production started today with an estimated completion of 6/10.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:12 AM
MINIspud
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol, you guys are hilarious. I had some actual work to do this morn so i was preoccupied. I finally check and there are 2 pages of you guys obsessing. haha..

i have no patience for most things, so this is killing me.

The Powned on the "killing me since monday" comment made me lol..

Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Euseys
3rd Gear
GOOD NEWS!

We should be taking delivery at the End of JULY.
Which is much earlier than September, which was our original date.

Still makes me think you guys are SO LUCKY to be worried about a 6/10 completion!

Oh well. Patience.
Did you hear how we're breaking in the mini? A drive from Naples italy to Amsterdam, Netherlands via the Alps. Wheeeeeee

Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Bandit
3rd Gear
All aboard the FIDELIO! My mini should ship off tomorrow woot

Old 06-04-2008, 07:27 AM
MINIspud
5th Gear
Updated the list: Claytonl, if you know your VDC, i will update the list

East Coast - NYC VDC
MINIspud
gemgirlpa
BahnMan
zonedguy
DanceforMINI
toolazyforalogin
Axela
StarryEyed (honorary member)
Richs10
chowdah

DChap
Mozza

East Coast - Charleston VDC
ahpook
MINImalistnam
blackjackmark
Greg Davis
mrmrsjackson
extremevalues

East Coast - Brunswick VDC
Bandit: (FIDELIO Depart:6/5)

West- Port Hueneme VDC
SeattleClubmanS
AlexM
proximal
dwf137
Sgregg67
spidrz06
Mirrim
hexnut

European Delivery
Eusey

Secure, Undisclosed Location
vashim66
DC1
wng
claytonl

Old 06-04-2008, 07:34 AM
MINImalistnam
3rd Gear
Good Work, MINISpud!

Sparky hit the paint shop today, then into final assembly and QC tomorrow, Heath tells me. Don't think Spark will make the Patriot, maybe not the Sierra Nevada, but definitely the Asian Chorus. Wow, these ships hold 4000-8000 cars!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:36 AM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
yay! I'm an honorary member! ha ha I wish somebody else was in MI! We could drive our minis to a ton of events!! I may have to make road trips......

Old 06-04-2008, 07:40 AM
richs10
5th Gear
Whoo-Hooo!! I just entered my VIN at the ship website and I am on the FIDELIO which looks like it sails tomorrow, June 05. NY on the 14th.

The schedule also says the ship will stop at Baltimore on the 16th. Since I am in MD, I wonder why they just didn't keep the car on board? Does MINI deliver at Baltimore? Probably not....

But I'm happy. Soooooo, if it gets to NY by the 14th, anyone have any idea of when it would get to a dealer in MD? My dealer had originally said the second week in July, but maybe it will be sooner????

Thanks, Rich

Old 06-04-2008, 07:45 AM
hexnut
2nd Gear
MINIspud, I am taking delivery of my MCS from Knauz Motors in Lake Bluff, IL so I assume my MINI will not arrive at a west coast VDC. I know it's confusing that I live in Idaho and I am buying the car in the Chicago area (where I live part of the time). My MCS is supposed to be assembled this Friday, June 6.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:48 AM
claytonl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIspud
Updated the list: Claytonl, if you know your VDC, i will update the list

Charleston VDC

Old 06-04-2008, 07:48 AM
MCEnvy
3rd Gear
Hey MiniSpud, I'm pretty sure my VDC will be in Halifax, Nova Scotia for a Toronto delivery. Add me in !

I don't have the same access as you guys to ASK-MINI, but from the info I gather from my MA, my Mini was in production last week Tues and still in production as of Mon. So I imagine it should be completed right about now?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:53 AM
MINIspud
5th Gear
hex, what VDC are you?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:59 AM
SeattleClubmanS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by richs10
That's another thing that is adding to the tension of the wait. The way prices are going with used SUV's, I keep having these waking nightmares that my dealer is gonna tell me he doesn't want to do the agreed trade on my old truck due to the sliding used SUV market. It's amazing how that segment of the market is going to h*ll so fast!

Just another thing to obsess about while waiting for my Clubman!

Rich
I can't say much due to the privacy agreement but my Land Rover LR2 is brand new and the dealer is buying it back from me on Friday. I got lucky! The reason I am buying a MINI again (used to have a new 05 MCS) is because I got the opportunity to change my mind under the circumstances! But I will love not having to spend $70 to fill up once a week!

I do feel bad for those who have to go through the process of selling an SUV - it's awful! But well worth the trouble when you get your MINI!!!

My hubby will be selling is 07 Lexus IS350 to downsize, it has good MPG but he drives 50+ miles to work so he is going to sell the same month I buy my MINI so we can get the tax credit. He will prolly end up with a stripper MCS with all the JCW parts, not sure how that helps the MPG...

Old 06-04-2008, 08:00 AM
DanceForMINI
3rd Gear
Starry- I am in Washtenaw County. There is a Mid-Michigan Mini Motoring Group on here somewhere too, they also have a separate site and gather a few times a year. I think it would be fun to go on an all MINI outing.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:01 AM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
im never going to sell my Buick Rendezvous... :(

Old 06-04-2008, 08:02 AM
SeattleClubmanS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIspud
lol, you guys are hilarious. I had some actual work to do this morn so i was preoccupied. I finally check and there are 2 pages of you guys obsessing. haha..

i have no patience for most things, so this is killing me.

The Powned on the "killing me since monday" comment made me lol..

I'm glad my craziness made you smile!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:03 AM
DChap
5th Gear
Should I call today? I mean, i know they are going to say either in the body shop, or paint shop, then QC tomorrow, there is no point, but I still want to call haha.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:04 AM
DChap
5th Gear
Originally Posted by StarryEyed
im never going to sell my Buick Rendezvous... :(
so do something fun with it, turn it into a demo dirby car and drive into stuff.... or take it on a rally special stage, or just set it on fire for the fun of it haha

Quick Reply: Week 23 2008 Support Group